Cruising with Theme Park Review - Feb 2011

Royal Carribean's Allure of the Seas! P. 25 - Final Update!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!

Which Beer Cozie should we buy Piers? (See Page 18)

Option #1
24%
Option #2
76%

Total votes : 127

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Cruising with Theme Park Review - Feb 2011

Postby greatamerica1990sfan » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:34 pm

I have been on 2 Carnival cruises the Ecstacy-Key West/Couzmel Dec 1996 & the Holiday Aug 1998-Catilina/Ensanada. Plus I have been on a real fancy ship the Crystal Harmony out of San Francisco in June 2000 to Alaska. The Crystal Harmony was way too fancy for me. The Ecstacy I didn't have a good time. The Holiday was better-food was great, I won $150 at Bingo, & they showed Titanic when we were waiting to get off the ship(that was before Titanic was released on VHS). They were like don't worry we will be docked when we show Titanic. I don't know if I'll ever go on a cruise again-will probabably never have the money but if I do Robb I'll listen to you & go with Royal Carribbean. Your always right on stuff. I don't drink alchol & the inside of the Allure looks real nice not real flashy colors like Carnival. I don't like Carnival's odd interior designs.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby testtrack321 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:43 pm

It seems like everything is an up-charge! Is there a package where you can get certain things on discount (for example, ice cream, cupcakes, and mexican) instead of dropping 5-10 bucks on every up charge? All the up charges are the only downer to this whole thing.... :(

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:58 pm

I'm sure Robb will respond to this soon, but you don't have to pay for the up-charge events/dining, and you would still have an incredible time. I know Disney also has up-charge items, and I'm sure the other cruise lines do as well. A vast majority of the food/events are included, but soda is rarely included, and alcohol never is included (as far as I know). Plus, the up-charges are usually extremely low, I think the one dinner on the report was $7. For that up-charge it would be like going from an Outback style steakhouse (still a very good place) to a Ruth's Chris. Don't let the up-charges deter you, you would still have an absolutely incredible time, with the best food/shows/games/activities even if you didn't do any up-charge events.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:00 pm

^^ No! That's not right at all. Have you even read this thread? We've covered this already! You can easily go three meals a day, several snacks, get drinks, watch shows, and participate in activities without spending a dime.
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:03 pm.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Vigil » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:09 pm

This is amazing. Just looking at the pictures, I forget that all of this is on a ship. How do the Disney cruises fit into your critique of the cruise ships?

I laughed at the Phantom of the Opera/chandelier picture. My high school is doing Phantom this year and I just finished auditioning for it.

"Gelato isn't vegan?"

Postby ILoveRides » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:36 pm

Thanks for taking the time to get pics of the menus! It's nice to know there are some vegan options that look pretty decent. (And if Johnny Rockets can serve a vegan burger at sea, why can't they at Magic Mountain!?)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:51 pm

That guy straight across from you looks like he wants to kick your ass for taking his picture. :lol:

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Chroniq » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:02 pm

Just reiterating what Robb and JRay said- Many people go an entire cruise without spending any money on extras (my parents minus the drinks are a great example). I prefer the upcharge options because it keeps the costs down for everyone and gives you options like eating Lobster every night for 10 dollars more or attending a wine tasting event for a few dollars..
Tram Credits: 13502 Find me here: Chris Con

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:21 pm

In a strange way I totally hate this thread.:P I am doing homework right now, eating a microwave lean cuisine, which is ok for microwave food, but... its microwave food. Then I read back a bit and jesus, everything looks awesome.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby GigaG » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:26 pm

As proven by "that other website I can't mention because it inverts my penis when I say the name" this week.

What do you mean?

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive