Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

P. 107: Runaway Tram (Family coaster) coming in 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:16 am

boldikus wrote:The newer trains were fine for a while but something needed to be done about the ride. My last rides the past few summers were downright awful. No headbanging obviously with the newer restraints, but the forces somehow gave me a headache bad enough I needed to drown myself in Advil, coffee and beer.

As long as a ride doesn't bash my head usually I can avoid discomfort. I was able to ride T3 3-4 times in a row without an issue.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Outlaw Run
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Hersheypark & Six Flags Great Adventure

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:23 am

boldikus wrote:I needed to drown myself in Advil, coffee, and beer.

Now that's starting to sound like a party!

Canobie Coaster wrote:As long as a ride doesn't bash my head usually I can avoid discomfort. I was able to ride T3 3-4 times in a row without an issue.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:54 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
boldikus wrote:I needed to drown myself in Advil, coffee, and beer.

Now that's starting to sound like a party!

:lmao: :lmao: Seriously. Ask Bill, he was there. I had an almost debilitating migraine after that one Nor'easter ride, and only some iced coffee from Dunkin, some Advil from a boardwalk junk shop, and then more beer was what got me out of that funk!

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:29 pm

Yeah that ride sucked the big one... easily the worst SLC ever and that's saying something.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:05 pm

Wow. If it's worse than T3, then I get it. I grew up in the era of Arrow loopers, so I'm not one to complain about roughness, but that one gave me a headache just from being jostled intensely. Hopefully the work will make it rideable.

Postby viking86 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:14 pm

robbalvey wrote:Here's another update: http://wildwoodvideoarchive.com/great-noreaster-update/

That sign looks great!

I'll get my coat....

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:34 pm

Okay, so over on the 40 Things thread I see that Zoom Phloom is being hailed as the greatest water ride in a dry park. In my research, I had skipped over it, since it looks like your standard fair log flume. Honestly I had wanted to go here mostly because I wanted to go to the Atlantic Ocean and I hear that's oddly difficult to accomplish in New Jersey everywhere but Morey's.

Now, however, on hearing from certain log flume enthusiasts that this is the best, I'm intrigued. What makes Zoom Phloom so much better than the others?

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:39 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Okay, so over on the 40 Things thread I see that Zoom Phloom is being hailed as the greatest water ride in a dry park. In my research, I had skipped over it, since it looks like your standard fair log flume. Honestly I had wanted to go here mostly because I wanted to go to the Atlantic Ocean and I hear that's oddly difficult to accomplish in New Jersey everywhere but Morey's.

Now, however, on hearing from certain log flume enthusiasts that this is the best, I'm intrigued. What makes Zoom Phloom so much better than the others?

The implied sexual content under the boardwalk as well as a super unique layout. :lol:

Also, if you want to visit the Atlantic ocean to go to the beach and go swimming, don't go to New Jersey. Go to Delaware, the Carolinas or Florida. That being said if you have to go to the beach in New Jersey (or if you just want to pair it with great rides) then Wildwood is the best by far and it's free (as all beaches should be).

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:56 pm

coasterbill wrote:The implied sexual content under the boardwalk

Ok, now I must ride this. :lol:

Let me back up a bit. I want to go to Knoebels. The entire trip is planned around going to Knoebels. It probably sounds funny to you, but since I'm from the Midwest, I swear this is logical. I can't go so close to the Atlantic and pass up an opportunity to see it. I've also never been to a boardwalk, so that's the interest in Morey's. It's the intersection of several interests.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:07 pm

The beach in Wildwood is fine. Don't go in North Wildwood cause its small and packed. The crest (South Wildwood if you will) is the nicest part of the beach and as Bill said the entire beach is free. All of the other Jersey Shore beaches you have to buy beach tags - either seasonal or day passes. Wildwood's is completely free, and you can drink on it as long as you conceal it (its not legal but they don't enforce it as long as you're not acting like an a$$h*le). You can also walk right off of any of the piers right down to the beach. I get your whole 'never been to the Atlantic Ocean' thing, even though I've been going there my whole life and rarely even dip my toes in that disgusting body of water. :lol:

The flume is awesome because of a few things - two drops, the second a bit bigger than the first, its interaction with everything else on the pier around it, the fact that it goes all over the pier, its light 'themeing' is pretty good, and there's whole 'dark ride' part under the boardwalk, fake-out waterfalls, etc. If you're up for spoiling it for yourself just youtube a POV, there's a few of them.
Last edited by boldikus on Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:13 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!