TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

I have yet to try out Lumberjack's.

We always eat at Backstage whenever we visit the park. We have tried some of the others (Aunt Granny's, Red's, and Miss Lillian's), but nothing comes close to Backstage IMO. They have a great menu, but I always end up ordering a burger. They also have some of the best fried green tomatoes out there.

Aunt Granny's has been just okay in my opinion. I've had better buffet experiences out there, but it's still pretty good. The rest of my family didn't care too much for the restaurant.

Aunt Granny's has been just okay in my opinion. I've had better buffet experiences out there, but it's still pretty good.

I'm a big eater. Backstage is good, just not enough food for the price

Same with Ham&Beans. And all the small places too. I just want more food.

The buffets vary though. Some days are definitely better than others.

Interestingly my wife and daughter prefer Aunt Grannies over Backstage. The daughter likes Red's overall best though.

I love lumberjack pizza and have never had cold pizza.. its actually one of my favorite places to eat

I figure it was just a bad day (under/over cooked crust, 20 minutes to get food even with a short line), but my wife is less forgiving.

I have heard the cold pizza complaint from others, mostly this year, and I wonder if it's how they are serving it now.. they have it precut and on plates before you order..

I normally go later in the evening (sometimes just for the pizza) and a lot of those times we get fresh slices right out of the oven because they aren't doing the presliced thing lol..

So yeah it's not always bad and luckily I haven't had the cold pizza yet but with the new way they serve it, I can see how it can become cold

Now with that being said, I have had cold fries there! Some that have tasted like they have been out for almost an hour

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My Lumberjack's experience wasn't the greatest, but I ate there after a storm shut down most of the park. And I had one of the last slices (which had probably been sitting out for at least an hour). Obviously I need to give it a second chance, although even hotter and fresher I'm not sure it would be one of my favorites.

I always tout the park's food when talking to others. But honestly I've never had anything at the park that blew me away (except the cinnamon bread, of course). The chicken sandwich from the new food truck was one of the best things I've had in recent years.

Admittedly, I haven't tried any of the sit-down restaurants. Maybe that's where I'm going wrong. When at a park, I prefer to get something a bit quicker to allow for more ride time. So far, the chicken tenders, pizza (from the other place) and burgers have fallen flat for me. Now that I'm living closer to the park and going more often, I'll have to pay Aunt Granny and Miss Lillian's a visit.

My experience with lumber jack pizza was mixed. What I mean is that the pizza was great, but the dude serving the pizza blatantly hitting on me was not. It also made my wife equally uncomfortable...

Bruh...

I never have any desire to eat pizza at U.S. parks (besides Knoebels). I'm far too much of a pizza snob to waste a meal at Dollywood on that when I could go to Lillian's or one of the skillet places. So far I've yet to have a decent pizza south of the Mason Dixon line.

I never have any desire to eat pizza at U.S. parks (besides Knoebels). I'm far too much of a pizza snob to waste a meal at Dollywood on that when I could go to Lillian's or one of the skillet places.

Yea, it's always too similar to school cafeteria pizza to me.

You want good pizza near Dollywood? Go to Pizza Palace in Knoxville. It really compares well to much of the stuff we have in the NYC/Jersey/Philly regions.

I love it when people hit on me in front of the wifey. Shows that I still gots tha Magic, and she needs to up her game to keep me interested. So far, she never fails to dissapoint.

I'm not progressive enough to not be bothered by a man repeatedly complimenting my looks. Had I not been completely caught of guard I would have been a lot more compelled to be an a$$.

I'm not progressive enough to not be bothered by a man repeatedly complimenting my looks. Had I not been completely caught of guard I would have been a lot more compelled to be an a$$.

Ah, the joys of fragile masculinity.

I never have any desire to eat pizza at U.S. parks (besides Knoebels). I'm far too much of a pizza snob to waste a meal at Dollywood on that when I could go to Lillian's or one of the skillet places. So far I've yet to have a decent pizza south of the Mason Dixon line.

I'm inclined to agree with this, with the exception of St. Louis-style pizza. That stuff was good. But yeah, I don't think I would ever order pizza at Dollywood. It just feels wrong.

I guess its not technically on the piers so its not park food but we're gonna eat all kinds of pizza when you're in Wildwood. Brace yourself.

I guess its not technically on the piers so its not park food but we're gonna eat all kinds of pizza when you're in Wildwood. Brace yourself.

I'm bracing.

They have a Magic Mushroom pizza up in Gatlinburg. I loves meh some Magic Mushroom!

There's two in Pigeon Forge as well. One at the Island and another near MagiQuest

Nah, that's Mellow Mushroom. I'm not sure if what Guy is talking about is legal.

I'll keep it in mind but I'll probably stick to good southern food when I'm down there. I can get good pizza at home so I usually gorge myself on smoked food and BBQ down south. They blow us away in that department.

I'll take BBQ over pizza any day.

But, much like you and pizza, I'm a bit of a BBQ snob. I'll eat the stuff DW has during the festival and it's OK, but the rest of the time no. Just blah. Then again, that's my opinion on most of the "well known" and "recommend" places I've ever tried. I prefer the little shacks that only locals know about. They don't have websites or any other advertising. They might not even have a phone and only be open 2 or 3 days a week.

Give the sit own places a chance next time. It's worth taking 20-30 minutes to relax and eat and cool off/warm up.

I usually go off peak (after the lunch/supper rushes) at like 1:30-3:30, or 7:30-8:00 (when the park is open late).

They have a Magic Mushroom pizza up in Gatlinburg. I loves meh some Magic Mushroom!

There's two in Pigeon Forge as well. One at the Island and another near MagiQuest

Nah, that's Mellow Mushroom. I'm not sure if what Guy is talking about is legal.

Mellow Mushroom, Magic Mushroom. You say potato I say French Fry. Same cap, different outcome.

At the park today… Lightning rod still not open… Zero activity… Nobody outside answering questions. This sucker is as closed as it gets.

I guess that would indicate they are waiting on another part or fix? Could the 14 time be the charm? Surely they've whittled down some of the issues by now...