TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

So I was at Dollywood the last two days and despite no LR, we had a fantastic time!

Wild Eagle really seemed to be hauling this year.

Mystery Mine was running a bit smoother than I remember it last year.

Fire Chaser Express was a ton of fun as usual.

Tennessee Tornado makes we wish Arrow was still around. Seriously, TT in the back car is insane.

Thunderhead was good but could definitely use a ton of track work.

The park was pretty crowded on Monday, but Sunday was dead so we got plenty of rides on everything.

Something I don't hear mentioned a lot is how good the food is here. Yes there's the cinnamon bread, but all the rest of the food is great too! We had Turkey Legs, Pot Roast, and Chicken salad and it was all fantastic.

Overall it was a great visit and we can't wait to return once LR is running consistently.

So I was at Dollywood the last two days and despite no LR, we had a fantastic time!

Tennessee Tornado makes we wish Arrow was still around. Seriously, TT in the back car is insane.

The park was pretty crowded on Monday, but Sunday was dead so we got plenty of rides on everything.

Something I don't hear mentioned a lot is how good the food is here. Yes there's the cinnamon bread, but all the rest of the food is great too! We had Turkey Legs, Pot Roast, and Chicken salad and it was all fantastic.

Overall it was a great visit and we can't wait to return once LR is running consistently.

I agree about Mystery Mine, while I never thought it was super rough, I noticed my two visits this year, had no head banging.

That can be either seen as a good sign or bad.. maybe it's getting ready to open full time or Dollywood can be using it as another method of saying the ride is closed..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That can be either seen as a good sign or bad.. maybe it's getting ready to open full time or Dollywood can be using it as another method of saying the ride is closed..

I'm thinking that Is TimeSaver getting set up. Everything in the list is part of TimeSaver.

Though strangely, I just checked the app and MysterMine isn't shown.

Right no most rides are closed because of weather, yet WildEagle isn't. I understand BlazingFury not closing, but WE?

Edited by STDog

Tell me more about the Chicken salad! Where did you get it and did it have a lot of added "stuff" in with it or was it pretty simple?

Tell me more about the Chicken salad! Where did you get it and did it have a lot of added "stuff" in with it or was it pretty simple?

It was at Granny Ogle's on the Craftsmans Trail. I would say it was pretty simple, chicken mixed with mayo and some spices that I can't quite figure out what they were... but it was excellent!

It has been 14 years since I have been to DW, and I still remember being whipped over that first drop on TT in the back car!

^ No, no, no! It's all about the Chicken Salad, right now!

^That's right! The tide can change quickly in this thread, especially when it comes to food. With only checking the thread every once in a while, Zach almost missed this crucial food moment

It was at Granny Ogle's on the Craftsmans Trail. I would say it was pretty simple, chicken mixed with mayo and some spices that I can't quite figure out what they were... but it was excellent!

It sounds amazing and I'll for sure check it out now that I know where it's located as well. I absolutely love simple chicken salad but would never in a million years have thought to get it at a theme park. Thanks to your post and others on here, I have a list in my phone of approved food offerings at DW for a persnickety eater such as myself!

I absolutely love simple chicken salad but would never in a million years have thought to get it at a theme park. Thanks to your post and others on here, I have a list in my phone of approved food offerings at DW for a persnickety eater such as myself!

That's of of DW's strong points. There's a lot of food there that you wouldn't expect at at park, especially the all you want buffet stuff; Aunt Granny's and Miss Lillian's. Backstage Restaurant and Granny Ogle’s (despite the name more than ham and beans) and are also good though I like the buffets better.

But even the more standard fare has a bit more flair and better taste. From burgers at Red's to the sandwiches/sausages at the Big Skillet, the lowly food truck chicken sandwich, and Pizza at Victoria's.

I haven't tried most of the other places (like Grandstand Cafe or Hickory House), but only the Lumberjack Pizza has been a bust for me. Maybe it was a bad day, but they couldn't get the crust done and it was just blah.

I agree on the Lumberjack Pizza. My last experience with this pizza was during Christmas last year and it was served cold. It was so cold the cheese was even discolored/hard like it had been in a refrigerator. I pointed out to the host that it was pitiful that they would even serve such a thing. She was very defensive, so live and learn. Now I just buy cinnamon bread instead. Can't go wrong with that! The new Chicken sandwich food truck is also really good too (so far).