TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

A great fit for the park and a solid ride. I still like Sky Rocket at Kennywood and the spaghetti bowls better but it doesn't mean that these are any less fun. Tempesto was great and the "comfort collar" actually does make the ride more comfortable when being whipped over the top. Sky Scream was somewhat uncomfortable in comparison without the collar.

I remember the BGW comments worried about capacity but they really are able to pump people through at a good clip so these are just as great for larger parks along with parks the size as LC.

Looking forward to riding this along with Boulder Dash.

This will be a great addition for the park definitely. Do we know if this is getting a double station or 3 car trains? Or if its just the standard verision.

Someone has a problem reading, don't they?

and BGW guests really like Tempesto.

Of course they do! Because it's a really fun ride and should be at more parks! And all BGW has done is proven how wrong obnoxious coaster dorks can be. And this makes me happy!

The main complaint with Tempesto beside the ride itself was the theming/placement. I can vouch by saying the coaster fits very snug within the parks lineup as well as fitting in aesthetically.

Of course they do! Because it's a really fun ride and should be at more parks! And all BGW has done is proven how wrong obnoxious coaster dorks can be. And this makes me happy!

The main complaint with Tempesto beside the ride itself was the theming/placement. I can vouch by saying the coaster fits very snug within the parks lineup as well as fitting in aesthetically.

I think it looks good where it is, too. Festa Italia needed something to liven it up a bit, and Tempesto fills the bill.

So is the enterprise done now and we won't see it pop up in a few a seasons in a different location?

It's been reported by an announcment attendee that Kennywood is getting the Enterprise as a source for spare parts.

I bet that "obnoxious coaster dorks" will be autocorrected to "certifiedcoastergeek" from now on in this forum . I never said that I hated Sky Rocket IIs, they're tons of fun, but if I were given the choice between riding a ride which I've ridden before and a unique ride (like Boulder Dash), then I'm going to ride Boulder Dash.

Still a great addition. that heartline tho...

Looks like a perfectly decent addition, and I'm not sure how much more they could do considering their space limitations. But considering Knoebels can afford a steel coaster with an original layout, and I'm a *little* disappointed the same isn't true for Lake Compounce. Just a little. Still looks like a very worthwhile addition.

This is a perfect addition to LC! Ever since getting on Tempesto at BGW, I must say this is really a great ride, the capacity isn't there, but that's why it's perfect for a park like LC!!!

Definitely making a trip next summer again, it's a great park!

Looks like a perfectly decent addition, and I'm not sure how much more they could do considering their space limitations. But considering Knoebels can afford a steel coaster with an original layout, and I'm a *little* disappointed the same isn't true for Lake Compounce. Just a little. Still looks like a very worthwhile addition.

Adding another large coaster will probably mean a lot of work on the mountain side, quite a pricy endeavor, not to mention the red tape involved in removing so many trees.

I guess this is where the Orange Track down in the yard at Intermountain Lift is going.

Yup. And the "it's going to China" part wasn't inaccurate either, I was told.

It appeared as though a segment was full throttleish. I don't have a zoom lens on my phone.

The Bright Blue Track that was in the yard a year ago still hasn't popped up, but the Green Track for Zombie Ride did.

Well one and all, there will finally be a launched coaster in New England! It will be a Superman First Flight clone. It was just announced by Lake Compounce via Youtube video. It is called Phobia Phear Coaster.

First one in 15 years!

Aaaaaaand another Superman. Of course, I'm not complaining, since New England tends to be a little starved for good thrill rides. I wouldn't expect Lake Compounce to put in something like this, either.

And a clone is somewhat fitting, since they already have a Boomerang.

Well one and all, there will finally be a launched coaster in New England! It will be a Superman First Flight clone. It was just announced by Lake Compounce via Youtube video. It is called Phobia Phear Coaster.

You're a few pages late to the party, pal.

This should be a perfect fit for this park - I'm all down for parks of this size adding these. As far as I know, there have been no troubles on Superman at SFDK yet and I hope these continue to be reliable rides years down the road since so many parks are investing in them!

As much as I'd prefer something bigger (especially a similar, slightly bigger and better version of Lightning Run!) at Michigan's Adventure, I'd be pretty happy with one of these clones there as well! Haven't ridden any of them yet, but they do look pretty fun.