Coney Island (Luna Park) Development Discussion Thread

P. 144: Help name the 2020 attractions
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Coney Island (Luna Park) Development Discussion Thread

Postby RayReyes » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:18 am

I'm pretty sure eveyrone has seen the new racetrack and mini golf course that's been placed near the scream zone right?

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:21 pm

RayReyes wrote:I'm pretty sure eveyrone has seen the new racetrack and mini golf course that's been placed near the scream zone right?

Extremely unlikely.

http://gothamist.com/2016/08/25/coney_island_mini_golf.php#photo-1

Check Out Coney Island's New Mini-Golf Course
by David Colon in Arts & Entertainment Aug 25, 2016 10:15 am (David Colon/Gothamist)

If you're looking for a fun kid-friendly activity, or you're a particularly devoted Happy Gilmore cosplayer, it's a pretty good time to be alive in New York City. Two new mini-golf courses have popped up this summer, including the bells and whistles pirate golf course Shipwrecked in Red Hook, and now Brooklyn Miniature Golf, a simpler, no-frills 18 hole course that has opened in Coney Island.

The course, which is located on Bowery Street and West 12th Street, opened up just over a week ago according to an employee there. While Brooklyn Miniature Golf lacks the flair (and air conditioning) of Red Hook's new course, it makes up for it with the atmosphere, surrounded by the Wonder Wheel, a variety of Luna Park rides, and skee-ball wonderland/Fsociety HQ Eldorado Arcade.

The holes themselves are deceptively hard—or at least they were for me. They're laid out simply, but a few obstacles placed in key spots along the way will have you chewing on your putter in frustration as you continuously tell yourself, "Okay I've got a hole in one on this one, easy," and wind up with a 3 or 4. And the holes themselves seem to be curved just enough on the edges so that every time you think you've sunk a putt, the ball will rim right out.

At the same time, it could just be that I need to put more time in with Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge if I want to get better at this.

There are also two holes with water traps: one with a small narrow bridge over a river, and the other with a downward-sloping green that will deposit the balls of the careless putters among you right into a small pond. The course was still too new for the pond to have transformed into a golf ball graveyard, but the designers are aware that the slope will claim a number of balls soon enough, and have helpfully left a net out for you right next to the pond so you can fish your ball out. In another nice touch, every hole holds a flag you can pull out after being the first to finish, just like a real golfer (that's what they do, right?).

Brooklyn Miniature Golf opens at noon every day, and currently has no set closing time according to the employee I spoke to. A game will run you $10, for children or adults, and I was told that in "about two weeks" construction on a concession stand next to the course will be finished. There's also a go-kart track right next to the mini-golf, which will run you $15 a session, if you think there are already not enough opportunities to drive fast with no consequences in this city.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:43 pm

The "green bridge" over the little creek looks great for a challenge! :)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby RayReyes » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:48 am

Some pictures of the new raceway in coney
20160902_203621.jpg
Vroom Vroom
20160902_203639.jpg
Something new?
20160902_203714.jpg
Games!
20160902_203828.jpg
And they're off!
20160902_203934.jpg
*Horse noises*

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:39 pm

I was planning on going to Luna Park this coming Saturday, but then I checked the forecast and saw that it's supposed to rain all day. Does anyone here know Luna Park's or Deno's rain policy?
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:53 am

It's pay per ride so they don't give a single sh*t about anything but making money. We rode all of their coasters in a thunderstorm a few weeks ago. All of them.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:52 am

coasterbill wrote:It's pay per ride so they don't give a single sh*t about anything but making money. We rode all of their coasters in a thunderstorm a few weeks ago. All of them.

A Volare in a thunderstorm? You really must have a death wish bro.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:18 am

coasterbill wrote:It's pay per ride so they don't give a single sh*t about anything but making money. We rode all of their coasters in a thunderstorm a few weeks ago. All of them.

QFT. I live 15 minutes away and only go once or twice a year because how expensive it is.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:20 am

boldikus wrote:

A Volare in a thunderstorm? You really must have a death wish bro.

Every time I saw another turn coming up I was sort of hoping we would be hit by lightning and killed instantly before we had to go through it. :lol:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Satans Hockey » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:20 am

Jcoaster wrote:

QFT. I live 15 minutes away and only go once or twice a year because how expensive it is.

This is the main reason I don't go, hate driving to Brooklyn and I find it is too expensive for what it is, I'd rather just go to great adventure. I'll get on the cyclone eventually. I need to pay more attention to the group on deals.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!