TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^In 2012, they did that once with Mantis on a Friday night. Dragster had zero chance of opening so they all went to mantis. However, back then, a lot of the Friday night employees were experienced leads, and therefore, could be easily and quickly trained, even if it's just in a simple entrance or fast lane host position. Plus, a lot of them had actually been at mantis before so it was pretty easy. However, times have changed. New policies and procedures have added up over the years and it's probably just not possible to send a crew to a different location and rearrange the staffing of the entire park because of it.

I absolutely agree with you that they should rearrange as such and open a ride capable of running. I wish it was possible to do so. I'm especially biased towards Rougarou too. Haha.

EDIT: it's also entirely possible that they expect the winds to die down. CP would open a ride if they could, even if it's only an hour before park close.

Edited by smartestcoasterkidever!

Thanks for the info, I'm glad that idea wasn't too stupid . For the record I still think those rides may open tonight (Gatekeeper is actually testing) but I know quite often there are nights when it's clearly not possible, and in the case of a ride like Magnum it seems like it would be a much better use of time to have them run Rougarou all night instead of waiting to operate a ride that probably won't even fill trains if it does open and might be able to run for like 1-2 hours tops.

I wouldn't think that Rougarou and Raptor/Gatekeeper would be that different to operate, all being B&M coasters. I'm probably wrong, but it seems like it would be easy to train people to be able to run all the B&Ms (same with all the Arrows or all the Intamins). Or do these rides have major differences that one wouldn't expect? I guess I would expect major differences in the four Intamin coasters since they are such different ride experiences, but the B&Ms and Arrows are all pretty similar to the others except for how the seats are arranged.

If you look at the track closely, it appears the paint isn't stripped off where the wheels will be running like all the other I-Box conversions for this year were.

Noticed that too. However, I'm pretty sure those are just leaves that have fallen onto the track and have gotten stuck to it due to all the rain.

If you look at the track closely, it appears the paint isn't stripped off where the wheels will be running like all the other I-Box conversions for this year were.

If that track is just for the pre lift, the coefficient of friction doesn't really matter for such a short amount of track to the lift. I'm sure once we see track post lift hill, the removed strip will be present.

If that track is just for the pre lift, the coefficient of friction doesn't really matter for such a short amount of track to the lift. I'm sure once we see track post lift hill, the removed strip will be present.

But Joker though

The twisty track at CP has a mildly patchy look to the finish. I wonder if they didn't apply rust inhibitor to the connection points and just let the rest of it develop a surface rust patina. Which would actually be really, really awesome and eliminate the need to strip paint off the tracking surface.

But Joker though

I said such a short pre lift. Compare Joker's pre lift length to MS's.

OMG these wait times are unreal.

Some of the highlights:

Skyhawk: 1 hour

Gemini: 85 Minutes

Power Tower: 1 Hour

Blue Streak: 80 Minutes

Mine Ride: 50 Minutes

Iron Dragon: 50 Minutes

Holy crap. When Gemini has a wait it's time to pack it up and go home. When Gemini has an 85 minute wait you've reached the 7th layer of hell.I know huge lines during Halloweekends aren't news but an 85 minute wait for Gemeni has to be the longest line that ride has had in years.

PS: Valravn, Raptor, Maverick and Gatekeeper are all 2 hours plus.

Love the new track on site! Can't wait for more details

It's so exciting!!!

I love cedar point and I've never been!!!

Here in the UK we have a similar theme park called Alton Towers!

It ok but it always dose it on a small scale!

Cedar point pushes the limits of what these machines can deliver!

Although they could do with a multilaunch coaster but I'm being fussy if I really mean that [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sucks being a roller coaster enthusiast that hates large crowds.

It's awesome being a coaster enthusiast that hates large crowds but avoids them by not going on Saturday's in October without budgeting for fast pass.

Where would the line go for an 85 minute wait on Gemini? I don't remember exactly, but that ride doesn't have much queue, correct? Same for Iron Dragon.

I do believe there is some decent queue space within Gemini's prelift area. It typically seems excessive but during busy saturdays in October it's probably perfect!

Edited by SbSteveZ

Are they only running one side? Then I could understand if the wait was that long. Full queues with both sides operating and a good crew is only about 20-30 minutes. In 2012, we had full queues and a line stretching on the midway to the snoopy bounce and it was about a 45 minute wait. I've also noticed severe over-estimates on queue length this year, at least according to the apps. Unless only the red side is operating, I doubt Gemini had an hour and a half line.