TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I just had to read through like 10 pages, and I had just checked a few hours ago! The next 15 days are going to be agonizing with anticipation. I think a dive machine is a perfect fit to CP's already legendary lineup. The GP will go crazy over it, they love (and are terrified by) the aspect of hanging over the drop, a vertical one at that. This is going to be great, and I'm really glad CP is doing the announcement at night so I don't have to wake up early! (*Cough, Carowinds 2015 *cough)

I'm terrible with remembering these type of things, help me out here?

I just had to read through like 10 pages, and I had just checked a few hours ago! The next 15 days are going to be agonizing with anticipation. I think a dive machine is a perfect fit to CP's already legendary lineup. The GP will go crazy over it, they love (and are terrified by) the aspect of hanging over the drop, a vertical one at that. This is going to be great, and I'm really glad CP is doing the announcement at night so I don't have to wake up early! (*Cough, Carowinds 2015 *cough)

Yeah for you guy's it's the perfect time here in Europe that is equal to 3 A.M. Seems like I have to make it another late one on the 18th. I know myself can't stand to not know it until the next day.

In terms of a giga, I personally consider it unlikely. You need a lot of room for a giga, and while KI has ALOT of unoccupied land, not much of it is level enough for a giga (name one terrain gigacoaster you've ever seen). I'm not saying impossible, I'm just saying a wing coaster is probably next.

Every roller coaster, including clones, are custom built for their customers. If they want a terrain Giga-coaster, they'll get terrain Giga-coaster. There is literally no reason why this couldn't happen.

Why y'all jumping on me? All I said was that, IMHO, I don't see it likely. I would love it, but seeing as the park's last two coasters cost a combined $46 million, I just don't see it.

Coasters cost a lot of money. KI is the second most attended seasonal park in the country only behind Cedar Point (and the two are very close anyway) so I'm sure they pull in a ton of money to go with it. Considering Diamondback's popularity, I would not rule a Giga out for a second.

In terms of a giga, I personally consider it unlikely. You need a lot of room for a giga, and while KI has ALOT of unoccupied land, not much of it is level enough for a giga (name one terrain gigacoaster you've ever seen). I'm not saying impossible, I'm just saying a wing coaster is probably next.

Every roller coaster, including clones, are custom built for their customers. If they want a terrain Giga-coaster, they'll get terrain Giga-coaster. There is literally no reason why this couldn't happen.

Why y'all jumping on me? All I said was that, IMHO, I don't see it likely. I would love it, but seeing as the park's last two coasters cost a combined $46 million, I just don't see it.

Coasters cost a lot of money. KI is the second most attended seasonal park in the country only behind Cedar Point (and the two are very close anyway) so I'm sure they pull in a ton of money to go with it. Considering Diamondback's popularity, I would not rule a Giga out for a second.

There is alot more to profits then guest through a gate. There is hotels (CP), merchandise sold, fast passes, season passes, all season dining, parking, food, games. Profit margins, which CP usually dominates

There is alot more to profits then guest through a gate. There is hotels (CP), merchandise sold, fast passes, season passes, all season dining, parking, food, games. Profit margins, which CP usually dominates

Absolutely those things matter. But getting people through the gate is priority #1. Seeing what kind of rides people ride the most, therefore attracting them to the park, also matters. Hence why I feel a Giga makes sense.

I'm terrible with remembering these type of things, help me out here?

Carowinds' Fury 325 announcement was at like 9 or 10 in the morning so I actually had to wake up in the morning to watch (I'm used to waking up at noon during the summer ). I actually had to set an alarm to get up and I was a bit afraid I would miss it!

Absolutely those things matter. But getting people through the gate is priority #1. Seeing what kind of rides people ride the most, therefore attracting them to the park, also matters. Hence why I feel a Giga makes sense.

Let's look at time, though. Banshee, a $20+ million investment, was added 5 years after Diamondback, a $20+ million investment. If its a giga we're getting, I wouldn't expect it until 2018 or 2019, especially considering the usual price for a giga is around $30 million.

Carowinds' Fury 325 announcement was at like 9 or 10 in the morning so I actually had to wake up in the morning to watch (I'm used to waking up at noon during the summer ). I actually had to set an alarm to get up and I was a bit afraid I would miss it!

My god...the disappointment must have been palpable.

