TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I ended up getting a season pass for 2013, and with my work schedule, I have off Mondays.

I plan on going at least 3 Mondays of the month, if not all of the Mondays (and a few other days too!)

Only downside, I don't have anyone to go with for most of these days. If anyone wants to hit cp up as much as possible, hit me,up! If you're in the area of Cleveland/west of Cleveland,,I wouldn't mind carpooling as well. I have a parking pass thing as well with my pass.

cheers,

garb.

you can always pm me, or email for a quicker response - ohnoesitsmeh@hotmail.com

please excuse the spelling or grammar, I'm on my phone and don't care enough to go back

I'm sorry Raptor, you're no longer the most beautiful part of the front of the park.

50 bucks says it will still be the best though. That's not a knock on Gatekeeper, just me praising Raptor. I can't believe I'm saying this about a coaster at Cedar Point but I think Raptor is very underrated by the enthusiast community.

^ Really? I've always thought Raptor to be OVER rated, but that's probably because for quite a long time, I had Montu a short 45 minute ride from home... I don't DISLIKE Raptor, but I never understood all the love for it. I think that there are better inverts around. But again, we all know what opinions are like...

-=CoasterBP

I love Raptor in the front row. I haven't been on TopGun (Carowinds) since 2004, but I rode it 10 times and thought it was better than Raptor. Batmans are great too, I've been on lots of them.

Raptor, Top Gun, Great White, Goliath (SFFT), Batman (SFGAm), Batman (SFOT)

I'm sorry Raptor, you're no longer the most beautiful part of the front of the park.

50 bucks says it will still be the best though. That's not a knock on Gatekeeper...

This is the truth, and I think Raptor is more or less middle of the pack when it comes to B&M Inverted Coasters- so I guess it's a knock against either Gatekeeper or Wing Coasters in general. They're visually impressive though, so front of the park placement is not a bad idea.

Has anyone here ridden Raptor in the back seat? I think it's even better than the front.

The back right seat is the best seat on Raptor, heck on most B&M inverts period. Afterburn is also awesome when sitting in the back right seat.

As for that view of Gatekeeper that is going to be one sweet backdrop to the Wicked Twister midway. The ride is looking great from all angles.

I have been riding Raptor and Monster.

The last one totally blew me away. But that is probably because of the other park rides that are a letdown compared to Cedar Point ones.

The missing block section part made an huge impact for the rest of the ride. It was pulling so many G`s in the second half, nothing that remembered me to Raptor. But still both good rides. I hope to be riding Gatekeeper next year.

Has anyone here ridden Raptor in the back seat? I think it's even better than the front.

I think B&M Inverted Coasters are actually better back seat rides. I'll queue for the front once every so often just for a change of pace, but the forces feel greater in the back.

50 bucks says it will still be the best though. That's not a knock on Gatekeeper, just me praising Raptor. I can't believe I'm saying this about a coaster at Cedar Point but I think Raptor is very underrated by the enthusiast community.

Couldn't agree more. It's my favorite steel coaster period.

Raptor? My most recent verdict was "very good, but not ultra-memorable." It's my fourth favorite coaster at Cedar Point, decidedly trailing Maverick, TTD, and Millennium Force. It's my sixth favorite invert of the twelve I rank, behind Batman, Montu, Flight Deck, Alpengeist, and Talon. Also, I just checked, and it's hanging in there as my #50 steel.

Raptor was actually my favorite steel coaster for about ten years until 2012. I completely get why some don't like it as much as B&M's later inverts, but for me it's always been the closest thing so far to a perfect inverted coaster. Only demerits I have for it are the total lack of effort whatsoever to landscape it even slightly and two spots of headbanging in the cobra roll and final turn into the brakes.

I've always kind of enjoyed having such an underappreciated coaster as one of my favorites.

^It's not what the layout offers on paper, but how it all comes together in terms of forces and pacing. Every element packs a punch in some way or another, something that cannot be said for most B&Ms, and the sequence of inversions and drops/turns hits all the highs and lows at just the right moment for me. Raptor also has a few big moments to look forward to after the MCBR, again unlike some of its cousins.

Raptor has always been good but not great (it always seems to shuffle and second half is slow IMO).

However on the TPR trip this summer the Raptor clone in France made me realize how great Raptor could be - smooth and no brakes made for an intense ride all the way through. I know most of us walked away thinking "way better than Raptor" and it's a clone.