TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 145: Not-So-Scary is BACK for 2022!

11 hours ago, Sportsdude360 said:

Needless to say, Rise Of The Resistance will be foremost on our minds.

I hope you have an experience similar to mine and your brain breaks.  Seriously, that ride is so goddamned excellent that I couldn't form words until I was halfway up the exit ramp.

• Like 1

I was there a week ago and I can't recommend springing for Genie/Lightning Lane or whatever the extras are called enough.  I didn't do the planning or setting up, so I'm not entirely sure exactly what we used but it worked out well.  The only things we missed out on were the ones we just had to skip.  I have similar feelings about Rise of the Resistance.  I would call it an "experience" not just a ride.  Totally blew me away, even on my second ride last week.  Smugglers Run gets a little overlooked, but I like it almost as much as Rise.  I've stayed at Pop Century a few times, including last week.   Being able to use the Skyliner to access Epcot and Studios is a game changer.  It made taking the bus to AK and MK feel like a total beating.

• Like 1

Yeah a lot of people hate on Smuggler's Run but for me that was one of the high points of our trip.   I know it's basically just a big video game but for me, piloting the falcon was almost literally a dream come true.  And then looking over and seeing my daughter copiloting, a huge smile on her face, well I still tear up a little sometimes just thinking on it.

• Like 1

I dunno, I waited about thirty seconds in the single rider line, got pilot, even got the light speed trigger seat, and I still felt like I wasted my time.  That ride is a snooze fest.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jarmor said:

So how is MNSSHP?  Thinking of rounding up the kids in my family and flying down for it. . .

It used to be my absolute favorite thing at all of Disney World, but I'm not sure how much of it has changed post covid. Assuming the parade and fireworks are back, and trick or treating, and they keep the capacity limits low like they used to it should be worth a trip. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hilltopper39 said:

It used to be my absolute favorite thing at all of Disney World, but I'm not sure how much of it has changed post covid. Assuming the parade and fireworks are back, and trick or treating, and they keep the capacity limits low like they used to it should be worth a trip. 

Its back in its original form. 

• 2 weeks later...