Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1626 - A look at Winterfest
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Come one. Come all. Ride the roller coaster in my pants.

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby SFOGdude25 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:06 pm

I've had good rides and bad rides on old Vortex, but mostly bad. I forgot how smooth an old Arrow coaster could be until I rode Demon at SFGAm this past summer, which I found pretty enjoyable by comparison.
To me, Vortex is one of Arrow's better designs. It's got a really fun first drop, and the sequence of inversions feels like a good build-up to the end. The problem is it suffers really badly from coat-hanger transitions and gives me a sore neck every time. I wouldn't be opposed to Kings Island removing it.
The ride is a park icon. It's been at the park for over 25 years, so if they do close it soon, it would be a good idea to give it a proper send-off.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:10 pm

I'll eat my words. Kill Mart was good. But Urgent Scare has continued an awful depressing 3 year skid it's the worst haunt at KI. Don't wait for it.
Chi life, live music, coasters, and traveling the world.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby PrismTx » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:11 pm

Vortex is not that bad, it is most certainly nowhere as bad as SoB was in its last years, that thing was a chiropractor's wet dream. And I too feel that it is an iconic attraction of Kings Island and it is not going anywhere for a long time, needs some TLC maybe but thats about it imo.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby partycat » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:22 pm

So we went to the RIP Party for Halloween Haunt and had tons of fun! these are some of the pictures we took:
IMG_1770.jpg
They hand these out when you go to pay for parking…what is this skeleton key you speak of? ;)

IMG_1772.jpg
our map for the night! and a trail to the FOOD!

IMG_1775.jpg
I'm assuming the regular ones just don't have the sticker we got

IMG_1776.jpg
all the mazes… the ones with the key next to it have a special room in the beginning.

IMG_1778.jpg
This is the skeleton key! It's REALLY cool! it was actually pretty heavy (It glows in the dark too!)

IMG_1783.JPG
It wouldn't be Halloween Haunt without the awesome backdrop! Theres also a guy that stands up there and makes fun of you as you walk by too!

IMG_1786.JPG
I guess Don had too much Skyline Chili… (at least he died happy)

IMG_1787.JPG
mmmm pumpkin!

IMG_1788.JPG
This was new, sort of similar to what Cedar Point does (I can't remember the name of theirs)

IMG_1789.JPG
I *love* being in the park when there is almost no one there!

IMG_1791.JPG
One of the new mazes! KillMART. I love all the detail they put into this!

IMG_1799.JPG
the queue is lined with shopping carts! (so many cool details!)

IMG_1805.JPG
mmm time for food!

IMG_1809.JPG
I love how they dress up T-rex every year! (he can't unwrap the candy cause he has little arms…ha!)

IMG_1813.JPG
Ahh! blood in the fountain?!!?! oh wait thats punch...

IMG_1819.JPG
Dinner with a view!

IMG_1828.JPG
hope there's no scare actors behind the food! :o

IMG_1829.JPG
the fog was in full force!

IMG_1831.jpg
The signs were new! and they were everywhere:)

IMG_1832.jpg
eye see you….

IMG_1837.JPG
LOTS of security and way more scare actors at the gate than last year!

IMG_1842.jpg
aww what a cute bunny :)

IMG_1844.jpg
AHH NO GET AWAY!!!

IMG_1846.jpg
This actor was new and one of my favorites! (thats a real snake…in case you can't tell).
She really doesn't have to do anything if you are afraid of snakes!
She's part of Madame Fatale's House of Wax (which is in the old building that held The Crypt)

IMG_1849.jpg
These guys were in front of the theatre (oh no he's got Travis's head!)

IMG_1854.JPG
This area needed no further theming! :D

IMG_1858.JPG
They had a new show in the Festhaus called "Ghouls Gone Wild" I preferred it to the old show they had (I think it was called Graveyard Shift) this show had our favorite singer in it, his name is Jeremy and he is always in a show every time they change shows (he's Frankenstein)

IMG_1862.JPG
They got rid of Hot Blooded which was sad, I loved that show. This show was fairly close to the one at Cedar Point, but on a much smaller stage (which made it way more impressive!)

IMG_1864.JPG
See! I told you the key glows in the dark!

