TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ I think they have put together a few pieces before they lift it into place!! I had hope that they would go into place today, but I'm starting to doubt that! They don't even have any of the lift hill supports in place yet which I figure they will place at least one support before lifting track into place.

^ I think they have put together a few pieces before they lift it into place!! I had hope that they would go into place today, but I'm starting to doubt that! They don't even have any of the lift hill supports in place yet which I figure they will place at least one support before lifting track into place.

The span is probably too great between supports to lift on track segment at a time.

Is anyone else a little worried about the vest restraints? I know that GateKeeper's don't lock down and tighten like they used to (Or like on Wild Eagle and X-Flight), but even if they don't tighten I'm still worried that they will be too tight to fully enjoy the airtime. One of my favorite aspects of the airtime on SheiKra and Griffon is that the restraints don't quite touch all of my upper body and I have a lot of room to float around on the drop, I'm more able to come out of my seat. I'm worried that the new restraints won't offer that same freedom.

Alot of activity this morning on the live cam, lift hill pieces are being loaded off trucks and assembled, and support beams for the immelman are sprawled out. I believe the lifthill will start first, but im not sure because of the position of the crane and the readiness of the immelman supports. I see no large supports for a lifthill anywhere.

Alot of activity this morning on the live cam, lift hill pieces are being loaded off trucks and assembled, and support beams for the immelman are sprawled out. I believe the lifthill will start first, but im not sure because of the position of the crane and the readiness of the immelman supports. I see no large supports for a lifthill anywhere.

Looks almost the same as it did yesterday. . . However I'm really hoping to see that lift hill start to go vertical today. But if it doesn't then it's going to be a really long weekend.

Also, how do we know the supports are for the Immelman, and not the lift hill??? (I'm really just asking, not trying to be smart.) Would the lift hill supports not look the same as the Immelman supports??

Sorry for the double post, but looks like I may have been right. Looks like those supports were not for the Immelman after all. But instead they are for the lift hill!!

I still highly doubt that we will see the lift hill go vertical today.

(But then again we might!!)

valravn.png.f4bf667b45220bd79876bc85a1be9291.png

Lift Hill Supports! :)

The lift hill piece will more than likely be going up tomorrow. Support 1 of 3 on the lift hill is completed on the ground and waiting to be lifted, then that piece will go up.

Following that section, we will probably see them place the supports / track for the post-immelman turn, since that area is located nearly directly in front of the crane at the moment.

Who cares about Valravn right now? The big news is that Raptor looks INSANE. If they get rid of those dated, dark orange lights on the course and use bright white lights like Gatekeeper then I'll be so thrilled. I never expected those lift lights but they look amazing. Great job Cedar Point!!!!

I mean... wow!

Looks like Raptor is getting a little more than just paint! And much brighter!

The force awakens! Its like Oprah is screaming "And you get a lightsaber! And you get a lightsaber!" at all the CF parks.

Really tho after the bad press it got this summer and the fact that's it going to be sitting right next to their big shiny new toy next year, it makes a whole lotta sense they are giving Raptor lots of love this off season.

I think GateKeeper was probably the right move, but I would have loved to see that 300 footer Kinzel was going to build in the back of the park.

Raptor looks great, love the lightsaber lights just in time for Star Wars.

Looks like Raptor is getting a little more than just paint! And much brighter!

The force awakens! Its like Oprah is screaming "And you get a lightsaber! And you get a lightsaber!" at all the CF parks.

Really tho after the bad press it got this summer and the fact that's it going to be sitting right next to their big shiny new toy next year, it makes a whole lotta sense they are giving Raptor lots of love this off season.

And Blue Streak got a really nice looking paint job recently too...I think for it's anniversary?