TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

p. 61: Jewels of the Sea Jellyfish Experience coming in 2024!

If they get the kinks worked out I can picture them being fun rides.

What are you referencing?

Probably the terrible reviews from the ride at SFDK!

"Shaky"

"Slow"

"No interaction with the other side"

"Rough"

"Uninteresting"

And the fact that Harley Quinn still hasn't "opened." The commercial shoot and media day was cancelled again last I heard. (Although I know it soft-opened for a few days)

If they get the kinks worked out I can picture them being fun rides.

What are you referencing?

Probably the terrible reviews from the ride at SFDK!

"Shaky"

"Slow"

"No interaction with the other side"

"Rough"

"Uninteresting"

Oh! I haven't followed that thread in a bit. Thats unfortunate.

• 2 months later...

Looks like we have the world's second Skywarp coming to SWSD!

https://seaworld.com/san-diego/rides/tidal-twister/

tidal-twister-2c-10042018_1900x825.ashx?version=1_201810094209

Get Ready to Ride the Tide!

Coming in May 2019- Feel the thrill of this unique dueling roller coaster ride featuring high-speed turns and upside-down twists.

Introducing Tidal Twister, an all-new dueling roller coaster, which will make its debut as a new attraction at SeaWorld San Diego in 2019. The first of its kind in the world, this unique ride is an exhilarating experience that demonstrates the power of the ocean.

Accelerating to 30 mph, riders will twist and bank as if they are riding the tide along a tight figure-8 track that includes dynamic Zero-G roll at the center section.

Two trains, holding 16 passengers each, load at opposite ends of the figure-8 and cross in the center with guests facing both forward and backward on the trains. A lower-height requirement (48") makes this a perfect ride for younger guests and families.

#RideTheTide2019

So isn't this the second time in a row they've copied a ride that's already at Discovery Kingdom? Who knew Six Flags would become the innovator in the market that Sea World basically created....

Looks fun though, looking forward to trying this out.

No. This is a different model (the Horizon).

I just hope they get theirs working better than what I've heard at SFDK. I'm not optimistic a different model is going to solve the problems they've had.

Also, unless they are really planning on running it both directions, I hope they do away with the dual facing seats. While it would (hopefully) be fun to go through that backwards, I have my doubts as to that actually happening.

I'm willing to bet what was officially released is more accurate vs what happen to shown before it's time.

I think you’re right unfortunately. Either way a new ride is a new ride, which is always a huge score for SWSD. It will be interesting to see what kind of rides they can add going forward with their very interesting and strict zoning and height restrictions.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see they are investing money in attractions in SeaWorld, but something like this? Ugh.

Rides like this belong with a traveling carnival, not in one of the finer theme parks that's been around for 30+ years.

Plus based off the experiences I've seen and heard with Harley Quinn, the rideability is not that great at all, the systems are clunky and ugly, and the ride is loud as hell. Way louder than they should be for a serene park like SeaWorld. For doing something so basic it sure doesn't seem like these rides know how to do it well. I don't think this is a good installation for Sea World, and I'd rather they had skipped a year in put in something more fitting to the park. This just seems like a crappy quick marketing tool. I can't see it bringing in people to the park that wouldn't have gone there in the first place, I know it won't for me.

Rides like this belong with a traveling carnival, not in one of the finer theme parks that's been around for 30+ years.

Oh, relax, it's a flat ride. Big deal. Not every park has to build their rides portfolio exclusively with roller coasters.

This looks like a lot of fun.

Arguably the single greatest theme park in the entire world has a carbon copy of a portable Pinfari looper in it. It'll be fine.

Any reason the Harley Quinn SkyWarp is on RCDB and this isn't?

I don't know, ask them.

Thanks, SteveUrkle! This thread was way too positive, and we really needed someone to completely overreact to this news. We were dangerouly low on complaints and were teetering on the edge of losing our coaster enthusiast site street cred. Now we're safely within coasterboy parameters.