TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

That's with Superman not running at full capacity though... Which is not its full capability... Yolo at its full capability will be worst (especially if you anticipate stacking... Superman can't stack).

?

That's with Superman not running at full capacity though... Which is not its full capability... Yolo at its full capability will be worst (especially if you anticipate stacking... Superman can't stack).

I guess this will give you plenty of time to gulp down your coke freestyle drink in line while you eat your "Yolo"Wings and your "Cray Cray" Burgers, and Sweet Brown "Ain't nobody got time fo' dat" fries.

I'm speaking in terms of daily operations. Since Full__Throttle is new, for at least the summer, the crew will most likely be at the top of their game to accommodate crowds.

Edited by SoCalCoasters

I would think you only need 2 trains. When one finishes, the other will probably just be ready to leave the station since its a shorter ride. If there were 3 you would probably be just sitting there waiting on the brake run. I would think their plan is to consistently have a train coming and going out of the station. But then again, its SFMM, and hey, Yolo

What's more concerning me in this ideo is the curve at the top of the snake dive. It seems way to small for the manufacturer to allow trains to be flying through it at a high speed to make it reach the loop and roll back to it, It create forces exceeding 5g's.

You honestly don't think they don't know exactly what forces this ride is going to pull?

Premier has no idea what they're are doing. He and ^ have valid points.........

You're still missing the point...A few posts back someone said the reverse launch would be better if it launched you all the way back to the loop and then came back and relaunched you over the top hat. The person you quoted said that the dive loop looks too small to launch a train at the speed required to get it back to the loop in reverse without pulling crazy g's, and he's right. The current dive loop as it stands is designed to withstand the accelerations that the ride is currently designed for. If you increase the speed of the launch in reverse, then the dynamics that the ride was designed for are no longer valid and you're going to see higher than normal g-forces. No one is saying that the dive loop is too small or doubting Premier's knowledge on g-forces...

The fact that this park only has 2 operable trains for the majority its coasters is absurd. It's just plain asinine. I guess its SOP now for them to just use prayer as a means of maintenance during peak season to ensure both trains are available thru the Summer months...

Are you implying that they would care enough to pray? Cause I'm not sure I buy that. On some rides It seems they are perfectly happy running one train even if it results in unnecessarily long lines

It's Magic Mountain ... they always find a way to stack a 2 train operation. Flash Pass doesn't help.

MM is the only park I've seen stack a ONE train operation, because they just werent paying attention and the riders sat in the car outside the station waiting for the op to finish her conversation with a coworker. Sadly I've seen one train "stacking" on more than one ride at MM. (Apocalypse, Goldrusher, and Riddler)

On the other hand they did recently get a second train back in operation on Riddler's which is the best news I've heard in a long time..I love that coaster and hate that loud dirty mess of a que so much.. I will be very relieved to see the average que go from 60 to 30.

Edited by singemfrc

Didn't everyone say Ultimate Skyloop would have terrible capacity too?

Even with three trains, you would still have to account for spacing, so one train would have to clear the top hat before you dispatch the next one, so one train would sit in the station and the other would sit on the brake run (like what a few people said). Not sure how that affects capacity.

The ride isn't very long either and it uses lapbars (like Ultimate Skyloop), so if operations are good, capacity shouldn't be that big of an issue.

- Then again this is Magic Mountain. YOLO!

- The hot wings look really good though.

YOLO, so spend a lot of that time queued up for YOLOcoaster because it has terrible capacity!

Compared to Green Lantern and Superman w one side running, Full_Throttle will probably have better capacity.

I think you are all forgetting, this is SFMM. Just because YOLO will have 2 trains doesn't mean they will both be in use at the same time. Remember, they will always have one train in maintenance. So each train will rotate every 6 months. Hey, their hands are tied

Not the train argument again.

It's funny, some track goes up and people are saying it looks awesome. Then that dies down a little and the 2 train arguing is back.

It will have 2 trains, it will never have more. How long it will actually run two trains is only known by the park.

What's more concerning me in this ideo is the curve at the top of the snake dive. It seems way to small for the manufacturer to allow trains to be flying through it at a high speed to make it reach the loop and roll back to it, It create forces exceeding 5g's.

You honestly don't think they don't know exactly what forces this ride is going to pull?

I meant if they made it launch backwards past the snake dive and back into the big loop! Sorry should've made that more clear!

Even if it had 3 trains, SFMM would still somehow make Full Throttle have low capacity.

For SFMM regulars (like me), just use your Gold Pass or Discover Card to get in early entry and then get a few rides on Full Throttle before the masses come. Easy way to resolve Full Throttle's "capacity problem" for locals.

Even if it had 3 trains, SFMM would still somehow make YOLOcoaster have low capacity.

For SFMM regulars (like me), just use your Gold Pass or Discover Card to get in early entry and then get a few rides on YOLOcoaster before the masses come. Easy way to resolve YOLOcoaster's "capacity problem" for locals.

I had already planned on doing something like this so for me there are no capacity issues to worry about. Ride it once or twice then move on.

The discussion was never (or shouldn't have been) about how many trains they will run. That answer is clear; no more than 2 (which makes sense for this ride). But I cannot fathom the rational behind building a multi-million dollar ride and not buying a third train when you KNOW for. a. fact. from past experience (RRv, Apocalypse) that you should have three at your disposal if you're marketing yourself as a world class roller coaster destination. Screw the damn buses - buy a few new roller coaster trains for your rides and I'd bet 3/4 of your complaints from park goers vanish overnight! (not to mention taking a lot of stress off you're maintenance and operations crews)

I guess this will give you plenty of time to gulp down your coke freestyle drink in line while you eat your "Yolo"Wings and your "Cray Cray" Burgers, and Sweet Brown "Ain't nobody got time fo' dat" fries.

I'm speaking in terms of daily operations. Since YOLOcoaster is new, for at least the summer, the crew will most likely be at the top of their game to accommodate crowds.

Thank you for alerting me to another version to add to the word filter!