TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

p. 766 - HeartSong resort announced!

So on the SDC website it says SDC passholders get half-off Dollywood tickets. That was part of what led me to buy a SDC pass earlier this year. Well my pass was stolen a while back and I haven't had it replaced, but I have my passholder number on the SDC app. Do I need to get a replacement pass from SDC first or is the passholder number enough? How should I go about getting the half-off Dollywood tickets or is it a lost cause because I waited too long?

I don't even see anywhere on the ticket purchasing website that gives the opportunity to purchase half-off tickets for SDC passholders. Is this something that happens at the front gate?

• Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did I call this or what? Anyway, I did better side-by-side comparison for you.

Luckily any day now Lightning Rod is probably due to launch a wheel into a mountain or spontaneously combust or something so we can stop talking about covid...

^Lets be real...if you really wanna follow those guidelines you wouldn’t even be going to amusement parks. 

Posted Images

So on the SDC website it says SDC passholders get half-off Dollywood tickets. That was part of what led me to buy a SDC pass earlier this year. Well my pass was stolen a while back and I haven't had it replaced, but I have my passholder number on the SDC app. Do I need to get a replacement pass from SDC first or is the passholder number enough? How should I go about getting the half-off Dollywood tickets or is it a lost cause because I waited too long?

I don't even see anywhere on the ticket purchasing website that gives the opportunity to purchase half-off tickets for SDC passholders. Is this something that happens at the front gate?

Honestly, Dollywood is pretty old-school on reciprocal agreements, even within their own brands, and normally must see the actual card or ID. Like mentioned, if suggest calling

One thing to mention about Dollywood and reciprocal agreements is that you normally need the card at time of ticket purchase and when entering the park at the gate. A lot of employers around here have these agreements and Dollywood needs to see your employee ID when entering and when buying the ticket (or paystub or whatever they need as proof)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Edited by dstephe9

^Thanks for the heads up guys. I called and it does sound like they would prefer the physical card, but SDC said that Dollywood might possibly be able to call them and they could confirm my pass over the phone as long as I have a photo ID. The customer service lady at Dollywood said that might work, wasn't very confident, but if so I should go to Guest Services because they wouldn't be able to do it at the ticket counter. Worth a try at least.

Also, the age-old question.... is Lightning Rod open?

^Thanks for the heads up guys. I called and it does sound like they would prefer the physical card, but SDC said that Dollywood might possibly be able to call them and they could confirm my pass over the phone as long as I have a photo ID. The customer service lady at Dollywood said that might work, wasn't very confident, but if so I should go to Guest Services because they wouldn't be able to do it at the ticket counter. Worth a try at least.

Also, the age-old question.... is Lightning Rod open? [emoji38]

My biggest concern is actually getting in the gate without your SDC pass, even if you get a ticket from the ticket window.. like I said, they mark the tickets as discounted and the gate will ask again for the SDC pass (or employee ID if you get a discount for work, or Ripley's pass, basically, whatever you use for the discount). I guess it prevents people from buying discounted tickets and reselling them. This is how it worked last year anyways with a friend who used a zoo pass for a discount. And then the year before with a friend who used his Denso ID (large employer in the area that gets discounts)

I mean, I'm sure guest services will clear it up and tell them to let you through, especially if they sold you the ticket haha. Just something to keep in mind though

Customer service is hit and miss at Dollywood with the employees but guest services is great so they should make it right

And LR is very open, especially the front seat! Hahaha

Amazingly, yes

I'm not gonna believe it until I see it!

Also, the age-old question.... is Lightning Rod open? [emoji38]

My biggest concern is actually getting in the gate without your SDC pass, even if you get a ticket from the ticket window.. like I said, they mark the tickets as discounted and the gate will ask again for the SDC pass (or employee ID if you get a discount for work, or Ripley's pass, basically, whatever you use for the discount). I guess it prevents people from buying discounted tickets and reselling them. This is how it worked last year anyways with a friend who used a zoo pass for a discount. And then the year before with a friend who used his Denso ID (large employer in the area that gets discounts)

I mean, I'm sure guest services will clear it up and tell them to let you through, especially if they sold you the ticket haha. Just something to keep in mind though

Customer service is hit and miss at Dollywood with the employees but guest services is great so they should make it right

And LR is very open, especially the front seat! Hahaha

Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure Guest Services wouldn't sell me a ticket and the park not let me in but good to know that it might be difficult. I guess we'll see, I'll pay full price if I have to but the discount would be great.

Anyway, is there going to be anyone else there today that wants to hang out since my friends are bailing today?

Check out this awesome "Behind The Scenes" article on Blazing Fury including a "lights on" tour and how it was RMC's "first" coaster done for the park.

https://www.coaster101.com/2018/12/16/blazing-fury-behind-the-scenes-lights-on-at-dollywood/

IMG_3628-768x512.jpg

Edited by sdcfan88

Park was nearly empty today until dark when people came to see the lights. Wait time for LR was 15 minutes, one train running. (Lost my toboggan! ) Christmas lights are beautiful. Track looks complete for the new coaster

336230121_IMG_48291.thumb.JPG.5c5fc2b5a0a80edcacd6dc5b2747882c.JPG

I'm not too familiar with Dollywood's Weather policy. Do they typically keep the rides open in cooler weather, particularly The Coasters?

We're thinking of swinging by there a few days after Christmas, and wondering if it's worth it.

Out of curiosity, I tried to find the most frigid day without rain or snow since Drop Line opened and I found December 31, 2017. The high was 30 degrees and the low was 17 degrees. The only two rides that opened were Blazing Fury and Drop Line (that Barnstormer thing has to be an error). However, Drop Line did close due to weather during the last hour of park operation.

Even if it isn't quite 5 degrees, they'll run that ride longer than any other outdoor ride.

December 31, 2017

Out of curiosity, I tried to find the most frigid day without rain or snow since Drop Line opened and I found December 31, 2017. The high was 30 degrees and the low was 17 degrees. The only two rides that opened were Blazing Fury and Drop Line (that Barnstormer thing has to be an error). However, Drop Line did close due to weather during the last hour of park operation.

Even if it isn't quite 5 degrees, they'll run that ride longer than any other outdoor ride.

December 31, 2017

I was there that day. Also - January 4th 2018 I believe was colder yet and it ran then too. Not sure it got out of the 20s.

The new no front for Lightning Rod.

That is looking terrible. Hopefully this is only a temporary solution and will the park put that hotrod front back on the train after the possible problems are solved.

^ While at the park a week ago, I was told by a ride attendant that the fronts were taken off for refurbishment, which included repainting and such, though I’m not sure if this is true or not. Both fronts were laying on the ground underneath the transfer track.

^ The one thing that makes me think it could be something more is the fact that they've already changed the fronts once.

While it looks ugly in its current configuration, it's running and having the wide open front should make the front row experience even better.

Yeah I agree. The new fronts were only on for a month or so unless those where only temporary and weren't working out. No need to refurbish those yet! I believe it's something more than that