IMG_1847.JPG
Crypt... I mean Madame Fatale's House of Wax is just like the movie House of Wax. We had done it before, but they added a skeleton key room to this one.Madame Fatale comes to get you and then you go to a room with the snake lady from earlier, then the lights turn off and strobe lights come on and snakes lower onto your head.
This room would be really scary if you have a fear of snakes, you have to walk past the snake lady as you leave the room as well.

IMG_1866.JPG
Every maze had these lights, the spider is for the fast lane line and the skull and crossbones is for the regular line

IMG_1869.JPG
We had been in this maze last year but decided to try out the secret room. Urgent Scare won the award for most disturbing when it came to the secret skeleton key rooms...

IMG_1889.JPG
When you walk into this room, it immediately smells terrible and the walls look like they are smeared with poop. I still can NOT get the disturbing image of this half naked man out of my mind. He offers you to eat bugs for the "cure", but no one said yes, so he makes you dig in a thing of guacamole (his poop) to find the key. Also he makes the monkey dance if you stare at it too much

IMG_1873.JPG
Walking inside of Madame Fatale's House of Wax is really cool cause a lot of the stuff from Crypt is still there, plus when you're in the maze you can see the really tall ceiling :) this was also the waiting area for Crypt as well!

IMG_1877.JPG
Delta Delta Die wins the best skeleton key room. When you are taken in, it is literally hell. There are two sorority sisters and a round table in the middle of the room with blindfolds. They made us put them on and made me take a "shot" which was a really thick medicine-like liquid which I assume was supposed to be blood. Then when I took the blindfold, Travis was gone and they said I "better go find him before its too late" so I had to go through part of the maze alone till I found him (which he tried to scare me). The rest of the maze was really well themed! I definitely don't want to join that sorority!

IMG_1872.jpg
The new signs look so cool at night!

IMG_1880.JPG
KillMART had an skeleton key room, most of the extra rooms you had to find a key to get out. The extra room in this one, you had to stick your arm in a thing a cold spaghetti with fake bugs to find a key. The whole theme of the maze was pretty cool! A lot of the props looked like they came straight out of a store :)

IMG_1884.JPG
Slaughter House was moved to a brand new building this year, previously it was near Invertigo. This secret room was my least favorite, and the maze was my least favorite. The room was just basically another scare room. there was no "challenge" and the whole maze people blow on your neck for some reason. The props were really cool thought and I loved the theming!

IMG_1879.JPG
Board to Death was really cool! we had seen it last year but never tried it, basically it was a bunch of board games made giant and scary. Some of my favorites were mouse trap (with mouse scare actors), operation, and monopoly!

Overall we had a great time! They make Halloween Haunt cooler and cooler every year and I love all the details that are put into it and I love how much fog they use! We definitely will be back!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby sfkk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:52 pm

^ Nice report! Did you say they lower real live snakes on to your head! In the dark!?

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby marth555 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:02 pm

So which house did you chose for the revist, and if it was a skeleton key house did you go through the bonus room again?

Postby partycat » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:39 pm

sfkk wrote:^ Nice report! Did you say they lower real live snakes on to your head! In the dark!?

Lol no! I wish! I like snakes:3 they were just fake ones.

Postby partycat » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:44 pm

marth555 wrote:So which house did you chose for the revist, and if it was a skeleton key house did you go through the bonus room again?

We didn't do a revisit, we have been in all of the mazes multiple times last year, but I wish I would have made Travis do the shot and me go hide for delta delta die! That stuff was gross xD we only visited the ones we hadn't done and the ones that had extra rooms:)

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:54 am

Vonni wrote:^ Vortex really is not that bad.

It must have messed up your memory really bad. :(
Wood-29
Steel- 74
Total- 103

Maveshark Team Leader and awesome dude!

Postby coasterkyle » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:07 am

I don't find Vortex as horrible as most enthusiast do. It's an Arrow so I expect to go through a few awkward transitions and have some slight head banging. Same with wooden coasters I expect it to be bumpy. I also don't get the people complaining about the so called B&M rattle. It's like people expect to ride on air suspension and want it to be silky smooth. Now don't get me wrong there are some really rough coasters out there ( SLC's, SOB, etc... ). Sorry, I went off on a tangent; I just see newer and newer generations becoming pansies when it comes to riding coasters.
Credits - 144 Favorites 1.Skyrush 2.Maverick 3. Phoenix

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!