TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Yeah that's definitely the old spot of the Tea Cups. Coasterbill noticed a few pages back that the Tea Cups were left of the Holiday in the Park ride list, so it was largely suspected this is where Harley Quinn would go.

I just hope the Tea Cups will still be at the park next year in another spot since those things spin like crazy.

The antique cars are directly behind Buzzsaw, so I don't quite think they could fit the ride there.

I still support adding a ride inside Superman's turnaround, but don't see that happening. Maybe the plot to the left of Mind Eraser could fit the Tea Cups? I know that's near a hill though and I forget how quickly the hill starts.

Satellite.thumb.JPG.01dfa2b1dd82fef2ae6569451da552de.JPG

^ They're completely different rides. The Huss ones focus on spinning while these ones are all about the swinging and airtime.

The ride's name is perfect considering the ride's location next to Joker. The ride's placement is amazing and the ride is going to look absolutely massive walking towards the South End. Kennywood's version was down for all my visit this year and the one in Texas went down before I boarded, so I hope I just got extremely unlucky there and that this will have good uptime because Riddler Revenge was one of the best of the genre when I finally was able to get on it (I still prefer MaXair but this is very close).

This is where you and I disagree. I 've ridden maXair at CP on several occasions and I much prefer RR. The seating is much less cumbersome and restrictive on RR. I also get much better air on RR, I'm not a big fan of spinning as I tend to get sick.

I agree the giant discovery restraints are better and less restrictive than MaXair. The 4 max swings on Riddler Revenge have slightly better air than any of the MaXair swings; however, those are the only swings with air. MaXair had far more swings with air, which is why I prefer it.

I agree the giant discovery restraints are better and less restrictive than MaXair. The 4 max swings on Riddler Revenge have slightly better air than any of the MaXair swings; however, those are the only swings with air. MaXair had far more swings with air, which is why I prefer it.

So if I got this right, tl;dr Giant Discoveries accelerate too slowly, Giant Frisbees accelerate well but don't have as good air?

At least based on my experience, the Giant Discoveries take a while to get going but their max swings beat the Huss Giant Frisbees, so yes. The non-full swings on the Huss ones give air while they don't on the Zamperla one.

We're talking the difference of a 9/10 kind of ride vs. a 10/10 kind of ride.

I really can't spin all that much, so Tomahawk is a bit difficult for me. This seems to fix that problem, and the height and speed of this massive contraption will definitely make me buy a season pass!! So glad a local park is getting one of these, they seem so fun and exhilarating!

I personally love the theme, and I think it's MUCH better than Wonder Woman.

The rumor that's out there is that Buzzsaw is getting removed and the Teacups are going in that spot. The south end is going to look incredible with this addition.

This is what I've been told also, unfortunately from a few sources that are generally very reliable. I hate the idea of them removing Buzzsaw, that thing is great.

I stopped by the park today to validate my 2018 season passes and get some rides in since I figured the park would be dead. I was correct on the latter as I have never seen the park this empty before.

Unfortunately the lack of crowds was to my detriment today. We arrived at 2:45 since we saw the forecast had the rain stopping around 4-5. We figured the park would close early around 7 or 8. The park did close early, but earlier than I expected at 4.

I don't fault the park for closing early but I wish they made the announcement they were closing at 4 sooner than 3:45. We were over by Wicked Cyclone when we heard that so we had to run across the park to get on Superman. Otherwise we would have missed it today and that would have been a bummer having driven 2 hours.

Everything was running 1 train, but we got on Wicked Cyclone twice, Superman twice, and Pandemonium once since nothing had a line. The crew at Wicked Cyclone's crew was painfully slow and spent more time socializing than checking restraints. Superman's crew hauled trains out so fast we were able to fit 2 rides in.

Afterwards we stopped at Nicky's Pizza down the road. I have to stop there after every visit. For $15 we got 2 orders of fries, 2 jumbo slices of pizza, and a gyro. And it was all good too!

IMG_20170903_151012.thumb.jpg.62453d60a115ac919dd43068095c60e0.jpg

Goliath was of course closed.

IMG_20170903_151648.thumb.jpg.aae5c7486b129c6e8720b5240310301c.jpg

We got a ride across from 2 small kids. We spun like crazy.

IMG_20170903_152556.thumb.jpg.6066b6ce1ebf0744bd756455c9e37568.jpg

We rode Wicked Cyclone in a cyclone.

IMG_20170903_152917.thumb.jpg.676a27b732cd1ffaacd45733ef979561.jpg

Lines were like this for the hour we were there.

IMG_20170903_165441.thumb.jpg.5e8cd43ef22a64a089914e9bc29f59b9.jpg

Nicky's Pizza afterwards.