Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 671: Disney buys nearby Carousel Inn for $32 million
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
In the event of a water landing...who are we kidding, you're screwed!

Postby Flight Attendant » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:15 pm

Kinda curious.... how did they get those aerial shots of the accident. Isn't DLR a "No Fly Zone"?
"...and you'll want to stow away cameras, purses, hats, and of course...these little
beauties!"

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:29 pm

There are a couple of paragraphs written into "Roller Coasters, Flumes, and Flying Saucers" about how the Matterhorn nose and tail were disposable by design because of the constant bumping.

People have gone soft

// my neck hurts
Ted

Fire Alarm Boy!

Postby arrowfanman » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:34 pm

Well, the matterhorn actually has a full blown retractable bumper now...lol...the first time I saw it, I was like "WTF!", and then "Woah! Kick A$$!"

Banned

Postby maliboomer » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:52 pm

Flight Attendant wrote:Kinda curious.... how did they get those aerial shots of the accident. Isn't DLR a "No Fly Zone"?

Maybe they climbed Supreme Scream with a 500x zoom.

Telling it like how it is

Postby Mr.Six » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:07 am

News cameras from helicopters can get a pretty nice zoom from far away. Those shots could have come from thousands of feet away.

Michael"Trust me"Thomas

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby moinab » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:26 am

In a related story, personal injury attorneys are now swarming DLR, handing out pamphlets on soft tissue injuries. :roll:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:24 am

benzo41190 wrote:Well doesnt that ride have 5 trains? So it seems like it is pretty likely to happen.

That statement makes no sense at all. A Wild Mouse can run like 10 trains so does that mean they should be crashing into each other all the time? So are you trying to claim that rides with more than 2 or 3 trains are less safe?

So before people go trying to group this into an Intamin problem, try to make some kind of statements without any facts, maybe we should all wait for some official news before making statements that don't offer anything to anyone regarding the accident.

--Robb "Otherwise we're not better than the lousy press blowing things out of proportion." Alvey

Coaster Berry

Postby coasters 4 me » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:35 am

I was reading an earlier post, and what happened to TOT? I heard rumors when on holiday that someone died on TOT, is this what happened?

Disney seem to be having alot of accidents lately.

¡Vamos a Seis Banderas!

Postby pvcoasterguy » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:47 am

While it seems like Disney has been having quite a few accidents lately, look at the types of ones that have been happening. Most of them are very isolated (effect one person) and not the ride's fault. (That goes for the Mission: Space and ToT.) This accident is a more major one; thank god that no one is hurt too badly.

It will probably take a while to reopen the ride, given the California court ruling regarding 'common carriers.'

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coaster1 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:54 am

The question is how did the train that hit leave and enter the next block with the other train on the first set of brakes, that shouldn't happen.

INTAMIN wouldn't be to blame as they do not program the PLC, which is responsible for the blocking system. Therefore Allen-Bradley or whoever made the PLC, would be at fault for PLC failure if this is the case since they are the responsible parties .. well them and Disney, since Disney's ET's are responsible for PLC maintenance as well.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!