TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

• Replies 49.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel bad because this is all I post about lately but no... if a park has the ability to open and there's demand and they choose to stay closed then they're dumb. Period. Be creative and figure it ou

Check out this amazing photo compliments of Dave Morgan!! 

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

Posted Images

. . . The theoretical trajectory based on this lift angle seems to put the new total height well over the old, by how much we can't say yet.

I'm still thinking that they are going to break the 200ft mark.

Tony sounds passed in a letter I saw on facebook. . .

Ohhhh no!! Tony Clark has passed?? Who's going to replace him?! #RIPTony

/End Sarcasm

Tony did say in his blog that people weren't allowed to drive around and take pictures since the park is closed. Once I saw that video surfaced, I knew trouble would come for the person who made it. I just hope everyone understands that park rules are park rules and disobeying them could lead to consequences.

Anyways, regarding Mean Streak, I could see this being RMC's best conversion yet!

Thanks, Tony. That was well worded and appropriate. We're all very excited for the new coaster, and although I enjoyed the original Mean Streak, I am eagerly watching the construction of the new version of the ride. Sometimes people get a little carried away. I understand how dangerous construction zones can be, as I have had a number of friends and acquaintances in that industry, so I know you set down these rules to keep people safe. I'll be content to watch the construction through the channels you and the park provide. If it's like the Valravn construction, this should be an entertaining winter. Thanks for all you do, and I'm very much looking forward to the next time I can visit your park and ride this new coaster and some old favourites as well.

Conspiracy theory time:

Maybe the video was leaked anonymously by Cedar Point as a marketing strategy....

...or enthusiasts are so thirsty for new pictures that they are willing to trespass and get arrested. How long before someone gets arrested and we get a mugshot? I give it <2 weeks.

Guess we will have to rely on people using THE BOAT to cruise up near the area and take pictures.

I'm surprised nobody has flown a drone over it yet. Seriously though, trespassing is really crossing the line. People should know better.

Flying a drone over the park would also be crossing a line as well and perhaps some federal or local laws as well

Screenshot_20161111-220751.thumb.png.2dcc54df9f268d9e91da48c878fd3481.png

Is there any kind of law for how close you can bring a boat to the property? They don't own the lake...

As long as I'm able to see the boat on the webcam and post it here you should be good.

First Post TPR

In the US and Candad private boats may not cross with 100 feet of privately beach if it has a marina and said marina is closed. However this does apply to commercial boats, specifically ferries, tours, and cruises.

Is there any kind of law for how close you can bring a boat to the property? They don't own the lake...

Personally I think if someone, who takes as much time as Tony to interact with enthusiasts and work with groups for special events, makes it clear pictures for now are not ok then maybe the response shouldn't be how to try and circumvent their wishes.

Edited by Garet

I fail to see how this will not open for 2017.

They're being hush hush. Progress is moving forward immensely. They're upset at people getting photos and blowing it up.

With the minimal amount of RMC projects announced for 2017 I am guessing Cedar Point is going to go full blown with RMC and most of their workers will be at this location, and this thing will be announced shortly, and this project will be done in an insane amount of time.

I am happy to hear there may be a couple whoopdee dips for the pre-lift however *ducks*

Most small boats are pulled out of the lake in the winter. Unless someone on this site owns a container ship I don't think this is viable.

Also this...

Personally I think if someone, who takes as much time as Tony to interact with enthusiasts and work with groups for special events, makes it clear pictures for now are not ok then maybe the response shouldn't be how to try and circumvent their wizhes

As of right now, rumor has it that IAAPA is where the announcement will be made official, which would be very cool, but I'm thinking if that doesn't end up being the case, isn't the Santa Hustle coming up? As well as the Ride Warrior Club holiday get together? I'm sure they could easily route the Hustle away from that area but I feel like it would be strange of them to invite a large group of enthusiasts to the park who all know about this rumored RMC, and still not have anything Announced. Basically, I'm thinking if it's not IAAPA, maybe it will be before/during the RWC holiday get together. (Hopefully they don't wait until the chill out... )