TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

I feel bad because this is all I post about lately but no... if a park has the ability to open and there's demand and they choose to stay closed then they're dumb. Period. Be creative and figure it ou

So basically there were about as many rides open as there would be in peak season with 15 mph winds.

Posted Images

When I was working there in 1999 (not on that ride however) the E-Stop was hit and so the train at the start of the lift stopped however the train coming into the station blew right through the station and headed up the lift missing rearending the train on the lift by less than a foot.

Even though this incident was pretty small, I bet it will stay closed for at least a week, maybe more. They have to investigate and find out why it did this, and when they do, who knows what all they'll have to do to fix it, unless it was just human error.

On site reports are saying the train blew past the last brake run and hit the next train in the transfer brake. I have ridden this ride 1,000 times. Coming into the transfer brake isn't that fast, but it would sting a bit to stop that quickly.

Am I the only one here who thinks that its a waste of power/space/money to have a launch up to 70 mph and immediately brake the train?

Just make the launch 50 mph, which would give you space for an extra block in the launch, preventing lift hill rollbacks.

Also, less power would be used on the launch, the brakes would not need to be installed (saves money), and there would be airtime on the hill following the launch.

This is fun! I've been sitting here watching the trains go past and guessing where they'll be next!

Maverick in the horseshoe roll!

172300175_Maverick1(600x450).jpg.d89a68b6e0bf8dba5a442e45c8eece22.jpg

Oh no! Thank God no one was severely injured, but that certainly is not good.

The same thing happened on The Big One the year it opened. A much bigger media deal was made because there were more injuries, as well as it being a brand new ride.

I wonder if this will hinder Magnum's near-perfect three train operation.

Again, i'm very glad no one was seriously hurt. Hopefully they get to the bottom of this soon.

Oh no, my favorite coaster! At least nobody was seriously injured. Didn't something like this happen on the Thunderbolt at Kennywood a few years ago? I remember that one train was parked at the station and another crashed into it. I think there were a lot more injuries on that, though.