TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

This should be a perfect fit for this park - I'm all down for parks of this size adding these. As far as I know, there have been no troubles on Superman at SFDK yet and I hope these continue to be reliable rides years down the road since so many parks are investing in them!

As much as I'd prefer something bigger (especially a similar, slightly bigger and better version of Lightning Run!) at Michigan's Adventure, I'd be pretty happy with one of these clones there as well! Haven't ridden any of them yet, but they do look pretty fun.

Chance burned there bridge with CF

I haven't rode a ride like this yet however I was in the "aww really Busch Gardens" camp until one of my friends told that these rides actually really pack a punch. Congrats to them for adding a new proven roller coaster that will thrill guest. I hear that zero G roll is really nice.

Wow, these are popping up everywhere. Can't complain though, I rather have this than a boomerang!

Those who prefer boomerangs can walk across the park and keep the line short for me. Or they can drive 45 minutes to Six Flags New England where they have 2 boomerangs!

While a standard model, this is an excellent addition to the park. I rode Superman at SFDK last summer and it was my favorite ride in the park. The ride is non-stop intensity from start to finish with powerful launches and major air-time. The ride also has a really small footprint and will be very marketable (first launched coaster in New England).

Wow, these are popping up everywhere. Can't complain though, I rather have this than a boomerang!

Those who prefer boomerangs can walk across the park and keep the line short for me. Or they can drive 45 minutes to Six Flags New England where they have 2 boomerangs!

While a standard model, this is an excellent addition to the park. I rode Superman at SFDK last summer and it was my favorite ride in the park. The ride is non-stop intensity from start to finish with powerful launches and major air-time. The ride also has a really small footprint and will be very marketable (first launched coaster in New England).

THIS! Seriously, I've been riding Superman since the day it opened and it still remains one of my favorite coasters! They fit an action packed ride into a very small space and it's just a barrel of laughs the whole way through. Anyone on here who is mad about this addition has either never ridden one or is just upset that it's not a 500ft tall RMC 4D Aquatrax with fire and fog. This will make a wonderful new addition to what looks to be an already wonderful park.

This ride is really going to change the skyline of the park, its going to be awesome. And you should be able to see this thing driving on the road off of 84 along with Downtime and Sky Coaster. I think this is a great fit for the park. Still sad about Enterprise though, maybe they could get a new model version down the road.

I rode my first Premier 2nd gen launch Friday night, and i really hate the small fit. Those trains are cramped, and I have very long legs. Otherwise, it (Tempesto) is probably ond of my favorite rides. In the back car, the airtime on the second drop gives continuous ejector time until you hit the valley of the non-inverting loop (when incredible +g's are then found). If I had to chose a least-favorite moment, it would be the heartline roll - its the only break I got from the extreme forces!

So I think Premier will win every time another on of these is built.

Great addition! just not so thrilled about the location they chose for it.

Agreed, great addition but I would really have to see it to believe it.

From the description, this is around DownTime, the most congested area of the park, and will dwarf the center of the park (Wildcat & Giant Wheel). Putting this down towards the end of the tram right alongside the lake, near Thunder Rapids, would have been perfect (or in place of Saw Mill Plunge). Not sure why put in such a congested area of the park (it also never made much since why Thunder Rapids is alone by the SkyRide). The area around DownTime is already really congested.

As most lovers of Lake Compounce would say, anything they could do to spread out the attractions of the park while still maintaining the charm, is best. I trust that Lake Compounce has thought this through though, perhaps even contemplated theming and/or enclosing the majority of the base of the ride.

From the description, this is around DownTime, the most congested area of the park, and will dwarf the center of the park (Wildcat & Giant Wheel). Putting this down towards the end of the tram right alongside the lake, near Thunder Rapids, would have been perfect (or in place of Saw Mill Plunge). Not sure why put in such a congested area of the park (it also never made much since why Thunder Rapids is alone by the SkyRide). The area around DownTime is already really congested.

As most lovers of Lake Compounce would say, anything they could do to spread out the attractions of the park while still maintaining the charm, is best. I trust that Lake Compounce has thought this through though, perhaps even contemplated theming and/or enclosing the majority of the base of the ride.

Here's a photo of where the coaster will go courtesy of 'koasterkid' from the SFNE fourms:

19735206085_d0ba3f0c90_o.png

Sadly it will be replacing Enterprise.

Edited by Paul9251

This is a great addition to LC, easily one of my favorite small parks even before this addition. I went for the first time in 2013 and found it very family friendly while still offering plenty of thrills. Also felt the prices of everything were good and the ease of walking around the park make it a winner. Boulder Dash is easily my #1Wooden Coaster.

I feel the location would have been better along the lake or down near Thunder Rapids but with limited space already I can see why they did what they felt was best for its location. Now if they just add maybe one more family coaster to really round them out, seems like three of the five once phobia opens are more geared to the older thrill seeking set, even Wildcat is a little rough for younger kids. Still a great addition for a great park.

• 2 weeks later...

We planned on going to the park today, however Boulder Dash is down for the next few days due to a lightning strike. Thankfully, it was posted to their website and Facebook page, which saved the drive and arrival disappointment.

Also missed out on BD today... thinking of going on Friday the 14th, assuming BD is back up will it most likely be running two trains or only one? I know the park can be stingy with that second train so if it's just going to be the one I'd probably postpone my trip until Saturday.