TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst/Longest/Slowest Line you ever waited in!

Pirates of the Carribean. 3 hours, got on ride, and it breaks down next to banjo player at top of ride (it was years ago), another 40 minutes! Disneyland pre-fast pass was all about 2 hr. lines when I went there for the first time.

Longest recent line, X for 3 hours opening weekend.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst Wait: Flight of Fear at KI in '96 (or '97)... Not only was it a very long line, but I had to stand next to this kid who was rubbing on, biting, and playing with this balloon. It was downright effing annoying, and after about an hour, I gave up, with 2 hours left. I think I ended up getting back in line, being able to eventually ride on the second attempt.

Second place might go to waiting over an hour to do Batwing at SFA in 2004, only for it to break down when I made it to the loading platform. Fortunately, this past July 31, I'm able to get on one of the first trains of the day on this coaster.

Longest Wait: Up to four hours for Top Thrill Dragster on opening day 2003. Hey, it was the first day, and got to see the trains with all their theming in action, albeit shorter than they are now.

X at SFMM- waited 3 hours in line in almost 100 degree heat. After one hour they added a second train to the track "Which will help the line move faster" except that it took almost 45 minutes to get the second train on the track and running. The stupid pop machine in the line at two dollars of my money, so it cost me like 5 bucks to buy something to drink while in line. However, this was my first time on the ride, so there was no way I was getting out of the queue. I've been on it since a couple more times, but there is no way I'd wait more than say an hour for it.

• 6 months later...

Heres the 2 worst experiences I've had.

-Waiting for Superman at Six Flags New England for 2 hour on a super hot day which was bad enough, but the best part was when it broke down when we were 3 trains away. It was down for about 45 minutes, so we just waited, but still it was really bad.

I was lucky though, in the way that it could have been alot longer.

-Queueing for the Comet at Hersheypark for 2 hours because my brother wanted to wait, on a day where Great Bear and Storm Runner were both around an hour, Lightning Racer, Sidewinder, Wildcat, Trailblazer & Wild Mouse were all 20 minutes or less, and SDL was a walk-on. Comet was running one train though, with all the switchbacks filled along with 2 overflow.

I have no idea at all as to how the Comet gets such a huge line, and it never seems to gets smaller. I mean its a good ride but theres alot better coasters at Hersheypark IMO.Anyone got any ideas about that? I'd really like to know.

Two for me...

1. My family got FastPasses for Test Track, and so we thought it wouldn't take that long to get on. Wrong. It took about 2 1/2 hours to get on IN the FastPass line. Not worth it.

2. Last year, I went to SFOG and got in line for Superman Ultimate Flight. It took 2 hours, and I had a heat stroke because it was so hot. I didn't feel right for the rest of the day.

^^^4 almost 5 HOURS?!

That's ridiculous! How does a line even get that long?!! From what people have said, X sounds like a nightmare to queue for. I can't even imagine what it will be like when X2 debuts! The longest I've ever waited was 1 hour for Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris and I wouldn't wait any longer for anything!

My worst was a little over 2 hours for Maverick 2 weeks after it opened, when it broke down twice. But, that wait was for front row, and we got in line AS the park closed, so all the wait was basically after hours anyway.

If I had the choice to do it over again, I wouldn't. I'd wait 2 hrs for BACK row instead!

Worst line/crowd day was SFMM back in 1989. The New Kids on the Block were all the rage, and they were playing at SFMM on the day I went with my friend. Unfortunately, we didn't see the sign advertising them until after we had bought our tickets. We walked through the entrance of the park to immediately find a number of lines beginning right at the entrance. Upon asking, we found that these were the beginnings of lines for rides. Colossus, for example, started there. If you've ever been to the Mountain, you will understand just how horrible that is. Lines around the park were between 2-5 hours. The shortest line I waited in was 1.5 hours for FOOD

Worst day at a theme park ever!!! Luckily, that is the only such day I have ever had at that park. But, man, that day was traumatic. Soooo many people...

-Doug

My worst wait was 2 hours for X in the summer of 2006. I got into the station in 30 minutes, and the funny thing is, that the ride didn't break down once. I waited an hour and a half in the station because of VERY poor operations.

My limit for a ride is 2 hours. If the wait is longer than that, than I'm not waiting. I go to parks only in May and June anyway, so I usually never have that problem.

3+ hours for Splash Mountain and Back to the Future in the Summer of 96. After my 8th grade graduation a friend and I stayed with my grandparents for 2 weeks in July. My Grandfather would drop us off and pick us back up, he was so smart. Splash Mountain's line started near Pirates, no BS

In recent memory, it would be waiting for Tatsu at Magic Mountain. It was a crowded Saturday. Tatsu had mechanical problems or something and went down for a period of 20 minutes, then it's test cycles. We decided to wait for it as it was the end of the day and we still hadn't had a ride. Our complete wait ended up being something like 3 hours.

But god, oh god, the wait was worth that first experience dive bombing into Tatsu's pretzel loop.

Thankfully this was also our first day of our week in California so we were able to return a couple more times and wait a VERY acceptable 30 to 45 minutes for our subsequent rides.

I waited in a longest line for 2 hour and half to the Spash Mountain at Disneyland but there are no fast pass booth for Splash Mountain.

I use the bathroom and I don't need to stay in longest line and I ran into bathroom. I don't want to go on a long line anymore.

I walk to the Main St. USA to get a disabilites ticket for fast pass for the Handicapped, Senior, or Deaf Person can pass to the ride without longest line. I show the white ticket to employee or ride operate then yes I can pass fast line to ride.

I used to let my two friends with me to went on a fast pass to the Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, Autopia or Pirate's of the Caribbean but we don't need a fast pass booth but I have the white fast pass ticket from Main St. USA and I can told my friends to keep mouth shut up and show my fast pass ticket to employee about we are deaf. Employee say ok that we can go ahead to fast pass. Pretend of my friends but they are not deaf and only was me yes. I teach to them a sign language that I glad my friends can learn sign language very well.

If who want a fast pass with me?

-Learn the sign language.

-Keep the mouth shut up and no talking when employee can near us and or they can hear from us.

-Show my disabilited tickets and let my friends can come with me.

-Enjoy to ride with me.

-Lets have fun.