TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Every time I see new pictures of Twisted Colossus I get more excited for this coaster. While it may not be the best RMC, it will almost certainly be the best thrill ride on the West Coast. I'm thinking I should try to make a trip to the park before spring break to get my pass processed and see the ride in person, as last time I visited they had just finished the first drop.

^^TC will no doubt have its moment of fame, but I anticipate that crowds will be running back to X2 within a few years. I also think that this would be a good thing, because I will still be running to TC. I am certain that it will be their best ride, and I also doubt that they will build anything better than it in the next 10 years.I would love to be marathoning this thing while all the GP are over at X2 and YOLO.

^ I'm right there with the rest of you. Hopefully this ride is easy to load and the crew there stays efficient. I could see myself marathoning this ride a good number of times. Half the rides at SFMM I skip simply because the lines are too long.

^ I'm right there with the rest of you. Hopefully this ride is easy to load and the crew there stays efficient. I could see myself marathoning this ride a good number of times. Half the rides at SFMM I skip simply because the lines are too long.

Along with the crew, hope that the guests don't try to bring every possible loose item with them and ignore the announcements.

"Yes really, your glasses too. No, you can't just hold them in your hand."

Along with the crew, hope that the guests don't try to bring every possible loose item with them and ignore the announcements.

"Yes really, your glasses too. No, you can't just hold them in your hand."

Quotes from a KBF RO. I know all too well.

Great photos, thank you for the update! The High Five looks really tight in the pictures, much better than in the animation Scream's color looks much better than before. With all the new things coming up, Road Runner Express repaint and the wood that looks like they are going on Apocalypse, I have high hope about SFMM this year.

Great photos, thank you for the update! The High Five looks really tight in the pictures, much better than in the animation Scream's color looks much better than before. With all the new things coming up, Road Runner Express repaint and the wood that looks like they are going on Apocalypse, I have high hope about SFMM this year.

Agreed. 2015 will definitely be a good year for them.

Although I wasn't really expecting it, I'm a little bummed SFMM didn't take this opportunity to add something (ANYTHING) underneath Scream. I would have almost rather have it not be painted and have something under it instead. But the paint job looks great nonetheless.

Although I wasn't really expecting it, I'm a little bummed SFMM didn't take this opportunity to add something (ANYTHING) underneath Scream. I would have almost rather have it not be painted and have something under it instead. But the paint job looks great nonetheless.

If it makes you feel any better, there is a backstage access road that traverses the ground underneath Scream. I had the chance to drive it many times in my years there. It used to connect to other access roads in/around Colossus and Hurricane Harbor. TC's construction probably has eliminated the use of those roads for the time being though.

Has anyone in this thread even mentioned that Twisted Colossus is probably still going to have the same parking stripes underneath it that has been there since the 70's? At least be consistent in the complaining about SFMM!

Scream would still be a mediocre B&M regardless of whether or not it looked nice on the ground underneath. Personally, I think the only really tacky part is they didn't even bother to pave over the parking lot when they created the exit path for the ride. You can still still the parking stripe underneath the old photo booth. That's bad because it's a guest area. Who cares about an area of the ride none of us will ever walk?

Edited by Jew

If Scream were to be installed at this point in time, do you guys think the Parking lot would have been removed or paved over or do you think SFMM would have done the same thing they did when they originally installed Scream? I'm just curious as to your thoughts....

Or they could paint the asphalt/concrete as well.

Some examples from F1 circuits that used a funky design to brighten up the run-off areas:

20592365.thumb.jpg.0dccb8e9594996875ae65617aadc1b2e.jpg

Texas

Tech-3-COTA.thumb.jpg.99097a68caa667f332fa70617bdddf1d.jpg

Texas

Fast-sweepers-at-the-Circuit-of-the-Americas-Inaugural-F1-USGP.thumb.jpg.be6a19a13d8b302c0b8727dec062baa5.jpg

Texas

bic_track_painting.thumb.jpg.253dba47da69e26ea099099e65b3afd9.jpg

Bahrain

bic_track_race.thumb.jpg.596532dc94eb809cec519c098ece6c71.jpg

Bahrain

chiffres-cles_04.thumb.jpg.2bf19256889eb4690045f58e93ee004b.jpg

Paul Ricard, France

IMG_2779-web.thumb.jpg.e305543b7e9262c0e89a1fceea1e2253.jpg

Singapore

If Scream were to be installed at this point in time, do you guys think the Parking lot would have been removed or paved over or do you think SFMM would have done the same thing they did when they originally installed Scream? I'm just curious as to your thoughts....

The chain seems even lazier now than they did back then, so I would expect them to do the same thing.

I mean...

I wonder what the cost would be of ripping out the parking lot and just laying down a layer of dirt. My guess the the price would be staggering.

That would be insanely difficult, as you'd have to be careful of all the footers. Would have been a lot easier upon initial installation, and would look significantly better in my opinion. Anything looks better than parking lot. Sigh, all we can do is dream.