TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^I went for two days and the ticked for both of them included Soak city but I didn't even consider going there. The park itself is just too good.

That is what we have done for years...the combo pass, and don't even take swimsuits with us,,,LOL

We like going to Soak City if we go on a weekend when the park is packed. That is the reason why I like the separate admission for the water park versus it being included with a CP day pass...it usually keeps out the big crowds (unless it's really hot).

The only thing I would like to see them get that they don't already have would be a water coaster or something like Mammoth - although they don't really have the room unless they took something else out...and it better not be the swim-up bar!!

A dive machine will be in the range of twenty five to thirty million. I wouldn't expect that aprge of an investment right after GateKeeper. If we do see a new coaster, expect a Gerstlauer spinning coaster or Mack a Wild Mouse before a great big dive coaster. As far as major coasters go, a Mean Streak redo or replacement could be done for under $15,000,000 I'd imagine.

SheiKra- $13,500,000

Griffon- $15,600,000

Krake- 12,000,000 euros or approximately $16,298,400

If this is the real price, makes you wonder why more parks have not built Dive machines. They really are fun coasters to me. I take a Sheikra over a Gatekeeper any day.

SheiKra- $13,500,000

Griffon- $15,600,000

If this is the real price, makes you wonder why more parks have not built Dive machines. They really are fun coasters to me. I take a Sheikra over a Gatekeeper any day.

Remember, Busch had US exclusivity for when Dive machines were the new thing.

$17,000,000 is still a lot of money.

The general public is usually wowed by more loops and bigger heights.

^^ Krake is more expensive than Griffon and Sheikra?

That dosen't seem right, perhaps some of that money was themeing?

Also remember that a euro is worth about 1.25 american dollars, that the cost of construction is more expensive due to higher wages and government restrictions that we don't have, and the fact that it was built over water (need deeper footers).

A dive machine will be in the range of twenty five to thirty million.

That is not true:

SheiKra- $13,500,000

Griffon- $15,600,000

I stand corrected. I guess I was basing it off other recent B&M projects.

I wasn't trying to be rude or anything, I just thought that your estimates were a little high.

Any construction updates on the new rides?

A dive machine will be in the range of twenty five to thirty million.

That is not true:

SheiKra- $13,500,000

Griffon- $15,600,000

I stand corrected. I guess I was basing it off other recent B&M projects.

I wasn't trying to be rude or anything, I just thought that your estimates were a little high.

Any construction updates on the new rides?

No worries, dude. No hard feelings.

Not sure on the gliders, but a friend at Zamperla told me that both CF Disko's are scheduled for delivery late this month early next.

What if cedar point got a dueling 4d coaster? Two zac spins next to each other with a different layout from Green Lanturn and Insane. Maybe slightly longer and more intense. A dueling zac spin would just increase the capacity for they probably have awful capacity since it is 8 per train. I'm not sure how much one would cost let alone two, but they shouldn't be too pricy for they are small and they would be using the same support structure.

What if cedar point got a dueling 4d coaster? Two zac spins next to each other with a different layout from Green Lanturn and Insane. Maybe slightly longer and more intense. A dueling zac spin would just increase the capacity for they probably have awful capacity since it is 8 per train. I'm not sure how much one would cost let alone two, but they shouldn't be too pricy for they are small and they would be using the same support structure.

How would a coaster that doesn't turn duel?

I think he meant if they were mirror imaged so the same track twice with an exact copy to the side of it, although I think that would only benefit the people watching the ride than riding, since if you have two of them side by side there would be one side of the car for each close together but the outside there wouldn't be anything to see, the outside seats on both of them wouldn't really get to see any of it and even the inside seats you'd just be able to see it out of the corner of your eyes. The only way it would work is if 1 train was dispatched a second or two from an identical track but again it'd only really benefit the people who would have the inside seats of these two coasters

I remember the president of intamin saying, during some IAAPA interview, that they could feature turns and twists.

The only thing I would like to see them get that they don't already have would be a water coaster or something like Mammoth - although they don't really have the room unless they took something else out...and it better not be the swim-up bar!!

I completely agree. Compared to other waterparks, Soak City just feels so dated. The only slides that were added in the last 15 years were a mat racer and a water play structure. A water coaster (or two!) or a Proslide Tornado would really be welcomed to the park.

And I wouldn't worry about the swim-up bar. I have a feeling that it's a huge cash cow for the water park.

Maybe they should just shut down Wildwater Kingdom and move Liquid Lightning (Proslide Tornado) and Thunder Falls (Whitewater tube/body slide complex) to CP. It seems they don't have any desire to add anything there.

That makes no sense. Wildwater Kingdom is getting six new slides next year.

Maybe they should just shut down Wildwater Kingdom and move Liquid Lightning (Proslide Tornado) and Thunder Falls (Whitewater tube/body slide complex) to CP. It seems they don't have any desire to add anything there.

That makes no sense. Wildwater Kingdom is getting six new slides next year.

Perhaps you are thinking about another Wildwater Kingdom and not the former Geauga Lake? After the second year of the restructuring of the park, Cedar Fair has added nothing (except maybe some Cabana Rentals).

Edited by raptor6