TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 53 - Symphony of Color drone show and daytime parade announced!

=> Paris Disney's Space Mountain is a Vekoma baby ! -meant in the good way-

well it's what you call smooth or rough. The reviewer even complaned about the retrains that are too hard ?!

"Unfortunately the ride is not smoother than before and the new over-should-safety-retrains in the now silver gleaming trains are still rather hard "

There could be worse things on a rollercoaster than hard retrains and I would never step out of one for having such retrains. I think I will check it myself before I'm going to advice against riding it to other people.

I rode the mission 1 couple of times and didn't found it that rough only that the cars were small for large people. (my brother his knee rubbed to the seat in front of him therefore he had to replace his feet to sit confortable )

Question... why is our space mountain white and plain when theirs is all awesome and kickassy?

I hope, hereby I can answer your questions a little bit!

Discoveryland (DLRP)

In Disney's other Magic Kingdoms around the world a part of the park called Tomorrowland gives a futuristic view of the future with rockets, Aliens and gleaming metal. Unfortunately in today's high speed world the dreams of tomorrow rapidly become the reality of today, so here in Disneyland Paris, Disney decided to try a new angle on this area.Disoveryland is dedicated to the visionaries of yesterday and how they may have envisioned the future that we are now all a part of. Many of histories greatest visionaries lived in Europe, so here in Europe Disney pays them a fitting tribute, Recreating their dreams. H.G. Wells and Leonardo da Vinci feature with their ideas of time travel and flight, but the most influential visionary of all the great French author Jules Verne is the main contributor to the area.

More info: http://www.dlp.info/DLP/Lands/Discoveryland/index.html

Space Mountain (DLRP)

At the heart of Discoveryland guests can experience an adventure based on the dreams and visions of legendary author Jules Verne. Space Mountain was inspired by Verne’s classic book "From The Earth To The Moon" in which he describes how brave explorers are set inside a rocket that is blasted from a cannon, into space on their quest to reach the moon. Upon its opening in 1995 the multi-million dollar attraction instantly became the showpiece of the park, unparalleled by any Disney coaster ever built for speed and thrill.

More info: http://www.dlp.info/DLP/Lands/Discoveryland/Attractions/Space-Mountain.asp

Discovery Mountain = Space Mountain?

Space Mountain / the Discovery Mountain project also holds many secrets and never befor told facts plus numerous stories of creative solutions and cutbacks that had to be realized in order for the attraction to make it off the drawing board. So “Space Mountain - de la Terre à la Lune” really has one of those back stories that deserve quite a few episodes of its own.

Read more: http://www.dlp.info/Specials/F-Files/LostRides/DiscoveryMountain.htm

--Soeren

Well, Its about time they closed down the old Space Mountain ride. That ride was so old and falling apart. I remember going on that scary ride when I was 10 years old and getting hert on that crazy ride of death. Im so glad there going to have a new safe Space Mountain. 8)

Disneyland Paris hasn't even been open that long.

• 7 months later...

Here are the maps of Crush's Turtle Twister, the future Maurer Söhne coaster which is planned to open in 2007 at Disneyland Paris in Hangarland (that's the nickname I gave to this litle, ridiculous and ugly park named Walt Disney Studios) :

The map of the coaster itself. You can see the darkride part to the bottom-left and the coaster part to the top :

Here is a general view of the 2 new rides in their environment, Crush's Turtle Twister and Cars (same ride then Whirpool in Tokyo Disney Sea) plan to open in 2007 too :

Elissa ? Robb ? +1 to your credit ! You have to come back again in Paris

Edited by larrygator

Dude, a turtle themed coaster!? I have a feeling this will be making its way to number 1 in my book in 2007*. Definitely gotta get back to DLP sometime that year, either on my Spain trip, New Years Eve, or some random 3 day weekend where airfare is cheaper to Paris than it is to anywhere in the US. I suspect Tower will be done by then too? I always knew I liked Disneyland Paris, now I know why!

*in my list of coasters themed to turtles

Thanks for sharing the plans of the attraction! I love it!

Can't wait to be there in spring of '07 for 15th Anny of DLP and the debut of this new add-on to the Studios.

Derek?^ I don't think the TofT is going to be finished for '07 opening. I believe the orig.plans were for the Toon Studios add-on to open in 2007, and the Tower to open in 2008.

But hey - ya never know with Disney, hmmm?

Edited by Nrthwnd

Oh wow, I never knew it was going to be such a major ride!

Those little Maurer spinners are really awesome.

And if I'm not mistaken, I think I can see there is one of those vertically banked turns included in this DLStudios version, which is easily the best element of these coasters. Doubley awesome!

And you don't even need to worry about their relatively low capacity either- the studios park only attracts about ten people every day

Cerberus

Oh wow, I never knew it was going to be such a major ride!

Those little Maurer spinners are really awesome.

And if I'm not mistaken, I think I can see there is one of those vertically banked turns included in this DLStudios version, which is easily the best element of these coasters. Doubley awesome!

And you don't even need to worry about their relatively low capacity either- the studios park only attracts about ten people every day

Cerberus

Yeah, the Immelman Turn as Maurer Sohne calls them (don't ask me why, that's just what they named the vertical turns) are the best bits of the ride. But it's only gonna be small on this one, not like on Spinball Whizzer or Dragon's Fury.

Here's what the main bulk of the ride will probably look like:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig2164.htm?picture=4

Hopefully Disney will do a good job theming and maintaining this ride.

It's gonna be a semi-unique layout by the looks of the plans.

The design of the coaster looks just like the standard travelling Maurer Sohne SC2000 with a bit extra put in at the start!

But indoors, and all themed to the ocean and the Nemo movie!

I think it's going to be the Disney surprise that nobody was expecting, lol.

It's gonna be a semi-unique layout by the looks of the plans.

The design of the coaster looks just like the standard travelling Maurer Sohne SC2000 with a bit extra put in at the start!

But indoors, and all themed to the ocean and the Nemo movie!

I think it's going to be the Disney surprise that nobody was expecting, lol.

Yeah, the theming on Disney coasters makes a huge difference.

I rode Rock 'N' Rollercoaster at Disneyland Paris, and then rode Xpress at Walibi World a few weeks later. Exactly the same ride, but one was indoors and themed really well with a great soundtrack, the other was outdoors and had pretty much no theming, no music and quite a rough ride.

Guess which one I preferred...

I love this. I'm a big fan of Finding Nemo, so I am all about this.

You finally have a valid, coaster-related reason to have a turtle in your avatar... And so you change it!

This looks VERY cool, might actually have to head back to DLP for a weekend when this opens up. I visited back in September 2003 and out of the four days we spent there, I think we spent less than four hours at the Studios, and even that was pushing the boundaries of boredom. About time they had something else decent put in.

Can't wait to be there in spring of '07 for 15th Anny of DLP and the debut of this new add-on to the Studios.

Toon Studios including Crush's Turtle Twister and Cars are to open in april/may 2007 that's for sure.

But the last news we have is that TOT could open in october/november 2007 ; all that for the 15th anniversary celebrations of Disneyland Paris. I think this information will be officially confirmed in the next Shareholder General Assembly in april/mai 2006.