TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Granted the inversions on RMC are not gimmicks in the sense as there are only there for the sack of it, but they do provide amazing feelings (although I've mixed feelings after riding Wildfire, but I won't base off my whole opinion on my only two runs). I was refering to gimmicks as opposed to the more traditional and proved elements. One one hand: a simple, large ejector hill ; on the other hand: pops of off-axis under flip side steps lateral airtime (yeah I came up with that one). Both can be really cool, it's just that the airtime hill is great and we know it, while the second is either a hit or miss, and sometimes more wacky looking than fun to ride.

As for Top Thrill Dragster, I'd qualify it as a one-trick pony, without any negativity. It's just a fact, it's very short. Then again, skydiving can also be described as "just a jump".

My liver hates you.

Also,

Granted the inversions on RMC are not gimmicks in the sense as there are only there for the sack of it...

Anyone know where I can get sack of RMC inversions?? I'd love to have some on hand.... You know, just incase I'm feeling the need for a gimmick.

This ride is clearly going to be insane, but I'm willing to bet that there's a very real chance that plenty of people will still prefer the Intamin intensity fest located right next to it. Given the sky-high expectations for the ride and how easy it will be to compare it to Maverick since most people will ride them back-to-back I'm sure there will be plenty of enthusiasts complaining about how over-hyped it was and how that's somehow the park's fault (blaming the prolonged "teasing" by the PR team, or long timeline or some stupid crap like that) even though they're doing everything possible to say absolutely nothing about the conversion and the hype train is being driven entirely by enthusiasts.

This ride is clearly going to be insane, but I'm willing to bet that there's a very real chance that plenty of people will still prefer the Intamin intensity fest located right next to it. Given the sky-high expectations for the ride and how easy it will be to compare it to Maverick since most people will ride them back-to-back I'm sure there will be plenty of enthusiasts complaining about how over-hyped it was and how that's somehow the park's fault (blaming the prolonged "teasing" by the PR team, or long timeline or some stupid crap like that) even though they're doing everything possible to say absolutely nothing about the conversion and the hype train is being driven entirely by enthusiasts.

Stop being a voice of reason. That doesn't belong here.

So far no RMC has topped Maverick, Fury, Skyrush, or El Toro in my book. Could change, but it's pretty bold to declare NMS to be the best in the world with only one visible element thus far

And look at the people that have lost their shit over the one element... It's a "Hollywood Marriage" scenario with Cedar Fair and RMC working together...

That doesn't always result in a Fairy Tale ending...

So far no RMC has topped Maverick, Fury, Skyrush, or El Toro in my book.

Outlaw Run definitely sits among those three Intamins for pacing/intensity/airtime. I also like Medusa Steel more than Fury (but not the others) -- But you are right that no other RMC I've ridden exceeds the coasters you mentioned. Granted, I do think Lightning Rod could top them all!

I do think it's ridiculous for people to start claiming "best RMC" after seeing exactly one element...

I've only ridden Wicked Cyclone and I love it but I absolutely prefer the coasters you mentioned (aside from Skyrush). Maybe next month we'll finally be able to compare them to Lightning Rod (attempt #2) but I won't be very confident in that ride actually functioning properly until we're sitting on the ride and have successfully cleared the first hill.

Edited by coasterbill

Wow guys it is definitely the off season.

That joke is still really funny... The only thing worse than offseason discussion is people complaining about offseason discussion.

(And then people (like me, right now) complaining about those complainers)

Oh I'm sorry should I post about boats? Cause THAT'S funny. Besides, who said I was even trying to be funny? Since when did Robb make you a moderator? This is two threads in 5 minutes of you coming at me. If you have a problem don't hold back bud. You'll feel a lot better when you let the hate out of your heart.

For those of you who went to Chill out, from what you saw of the construction on the coaster formerly known as Mean Streak, what would you say are the odds of it opening with the park for the season? This is just me getting an idea of how far along it is and to add fuel to the "when will it open" debate.

For those of you who went to Chill out, from what you saw of the construction on the coaster formerly known as Mean Streak, what would you say are the odds of it opening with the park for the season? This is just me getting an idea of how far along it is and to add fuel to the "when will it open" debate.

Unfortunately, the construction pace has slowed since October. The one element that we've seen pictures of is the only part with track (other than the pre-lift). That means probably only 5-10% of the layout has track/ledgers. I'd imagine the odds of it opening in May are very slim to none. Some people (including Screamscape) are clinging onto the idea of a late-season opening, but I wouldn't get your hopes up...

Oh I'm sorry should I post about boats? Cause THAT'S funny. Besides, who said I was even trying to be funny? Since when did Robb make you a moderator? This is two threads in 5 minutes of you coming at me. If you have a problem don't hold back bud. You'll feel a lot better when you let the hate out of your heart.

That joke is still really funny... The only thing worse than offseason discussion is people complaining about offseason discussion.

Thank God the off-season is getting close to ending.

images-20.jpg.4b3aa082697f2c3f659db64ab1bd5e13.jpg

So far no RMC has topped Maverick, Fury, Skyrush, or El Toro in my book. Could change, but it's pretty bold to declare NMS to be the best in the world with only one visible element thus far

I'd gladly take Outlaw Run over Maverick and/or El Toro any day.

Saying that New Mean Streak has the possibility of becoming the best roller coaster in the world isn't a huge stretch. RMC builds mind blowing coasters. Cedar Point builds amazing, record breaking coasters. But the hehe would companies together and your bound to have an amazing coaster.

Also, I'm not the first person that has mentioned that NMS might become the best new ride in the world.

Reading more and more of this is making me more and more hyped! Sigh...I wish I didn't live so far away from Cedar Point..Im just glad my home park at least has an RMC even if its really short. (I sometimes wish my home park had a Giga as well but thats just wishful thinking especially since no Six Flags parks have gigas yet)

For the love of God, don't set him off. Last time he threw a fit he had the entire thread come to a screeching halt over my innocent joke about Chinese food.