TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

We just stayed at the Motel 6 on Rye Beach Rd, and the accommodations were great for the price. For about 83 bucks a night we got a room with a center island that had a fridge , microwave , and small sink. We had a one bed so the other half of the room had a couch. The hotel had a indoor pool and hot tub. It was about a 5 minute drive from the park and they were pet friendly with no extra charge which helped us out a lot. Couldn't recomended enough.

Well, I know where I'll be staying next time I get to Sandusky! Thank you for this info! This just made a potential trip to the Point a lot more feasible!

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

I feel bad because this is all I post about lately but no... if a park has the ability to open and there's demand and they choose to stay closed then they're dumb. Period. Be creative and figure it ou

So basically there were about as many rides open as there would be in peak season with 15 mph winds.

Posted Images

Yea there's two in the area so make sure it's the Rye Beach one because I can't say how the other one is. Motel 6's quality seems to vary greatly from place to place. We stayed in one in Pigeon Forge , we had one of the worst experiences ever and checked out 2 hours after checking in.The one near CP wasn't the ritz but it definitely was better than some of the hole in the wall places near CP we have stayed at before. It was clean and close. The only complaint I had was the pillows sucked, so bring your own pillows

I can't say how the other one is.

I can. It's mediocre. I'd stay there again, it actually has interior hallways (that's when I know I'm at a fancy joint) and the rooms are okay. I have no complaints but it's really a no frills place. I've stayed at worse Motel 6's but I've stayed at better ones too.

It's always cool when you find a cheap ass hotel brand with a location that's way nicer than the rest of them. I need to try this Rye Beach location. By the sounds of it it reminds me of our secret ridiculously nice Super 8 near Knoebels with brand new rooms, bed runners (ooh ahhh) and huge all granite bathrooms. Every time I go there I ask them why the hell they're still a Super 8 and they always say that just about everyone asks them the same question.

Well, I know where I'll be staying next time I get to Sandusky! Thank you for this info! This just made a potential trip to the Point a lot more feasible!

I quickly glanced at this post directly below the post for the Pet Check and had to do a double take before realizing you were quoting a different post!

Devins3 thank you so much for the pictures and details of CP's Pet Check! I really appreciate it!! My currently shepherd is extremely friendly and loves other dogs, however has not been in a kennel setup quite like that before. Do they require anything special to have your dog stay there such as proof of vaccinations or spay/neuter? How much did it cost per day for your dog to stay there and were the hours the same as the park?

I quickly glanced at this post directly below the post for the Pet Check and had to do a double take before realizing you were quoting a different post!

What's wrong with trying to save a little money?

Devins3 thank you so much for the pictures and details of CP's Pet Check! I really appreciate it!! My currently shepherd is extremely friendly and loves other dogs, however has not been in a kennel setup quite like that before. Do they require anything special to have your dog stay there such as proof of vaccinations or spay/neuter? How much did it cost per day for your dog to stay there and were the hours the same as the park?

No problem. They did not require any proof of vaccines, There was just a question on the sheet asking if they have been vaccinated or not. Due to this I was happy he had the kennel cough vaccine, never know what's going to be there.

It was 15 dollars per day. They open an hour before the park opens, and you have until an hour after the park closes to pick them up. Gave us enough time to ride MF a few times at the end of the day and still have enough time. The pet check is pretty close to the marina entrance so we used that to go in and out of the park.

Overall I was pretty happy with the experience. It's just one of those things you can't quite tell how your dog is going to be until you do it. Like I said it was terrible the first day hearing him crying as we were leaving. He did get used to it though and it made the second day a lot less stressful for us, the second day we left one of my hoodies that I had been wearing in the kennel with him, not sure if it helped or he was just more used to the surroundings.

It sure did beat trying to find overnight boarding at home and being nervous the whole time we were away, and if anything happened we would have to drive all the way home.

I have been played for a fool then.

If they were to announce something any time in the recent future, when would that likely be?

We have no idea. Cedar Point likes to announce things on random weekdays on Youtube, but they usually give you an announcement of the announcement. And to answer your next question, no... I don't have any idea of when the likely announcement of the announcement would be either.

I have been played for a fool then.

If they were to announce something any time in the recent future, when would that likely be?

Well, if it isn't for 2017, that means it is for 2018, which means....maybe next July or August?

Nobody said anything about them announcing anything today. Enthusiasts just think that because they're impatient and have now repeated it so much that it's being treated as fact.

Because it was stated that future plans would be "announced after Mean Streak closes on September 16." Enough people were creative enough to attach the date to "announcement" instead of "closing" and put us in this cycle of misinformation.

No problem. They did not require any proof of vaccines, There was just a question on the sheet asking if they have been vaccinated or not. Due to this I was happy he had the kennel cough vaccine, never know what's going to be there. It was 15 dollars per day. They open an hour before the park opens, and you have until an hour after the park closes to pick them up. Gave us enough time to ride MF a few times at the end of the day and still have enough time. The pet check is pretty close to the marina entrance so we used that to go in and out of the park.

Overall I was pretty happy with the experience. It's just one of those things you can't quite tell how your dog is going to be until you do it. Like I said it was terrible the first day hearing him crying as we were leaving. He did get used to it though and it made the second day a lot less stressful for us, the second day we left one of my hoodies that I had been wearing in the kennel with him, not sure if it helped or he was just more used to the surroundings. It sure did beat trying to find overnight boarding at home and being nervous the whole time we were away, and if anything happened we would have to drive all the way home.

Gotcha. The hours the pet check is open are pretty spectacular, I gotta say! My dog would most likely throw a fit when I left but he would settle down in a short while. I have the turn and walk away down pat. Great idea to leave a hoodie with your dog on the second day. Would I be allowed to bring in a kong filled with PB and kibble for him to keep busy with do you think? He's quite a handful (he's a working bred dog, after all) so the kong helps. I love that nobody would be handling him whatsoever. His commands aren't in English and I don't allow anyone not familiar with working dogs to handle him as in one blink with anyone else and he'd be off, probably diving into Lake Erie haha. The closest kennels I trust to watch him are between 80-90 minutes away each direction and frankly I'd much rather have him with me as much as possible as he's a well seasoned traveler. Thanks again for all your info - super helpful and I'm sure others will see this as well!

ETA: Are you allowed to drop by and take your dog out for a potty and walk during the day? Or do they prefer you not stop by?

Here is an interesting quote from the Cedar Point Spokesman Tony Clark.

“Everyone has been asking what we’re gonna do with the wood,” says park spokesperson Tony Clark. “We’re taking it down. We’re not gonna really give it to anybody. We’re not going to sell it. We’re not gonna auction it. It’s gotta go. If that changes and we want to build some special chairs or furniture and sell it in the park, we’ll let people know, but I don’t think there’s big plans for that wood.”

www.wkyc.com/features/what-will-happen-to-all-that-mean-streak-wood-at-cedar-point/315488209

Not sure if I would take that at face value. But it makes it sound like the ride is getting torn down. But then the rest of the article is speculation about what is going to be happening which includes the possibility of the ride being modified by RMC.

I don't think they have an answer because an answer would give hint to the future of the development.

The wording says after the ride has closed. When did it say immediately afterward? Next summer would be after the ride has closed. I'll keep an eye open tonight, but it might not happen tonight, or even this year.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember the source, but I do remember analyzing the exact statement. See if you can spot the difference between what was said, and what many people seem to have heard:

"[Plans for the future of Frontier Town] will be announced after the closing of Mean Streak on September 16th."

vs

"[Plans for the future of Frontier Town] will be announced, after the closing of Mean Streak, on September 16th."