TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

^Yes. I am reffering to Excalibur. Yes, I am aware of its history.

I still believe a Giant Discovery, as cool as they are, don't warrant a different enough ride than a Nauta Bussink Evolution.

We do have a HUSS enterprise.

^^ That's true! The Discovery swings at 70mph when at maximum. The Evolution ride experience would have some similarities to that of the Discovery, but also some marked differences. I see nothing wrong with having both rides in your park. And since you already have a Huss Enterprise, it's virtually guaranteed that you'll never recieve a Zamperla Endeavor. The only reason SFOT got one was because they needed something to replace the old Spinnaker.

please don't misunderstand me - I am all for newer and more exciting rides and new technologies on these rides. I just think the addition of newer tech ( VR in this case) that doesn't yet have all the bugs worked out of it, to an existing "thrill ride" is un-needed. it seems to only increase guest dis-satisfaction in a lot of cases. like lipstick on a pig to reference a depression era saying.

I got you, I specifically was calling out the part of your post where you said that once upon a time, less loved rides would just be torn down and replaced. I don't think that was particularly a thing. Rather, I think you just had rides languish for extended periods...not unlike what happened to Ninja for a long time. VR may or may not be the solution to aging rides, but I don't think it replaced anything important.

Apropos of nothing, some photos from the park.

I want to get this photo with no one standing on the opposing platform. Shouldn't be too hard, just have to hang out there later in the night.

(I probably needed something to stabilize with this one)

Also when did imgur get so crappy about just giving you a link to the picture? Does anyone know a better simple image host that doesn't have pretensions of being yet another community/social media platform?

Was Goliath at Six Flags Over Georgia originally meant for Six Flags St. Louis? I head a rumor about it awhile back, and was wondering if someone could clear that up for me

Yes. Tragic day for us when they moved it to Georgia

Is it known why they decided to move it from the third park they built to the second park they built?

Was Goliath at Six Flags Over Georgia originally meant for Six Flags St. Louis? I head a rumor about it awhile back, and was wondering if someone could clear that up for me

Is it known why they decided to move it from the third park they built to the second park they built?

If I had to guess, Six Flags probably realized there was a greater possible ROI at SFOG than at SFStL. It wouldn't surprise me if SFOG made more money yearly than SFStL.

^ I presume you mean Excalibur. Actually, a Giant Discovery, while similar, would be different enough to warrant adding one to the park.
Agreed. I appreciate Excalibur being there, as it is rare, but I've never ridden it and I doubt I ever will. A Giant Discovery is a different story. I would definitely ride the heck out of that.

You guys could be next up to recieve a Zamperla Giant Discovery and/or Zamperla Endeavor ride. Those don't take a lot of room and are great additions to any park.

IMO, if SFStL were to receive a Giant Discovery, it would most likely replace Excalibur. So, great as it would be, it would still suck to lose a flat as a replacement.

You guys could be next up to recieve a Zamperla Giant Discovery and/or Zamperla Endeavor ride. Those don't take a lot of room and are great additions to any park.

IMO, if SFStL were to receive a Giant Discovery, it would most likely replace Excalibur. So, great as it would be, it would still suck to lose a flat as a replacement.

It could replace the go karts. I remember hearing that there was an expansion plan involving the go karts' removal for a new ride plaza for Boss and some new flats.

I drove by the park last night for the first time in years on our way to the current river. Then I immediately found bed bugs in our cabin, so we drove back at night... It would be nice to see SF to sink some more effort into attractive night lighting packages like CF has done. It just makes me realize that these two brands are miles apart, not necessarily in quality, but of their views on how a park should look and feel inside and out. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but I know which I prefer more. I still look forward to my HITP trip.

I'll be at the park tomorrow for the first time this season. I'm looking forward to my visit. But I will say, I pointed out to my friend that it is disappointing that it will be our first visit since last year and there will be nothing new for us to ride (I wont be able to ride Fireball as it would make me sick). But there is HITP to look forward to at least.

If I had to guess, Six Flags probably realized there was a greater possible ROI at SFOG than at SFStL. It wouldn't surprise me if SFOG made more money yearly than SFStL.

If I remember correctly from back then, the plans had been around for a couple of years and the station would have gone over where American thunder is and gone over the entrance road. To answer the question though, it was in part due to missed goals. In fairness if you have ever ridden it at SFOG, you should be thankful we didn't get it.

In other news, rumor has it were capped for awhile at 8 million attractions.

I read that Six Flags confirmed Boss will never recieve the Iron Horse treatment because the track length is to long and would be to much money for SF to pay... is this true?

It's been looked at by a few companies over the years, including RMC, so most likely yes it won't ever happen.

However there has been much talk about reproducing parts as then did with turn one to continue to improve the rides operations and temperature s it can run in.

I drove by the park last night for the first time in years on our way to the current river. Then I immediately found bed bugs in our cabin, so we drove back at night... It would be nice to see SF to sink some more effort into attractive night lighting packages like CF has done. It just makes me realize that these two brands are miles apart, not necessarily in quality, but of their views on how a park should look and feel inside and out. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but I know which I prefer more. I still look forward to my HITP trip.

I agree the Sky Screamer tower used to light up in neon colors and looked really cool from the highway. It hasn't lit up since last year.

I agree the Sky Screamer tower used to light up in neon colors and looked really cool from the highway. It hasn't lit up since last year.

During Fright Fest last year when they had it on some of the neon color-changing bars were burnt out as well as a bunch of LEDs on the Six Flags logo, not sure what the reason for that is, but I hope the only reason it's off is because they're planning on fixing those.