Phantasialand Discussion Thread

P. 252 - Launched Flying Coaster announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Coaster Berry

Postby coasters 4 me » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:00 pm

^^Yeah. I didnt really notice it, but they are pretty far apart!

I wonder if it is going to be a Forceful B&M or a Forceless one.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Sebbe » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:03 pm

USCoaster wrote:So is Phantasialand close to any of the World Cup venues? Not that I would have a choice as to which I get tickets to. I guess I should start paying more attention to the later rounds of tickets so I have a reason to go to Germany next year.

Yes, its very near to the World Cup Stadium in Cologne, and the Schalke Arena in Gelsenkirchen isn't so far away from the park.

Sebbe

El Toro totally owns the Voyage!

Postby coasterguy618 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:07 pm

Wow the themeing looks amazing!! You'll see me in Germany next year! It kind of looks like a nemesis. Do you think the layout will be like Nemesis?

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:28 pm

Man that lift hill track looks super elongated...
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Denny Crane!

Postby USCoaster » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:38 pm

Sebbe wrote:Yes, its very near to the World Cup Stadium in Cologne, and the Schalke Arena in Gelsenkirchen isn't so far away from the park.

Sebbe

After looking at the pics on the World Cup site, I want to see both stadiums, but the Schalke Arena is slightly higher on the list because of the movable field. I saw pics of it in an architecture magazine and I think that it is such a cool idea. (Of course if I don't actually see the field move, then maybe its not such a bid deal)

The truth is no words

Postby robbeal » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:16 am

Why couldn't they start construction a month earlier, then I could've seen track and stuff, not just holes when I was there!

I does look like it'll be a great ride, especially after looking at the concept art. With Phantasialand's theming being to a very high standard generally, I think we can expect good things for the Mamba. Only problem is the Phantasialand's queues are usually a bit on the big side too, and with River Quest hitting 1 hour on a normal wednesday in July this summer, I can see the queues being massive through a lot of the season.

I panic at the quiet times, fate leads me to much more...

2012+Mayan=BS!

Postby Chris Benvenuto » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:25 am

Beefy B&M, wow, it seems i'll to ride this when it's done, Forceless or if it has forces.

Chris

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Sebbe » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:50 am

USCoaster wrote:After looking at the pics on the World Cup site, I want to see both stadiums, but the Schalke Arena is slightly higher on the list because of the movable field. I saw pics of it in an architecture magazine and I think that it is such a cool idea. (Of course if I don't actually see the field move, then maybe its not such a bid deal)

If you want to see a great stadium you had to go to the Westfalenstadion in Dortmund. ;)

Sebbe

Denny Crane!

Postby USCoaster » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:54 am

^ But its field doesn't move!!! :wink: Actually that picture looks cool. I love checking out the architecture of stadiums. I was really impressed with the atmosphere Parc de Princes in Paris gave to the game when I saw PSG play there. The huge concrete shell/roofs over the stands kept most of the sound in the stadium making it much louder. And making the Auxerre fans even cooler for singing the whole time.

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:00 pm

8)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!