TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

"Now did ya hear the one about the sunken log?"

They got gift cards, free passes to Animal Kingdom. And I wonder if they got [offered] free clothes cleaning services, too.

But I smell a lawsuit coming on, though thankfully, no one (I read) was injured....just soaked.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what I thought was funny was the people got off themselves and apparently were told by Disney staff that they weren't supposed to get off, what were they to do, go swimming? lol

None of the websites I've looked at have said much more than that the people were told to stay in the boat, but I assumed that the 'stay on board' message was only the usual one they'd play out as part of a breakdown. Maybe the log was caught in a breakdown and queued up with other logs and it began to sink.

I would be surprised if a cast member walked up to the log as it sunk and told the guests to stay on board, but I'm happy to be proved wrong. Most of the articles I found were just eyewitness accounts, terrible videos or hyperbole.

None of the websites I've looked at have said much more than that the people were told to stay in the boat, but I assumed that the 'stay on board' message was only the usual one they'd play out as part of a breakdown. Maybe the log was caught in a breakdown and queued up with other logs and it began to sink.

I would be surprised if a cast member walked up to the log as it sunk and told the guests to stay on board, but I'm happy to be proved wrong. Most of the articles I found were just eyewitness accounts, terrible videos or hyperbole.

There is video of a CM saying it.

• 2 months later...

Multiple reports out today that TRON construction is being suspended after canopy construction and the show building is sealed, possibly until October 2021.

Also reported that Jungle Cruise will be moving to a virtual queue, along with Millennium Falcon.

54 minutes ago, COASTER FREAK 11 said:

That seems weird to not complete the ride, even if it's not going to open right away. 

Supposedly waiting for cash flow.

Regardless, its not that weird considering they allowed the second half of Pop Century to rot for 10 years before switching gears to AoA.

Smart move for Jungle Cruise.  When we went in September it wasn't busy but the line was still a mess.  If waits get outside the building the line markers kind of meander a bit and that seems a consistent point where distancing breaks down, markers or not.  

Fine by me if this is true, and yeah, Adventureland is a shitshow right now so I’m down for anything that fixes that.

Also, I know I’m preaching to the choir and it’s not like this is my original idea here but if you’re at the point where you need a virtual line for the f*cking Jungle Cruise then maybe extend park hours...

Not sure if this question belongs here or in the non-parks resort discussion, but has anyone gone to the parks recently? Are the COVID / distancing policies still being enforced / obeyed?

I am probably being paranoid, but my mother (recklessly, in my opinion) decided to go to Disneyworld by herself, and given her age (+65) and our ethnicity (Asian) I am slightly worried about this and would like to assess how much extra anxiety I should have this upcoming week.

Edited by aueft
(funnier word choice)
47 minutes ago, aueft said:

Not sure if this question belongs here or in the non-parks resort discussion, but has anyone gone to the parks recently? Are the COVID / distancing policies still being enforced / obeyed?

I am probably being paranoid, but my mother (recklessly, in my opinion) decided to go to Disneyworld by herself, and given her age (+65) and our ethnicity (Asian) I am slightly worried about this and would like to assess how much extra anxiety I should have this upcoming week.

@robbalvey, @SharkTums, & KT are currently staying at Wilderness Lodge all week, and have been posting updates to Twitter, and the TPR FB pages.  

you should be following their media :)

so I'd defer to them, but it sounds like it's been busy enough to impact how enjoyable the time spent in the parks has been -  but they do not feel unsafe (just what I'm getting from their updates).

2 hours ago, aueft said:

Follow our Instagram. I've now posted IG Highlights from our resort stays in July, August, September, and October.