Also, to add to the discussion, my money's on them paving the entire park and starting over as a super sized Dave & Busters.

Edit - "All will become clear in 2016." Boom. Proof. They're clearing the park.

Baron 1898 has the two rows of seven formation, and has an hourly theoretical capacity of 1000. Griffon has the three rows of ten formation, and has a theoretical hourly capacity of 1400.

B&M''s always have high capacity so you shouldn't worry about that at all.

Baron, oblivion (Gardaland) and krake not have carried 1,000 people per hour,

even if the operators caricassero trains at the speed of light

Baron, l'oblio (Gardaland) e krake non hanno effettuato 1.000 persone all'ora,

anche se gli operatori caricassero i treni alla velocità della luce [/ quote] Sì, ma questi sono i treni più piccoli, sono sicuro punto di cedro avrebbe usato il più grande dieci attraverso treni ...

sure sure, I'm sure cedar point will use trains as of griffon, or perhaps even larger

I think a record breaking Dive Coaster (if that's what it is) would be great for the park seeing how there is only two other coasters like this in the US, which are no where near the park. We need more Dive coasters in the US...They're awesome rides. Just a prediction here but I feel Cedar Point gets the giant coaster in 2016 which will be a dive coaster. Kings Dominion will get the giant coaster in 2017 which will be a large launched wing coaster. Who knows about 2018...But I do believe this will be the year Cedar Point gets it's dark ride from Triotech. And if Six Flags puts two RMC's in per year in 2017, 2018, 2019...They'll be done with RMC which will leave Cedar Point clear to have RMC all to themselves in 2020...Which will be Mean Streaks year. I just personally believe Cedar Point has a great plan set for the next five years. 2016 - Coaster / 2017 - Waterpark addition / 2018 - Triotech / 2019 - Flat ride / 2020 - RMC...But that's just my opinion...Doesn't really matter what I think. Just fun to guess.

I would love a Dive Coaster. I thought Griffon was excellent-- loved the look of it, the drop under the bridge was fantastic, as was the inversion and the drop in the ravine. I had low expectations of Dive Coasters, and was really happily surprised by both Griffon and Sheikra.

If CP's Dive Coaster incorporates more elements like Baron and the one in Italy, then we are in for a great treat. The only concern will be capacity ( which I will avoid going into!) if they end up with the smaller trains, which I think they have to in order to be able to do Baron-like maneuvers (don't think the Griffon train can do many maneuvers).... although I am sure CP will figure out a way to get lots of capacity out of it.

Agreeing with everyone who likes dive coasters. Sheikra is a really great ride and Cedar Point will obviously just make one better.

On a side note, I finally got home from my impromptu CP trip Saturday and bought the Nanocoaster from the Pagoda Gift Shop. It looks really great on a desktop! image.thumb.jpeg.9ff9b6e387abf04216102741fb147576.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9ff9b6e387abf04216102741fb147576.jpeg

Im definitely buying Gatekeeper and Dragster!

image.thumb.jpeg.e929286a9dc4fdaa6d4fb98605646df0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1a2e0b57f2a5b8c52c6e1d1fa7b6649c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0a2f714e57268db098d204e75cf5cff4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3c3ba964ac9c2464a9c537a8a89dbfcd.jpeg

Agreeing with everyone who likes dive coasters. Sheikra is a really great ride and Cedar Point will obviously just make one better.

On a side note, I finally got home from my impromptu CP trip Saturday and bought the Nanocoaster from the Pagoda Gift Shop. It looks really great on a desktop! [attachment=0]image.jpeg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]image.jpeg[/attachment]

[attachment=2]image.jpeg[/attachment]

[attachment=3]image.jpeg[/attachment]

[attachment=4]image.jpeg[/attachment]

Im definitely buying Gatekeeper and Dragster!

So, and this is probably a dumbass question, but how much building/assembly goes into it?

I love how suddenly everyone is all "OMG! I can't wait for the Dive Machine at Cedar Point. It is going to be such a great ride. It's going to be such a great fit for the park. I love the colors." When... earlier everyone was "Omg, I can't believe Cedar Point is getting a Dive Machine... Dive Machines suck. They are so boring, so forceless, not record breaking enough. The colors are ugly. It's not going to stand out. " I spent pages trying to convince people that Dive Machines are actually really good coasters, and everyone fought me on it, and now everyone is all for the Dive Machine.