Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 339: Splash Mountain Officially Being Rethemed!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:43 am

throatytoast wrote:Noooooo!!! They’re gonna get rid of my favourite ride

They are not getting rid of the ride.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:46 am

CaptainUnknown wrote:A week ago, a petition from some random guy on Twitter made the "news" about doing this exact same thing. I wonder if this news is more correlation or causation?

If you know Disney, you know they are not lying when they say that this has been in the works since last year. There's no way they would have done all of this in the last two weeks after an online petition. I'm sure that the current positive movement in America to fix our racism helped push this timeline, but it's good to know Disney was already working on the retheme.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:48 pm

Saw this on Twitter, and it basically sums up how I feel:

IMG_4585.PNG

*sings and bounces in seat* Bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum...
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Satans Hockey » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:52 pm

Not that I needed more reasons to but this gives me yet another excuse to go back to Tokyo Disney. I love Splash Mountain and while I think Princess and the Frog is a great movie too I would have much rather have kept Splash how it is and have an entirely new ride for Princess and the frog

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Satans Hockey » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:53 pm

*double post

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby tinaalsgirl » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:02 pm

Oh man, I am *so* excited! I absolutely LOVE Princess and the Frog, and I particularly love that they're subtly acknowledging the issues with the movie - our first black princess spends most of her movie as an animal - by setting this post-movie so she'll be herself throughout it.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby southpuddle » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:22 pm

IMO, 75% of what makes Splash Mountain a good attraction is that it is a flume, and a long one at that, which is not changing. The remaining 25% is the fact that there are show scenes, which there still will be - I don’t really care what theme the show scenes is.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby RideWoodenCoasters » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:23 pm

Cleverly managed social media (twitter. Change.org) by the mouse to timely boost this 2019-origin project. With no remaining prospect for cashflow from the IP a win-win for corporate.

I'm happy as long as the original ride stays at Tokyo. My daughter's childhood is connected to it and we love Japan...and will return when we're allowed. Like everyone under 25, her knowledge of the songs is not from a movie she's never seen but from the Sing-Along Songs animation excerpts that used to be on the Disney channel.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby RideWoodenCoasters » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:24 pm

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:29 pm

SharkTums wrote:
CaptainUnknown wrote:A week ago, a petition from some random guy on Twitter made the "news" about doing this exact same thing. I wonder if this news is more correlation or causation?

If you know Disney, you know they are not lying when they say that this has been in the works since last year. There's no way they would have done all of this in the last two weeks after an online petition. I'm sure that the current positive movement in America to fix our racism helped push this timeline, but it's good to know Disney was already working on the retheme.

That was my thinking, too. They just pushed up the announcement because the time was right.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!