TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 53 - Symphony of Color drone show and daytime parade announced!

But the last news we have is that TOT could open in october/november 2007 ; all that for the 15th anniversary celebrations of Disneyland Paris. I think this information will be officially confirmed in the next Shareholder General Assembly in april/mai 2006.

Kewl. I plan to get to DLPR at least twice within every five years now, so after Spring'07, probably 2010, then for the 20th Anny, 2012.

And more new attractions, shows and surprises to come, yes!

Hey guys,

I found so many good sketches at DLP.info ! I am sure the new Nemo ride will be very cool!

There are some new picture about TOT at DLRP. They started building the first walls!

Here is a link for more: http://forum.mousekingdom.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=68595&mode=full&page=

and here: http://www.dlrp.fr

--Sören

^ Seems like they're getting Maurer to build them some fancy inward-facing seated cars.

Kinda typical from Disney really- They like to keep the family together!

...Although I do have to wonder if I'd be comfortable with a stranger staring me right in the face for the entire duration of the ride :?

Plus the outward facing cars make you feel REALLY exposed, which might be a lost feeling on these.

Ah well, at least they're theming them really well!

Cerberus

P.S.- Did I see a spinning tunnel around the lift hill?! Retro!

^ I don't think we'll really know about the seating until the cars actually make an appearance thru pix taken of... the model of, or a mockup (mock turtle - hah) or an actual working car itself.

One of the early designs I have seen of the turtle cars, have back-to-back seating within the main framework.

And you know what? Who says Disney may not put the seating like actual two-row seating, and pivot the middle between the two front-facing rows?

You never know, right?

(*I can't wait to ride this*More than BuzzLightyear*More than ToT*)

I don't see any pictures.

Yeah, the schematics plans went AWOL a couple of days ago - and in their place were two small banners, in French, alluding to something I couldn't translate thoroughly.

I am wondering if EricLovesTZTOT wasn't supposed to post those drawings... and got caught? And had to take them off the posting? Or some other reason, perhaps?

Shed any light on this Eric?

what happen to the concepts...

jarvis "just when I was about to save them to my pc!" Morant

Guess we all should've saved them sooner, jar. I didn't either, boo hoo. I have the feeling that they shouldn't have been posted - EriclovesTZTOT was found out - so the plans got pulled.

Darnit.

Thankyou, thankyou, THANKyou, Jose!

I AM still wondering, though, why the plans up and disappeared from Eric's posting.

Still the curious in me, heh heh.

But thanks for this.

Copied and saved, sir!

Thankyou, thankyou, THANKyou, Jose!

I AM still wondering, though, why the plans up and disappeared from Eric's posting.

Still the curious in me, heh heh.

But thanks for this.

Copied and saved, sir!

There you go! Now you are learning the Jose way! Yah I'm curious too -- but it could be just bandwidth? (i.e. don't want to read too much into things).

Anywho -- glad I could be of service, I had received your PM, but wanted to be fair and give everyone the pleasure.

Steve Holt!

• 4 weeks later...

I just discovered this section of photos taken from a video presentation, some of which haven't been seen by me (at least) before.

And in downloading the first video (Sept.12th posting), you get the 'backstory' of how the attraction starts out, etc.

What I found the most interesting, was in how the lift hill played into it all! I always wondered how they were going to 'theme' that lift hill, and I do believe they've figured it out, heh heh.

http://www.photosmagiques.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=256&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

The video catches and the stills are by Baloo aka Ant, at Photos Magiques.

Here's the pix of the "submarine" that you travel thru before hitting the 'current'. And hey - you even meet Bruce and his buds thru it too!

TurtleRide15.jpg.caa043e42d8c12bd2dcb0955a9caa58e.jpg

And now we join Crush and his buds for a 'tour' of that Australian Current.... (o:

TurtleRide14.jpg.13ff16b103624648fba1456e3c2507bf.jpg

There they are! Bruce and his buds, wishing us well, on our journey with Crush...

TurtleRide13.jpg.bdb147d589f62f84e469c7fc21bc178c.jpg

This is continuing up thru the sub - did I say 'up thru'?

TurtleRide12.jpg.4a2edbdbecb33d2a8b82ab2d4b3d2389.jpg

Here's where we enter the sub. Note the angle? Hmmm.....

If you check on the previous page of this thread (#4), you'll find the (rough) schematics of the attraction itself, plus a photo of the actual coaster that will most-likely be contained within the main show building.

And here's another pic from the video, which actually shows more color and contrast to the 'overview' showing that the larger blue rectangle is the coaster, itself. Lift hill on the left there, will be where the sub 'lies'.

I love it .

TurtleRide_map.jpg.dbece3e3149f770368bcfab17aee4540.jpg

A bit fuzzy, but you can compare and get the general idea of the layout and "environmental experience."