TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

• Replies 49.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out this amazing photo compliments of Dave Morgan!! 

I feel bad because this is all I post about lately but no... if a park has the ability to open and there's demand and they choose to stay closed then they're dumb. Period. Be creative and figure it ou

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

Posted Images

One thing to remember is that we still don't really know the scope of the project. For all we know the changes to Mean Streak could be far more dramatic than they've been for previous Iron Horse conversions. I was all in on 2018 and I'm becoming less and less confident on that with each update, but it's also hard to be overly confident in 2017 when we don't know what they're actually doing yet.

Maybe it will be a lift-hill coaster, then it hits a launch section that goes away from the the Mean Streak footprint. The worlds longest coaster? Hey, Dreaming is free

Whatever it is or isn't, the park sure seems like they're having fun! More power to em!

Someone was going to post about it eventually from IAAPA. It's just a tweet and I have 0 faith in a random coaster based twitter account. This is fun to watch but I'm not believing anything until I hear it from the park.

Even if it is announced for 2018, I still want to return in 2017 for Cedar Point, the waterpark upgrades, beach, local perch/walleye fish fries, and the Drunken Donkey patio.

Maybe Cedar Point is trying something new. A new scheme of some sort. Can't wait to see what they have up their sleeves. I hope there are tunnels involved.

I was disappointed to see the bunny hops at the beginning of the coaster (I don't think they're really needed), but I'm much more disappointed by the fact that the lift will be the same low angle it was before rather than making it 45 degrees or so as many people had theorized. What are your thoughts and first impressions of the conversion so far?

I was disappointed to see the bunny hops at the beginning of the coaster (I don't think they're really needed), but I'm much more disappointed by the fact that the lift will be the same low angle it was before rather than making it 45 degrees or so as many people had theorized. What are your thoughts and first impressions of the conversion so far?

Unless everyone is wrong, the lift hill will be steeper.

14918825_1804024326509844_5231465999474328942_o.jpg

Intrigued to see what CP is up to if it isn't opening until 2018, should be something pretty special. Without going over old ground too much, surely if it was opening next year then the park would currently be promoting the hell out of it. Plus with Valravn just opening do they really need another massive new coaster so soon? I don't think so.

I wonder how many records CP will be going for this time? Highest steel-coaster-with-wood-structure? Longest coaster? Most trains on an RMC? I'm sure they will cook up a good list of records. Not that I personally care about records (most of my favorites hold no records), but that's what they do.

I hope I go next year to CP again. My cousin's fiance never been to an amusement park before(i know shocking.. ) So she wants to go to Cedar Point as her first amusement park. Which will be an awesome choice . So i will most likely be going with them. Be cool if the new Mean Streak is opened up next year. RMC is awesome!! Even though I just only been on one and thats the Goliath at Great America. Goliath is soooo much fun so i look forward to CP's version of an RMC coaster

I wonder how many records CP will be going for this time? Highest steel-coaster-with-wood-structure? Longest coaster? Most trains on an RMC? I'm sure they will cook up a good list of records. Not that I personally care about records (most of my favorites hold no records), but that's what they do.

My guess is these are very likely, and they are almost exactly what was promoted for Valravn: tallest, fastest, longest hybrid roller coaster, and longest drop and steepest drop on a hybrid coaster. Other obscure ones would be: most track at one park, most steel track at one park, most rides in one park, and possibly most coasters over 200 in one park. Other possible ones I can think of (depending on if this will be predominantly air time driven or inversions, either most air time moments on a coaster or most inversions on a hybrid coaster.

I think 3 inversions on a Iron Horse RMC is a good amount. Maybe 4 if we have a secondary launch The dive-loop on Goliath is excellent! 2 lifts would be interesting too; not parallel like Twisted Colossus of course. I just hope they really do something "out of the box" for this design. Cedar Point has plenty of super-conservative designs.

I think 3 inversions on a Iron Horse RMC is a good amount. Maybe 4 if we have a secondary launch The dive-loop on Goliath is excellent! 2 lifts would be interesting too; not parallel like Twisted Colossus of course. I just hope they really do something "out of the box" for this design. Cedar Point has plenty of super-conservative designs.

This won't be conservative however it shows up. I also think three or four inversions would be just right; but I have no say in the outcome.

Judging from those pics I've seen, a Revitalized Meaner Coaster will be opening in 2017

Does anybody actually get this???

Read it carefully

OH MY GOD!!! YES!!! YOU'RE RIGHT!!! We all get it now!

"Revitalized Meaner Coaster" = RMC!!!

Oh my god. So clever!

Edited by DoinItForTheFame