TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ just a guess but normally cocktails come in smaller cups so maybe the $11-$12 full price cups are smaller than the souvenir? *shrug*

They come in about pint glass size. You're getting this mixed up. These aren't your higher end top shelf or craft cocktails in a short glass. These cocktails juice, sugar, and booze, straight off the Applebees menu. Not complaining. I thought mine was delicious.

bPmVwl7.jpg

^Are those real glasses or the clear plastic ones?

Because when we were there in late May we got the plastic ones and got to keep them. But in that picture they really look like glass! I'm not sure which I'd prefer but I do still use both the plastic ones we were able to keep.

BTW what kind of drink is that? Typically I'd go for the Long Island but that looks delicious!

based on the picture, that looks like either a hurricane or a Rum Punch (I'd guess Rum Punch).

I found, while staying at Breakers, that if we ordered inside at the bar (while sitting AT the bar), they served in Glass.

but if we ordered from out by the firepits, they came in Plastic.

could have just been me, but that was my observation last year.

based on the picture, that looks like either a hurricane or a Rum Punch (I'd guess Rum Punch).

I found, while staying at Breakers, that if we ordered inside at the bar (while sitting AT the bar), they served in Glass.

That actually makes a lot of sense.Glass indoors vs if your outdoors, the plastic cup. I have seen that at a lot of places.

I love the deep dive into this very serious topic! Love the photos. I'm still searching for photos/reviews of the swim up bar at CP Shores and I'll post anything if I find useful information.

^ Bert, I want to believe your shirt says "CHUG!"

It was like the lake punch of something like that. I liked it a lot and it worked great as our 'kick off' drink. I ordered this one at the bar, but maybe we told them we weren't staying. When we went in 2016 they gave us the plastic cups too. Or, maybe they were running short on the plastic cups when you went. Who knows.

I like how CP isn't afraid to offer booze incentives.

I was served inside the bar just before it closed (11:30pm) and got plastic for both: the rum and coke (short plastic), and long island (tall plastic), which the bartender let me keep. They both had the Sand Bar logo on them.

I do enjoy drinking out of the glasses, don't get me wrong, but being able to keep the plastic cups was nice. It's just a shame if they're throwing away plastic ones they're serving that nobody cares about keeping. Seems like a big waste.

I found a perfect use for my Surf Lounge plastic glass I brought home....keeping my Skee Ball tickets together!

Drinking06.JPG.ec41e5f7072370de7aff6e49a8b9f19b.JPG

With last year's IceBall (SkeeBall) tix in it.

Just curious, I haven’t been able to be online lately, so I haven’t checked this thread for a little while...is there any update on 3 train ops for Steel Vengeance or still just 2 running at a time?

I found a perfect use for my Surf Lounge plastic glass I brought home....keeping my Skee Ball tickets together!

What's the plan for all those skee-ball tickets?

So I think I maybe, possibly could have discovered a loophole in the early entry system.

For anyone who has ever stayed at one of the CP hotels and took advantage of early entry... how do you get in for early entry? Is there a special ticket?

I ask because I’ve been noticing people enter through the resort entrance for early entry with what looked like standard tickets who parked in the lot and weren’t walking from Breakers. Now obviously they could have been at breakers express or the other one, and that would explain it.

But...

yesterday was the first time I’ve entered through the main entrance in a long time and we had to show a pass or something to get you past a checkpoint right in front of Raptor for early entry. At the resort entrance there is no checkpoint.

So I’m wondering could anyone with a regular ticket enter the park early through the resort entrance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that they can scan any ticket at the main gate and anyone can enter the holding area but only tickets with Early Entry can scan at the other two gates as (until this year) I don’t think there was a holding area at all.

I could be wrong, but I always assumed that was how it worked.

Unless things have changed within the 10 days since I have been to the park, they had an area set up behind Dragster checking passes and tickets to allow people back towards SV for early entry. This was even as later as 945am when we had our passes checked.

Last week the Express Hotel handed out early entry cards for hotel guests, but they did not check for them at the resort entrance by Magnum. They let all types of passes/tickets in at 9am regardless.

What's the plan for all those skee-ball tickets?

The usual crap I don't need, and can get much cheaper, anywhere else.

Souvenirs01.JPG.d5267567b041286fdb88982f74d0c7cf.JPG

Last year's win(s) - I got into a sort of Groot thing, back then.

Souvenirs04.JPG.28e5757879fc680254e21a22e12d0513.JPG

People kept asking me where I got this figure, but by then, they were all gone from the Arcade.

IMG_6730.JPG.8f42b2a104150a632c40c71e3981a31c.JPG

So far this year, I've gotten a sparkly snake!

^Exactly! Even if they cost you 600 skee ball tickets or so, lol!

By the way, the Skee Ball games at CP have much longer "bowling lanes".

Ours are half the length of those, which makes it less of a "challenge"

for anyone, including myself probably. I was terrible at the CP ones.

IceBall.jpg.25b8cb90cd16afea4170e44e44e5df14.jpg

Ours in Playland. Kinda short, hmm? Photo from TPR, thanks!

I'm heading to CP Friday Aug 17th and Saturday Aug 18th... Does anyone know the ballpark wait times for the major rides (SV, Val, Millennium, TTD, etc) with Fast Lane Plus? Thanks!

MF, Maverick and TTD will still have waits in a queue that could be as long as 45 minutes given where the FL+ line is incorporated into the regular line.

It's still better than the regular lines that those coasters will undoubtedly have on a summer weekend. Then of course you also have to consider any down time as Maverick and TTD are well known for suffering occasional down time during the course of a day.

Valravn dumps you into the station and I hear that SV does as well, so I wouldn't anticipate long waits unless you just happen to hit the FL+ line at the same time as a lot of other FL+ folks. Our wait time on Valravn with FL+ when it was new ranged from a complete walk-on to a 15-20 minute wait behind several other FL+ folks. Not too shabby considering the regular wait time posted was 1.5-2 hours just about every time we went to ride it.

I wouldn't think that wait times with FL+ on any of the other coaster or flats should be an issue for you, but as mentioned, it all depends on if you hit a line at the same time as a bunch of other people with FL+, or if the ride is suffering any down time.

^ I recall Maverick FL dumps you right in the station too. . tho there was always a line, that made it go down the split stairs, so sometimes it did take 10 minutes or so (more if breakdown).

but the one day I had FL+ at CP, we used it on Maverick several times, and got on fairly quickly.

^ Yep...now that I recall, that is 100% true.

I guess that we just always ended up waiting a while because we were "lucky" enough for it to break down half a dozen times while we were in line - same with TTD.

Chiming in on the Early Entry convo, and also referencing a topic from earlier this year in the Carowinds thread, I have continued to have NO problem this season, getting everybody in my party in for Early Entry, even as the only Passholder. In the Carowinds thread I asked about it earlier this year before my trip there, because I noticed they specifically noted that only Passholders can get in for Early Entry there which was different than how I'd known CP to do it. At that time somebody told me they've never been able to get friends in for Early Entry at CP, while I have never NOT been able to get them in. In previous years, that was coming in through the front, but both times this year, it was back at the Magnum/Resort entrance, and yes, there was a little holding area that was blocked off where you enter the main midway there. I just showed my card, and we all went through. I guess I can't speak to anybody else's experience if it's different, but that's what I've always done, without issue.