TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 53 - Symphony of Color drone show and daytime parade announced!

Yay for it being a Maurer Shone coaster... their mice are incredible. Although Disney will never say that it actually is a Maurer coaster, but it's easy to tell from the photos that it is.

Should be exciting when it opens, especially like the dark ride part. It looks like it has a good layout.

Both the Cars: Race Rally and Turtle Twister should be ready for the summer season.

Then is not it sure that they open her in summer? (Turtle Twister)

They have to say that, just in case something goes wrong and the opening gets delaid.

I just can't wait to see how cool the 'Crush' cars will look, being as its Disney, they'll look AWSOME!

Martyn

• 3 months later...

Been such awhile for this thread.

Bump-A-Bump dee Bump!

Is it my imagination, or is Race Rally going to be possibly the best of the three such rides available in 3 Disney Parks?

#1 Kelp Kups @ Ariel's Lagoon in TDS

- Basicially set within the entire building environment, that being an underwater one, being "fit in" with other attractions. Other attractions also theme to same.

#2 Francis' Lady Bug Boogie @ Bug's Land in DCA

- Same as above, only outdoors within an 'oversized' greening of the 'Land.'

#3 Race Rally @ Toon Studios in DLPR

- Entire environment is built around the ride, including backdrop, queue building, etc.

Yum. I think that DLPR is getting better and better with each passing year or two. The upcoming 15th Anniversary is no exception. Too bad I will be a month or so earlier there, than the posted opening of the Studios. Ah well, there's always the TPR Mainland EuroTour in..... ?

If it's anything like Toon Town at Disneyland, CA, then I just hope they don't put a Roger Rabbit's cartoon spin in. Being 14 years old, I must say that ride is almost disturbing, and I'm not sure if it would be appropriate for smaller kids.

(i.e. In the line, there is some suggestive material, in the ride, roger rabbit getting shocked with screaming that actually sounds like they're being tortured, and more.)

Then again, in other countries there are different standards for age appropriate material.

~Mike

There will be a ride themed to Cars that will be like the Ladybug Boogie ride (at DCA) but with double the number of cars.

Second attraction is the interesting one: a Maurer-Sohne standard layout (like at Lagoon) spinning coaster with a dark ride beginning and various effects! Name is "Crush Coaster" and is based on Finding Nemo's. The coaster portion is in that large blue building and they're building the rockwork that will serve as the facade of the ride and the car is even supposed to do a short trip outside before starting the dark ride portion.

If it's anything like Toon Town at Disneyland, CA, then I just hope they don't put a Roger Rabbit's cartoon spin in. Being 14 years old, I must say that ride is almost disturbing, and I'm not sure if it would be appropriate for smaller kids.

(i.e. In the line, there is some suggestive material, in the ride, roger rabbit getting shocked with screaming that actually sounds like they're being tortured, and more.)

Then again, in other countries there are different standards for age appropriate material.

~Mike

Yea.... no. I don't think there's anything wrong with it and I've been riding that thing since it first opened.

well ... i am looking forward to this indeed. The ride is squeduled to open in 2008. Well i know its doubtfull but my family is planning to visit Febuary of 2008 so i hope there open. The rides look amazing expecially tower of terror, as im going to florida in august i imagine the queue's will be hurrendous so i will get the chance to ride it at Paris.

• 2 weeks later...

Time for updating here!

Just found at www.dlrp.fr new articles on stuff at DisneyParis, including some wonderful stuff about a German television special on the parks, but specifically on The Studios AND Toon Studios in particular.

The english translation of the site is pretty rudamentary, but the pix are wonderful and easy to understand. Would love to be able to get the photos to enlarge, but for some reason I can't do that.

Anyway - scale models now photographed of the entrance queue and 'interior' of Crush's Coaster.... including the one below of the ride vehicle on the exposed track, before they built the Studio 5 Building around it.

Kewl!

Edit: Forgot. Here's the english translation site:

http://216.109.124.98/language/translatedPage?tt=url&.intl=fr&text=http%3A//www.dlrp.fr&lp=fr_en

petitcrush_chantier11.jpg.cac17f4e60288799a1ddf4724926f9f5.jpg

Oooooh that DOES look like a shell, don't it? Thanks to dlrp.fr for this ride vehicle photo.

• 4 months later...

Bump.

Anybody seing any soft openings yet for Crush's Coaster and Race Rally?

I saw them testing RR out, on my visit back in mid-April. And pretty sure I saw a turtle shell or three whiz by, outside in that impressive rockwork they've created for 'the scene', lol.

I know that June 10th is the offical opening. But Disney soft opening things as they do....

Thought I'd ask.

• 1 month later...

REVIEW!!!!!

I was at DLP on the opening day and the park was full! I completely forgot it was the opening day and couldn't figure out why so many people where there! when they finally opened it was like a stampeed towards Crush's coaster. For most of the day it was a 3 hour wait, so I wait till later on in the day to ride it when it was only a 75 minute wait. Personally I didn't think it would be worth the wait but it ended up being a fantastic coaster!

I was a little disappointed with the queue line. The themeing was good but I was expecting more to be honest. I really liked the design of the cars though. Really added to the experience itself.

If my memory is correct, the beggining of the ride starts with the small drop outside the building then goes through a couple of rooms one being filled with the "Jellies." You then reach a lift-hill which is set in the ship where "Bruce" the shark takes Marlin and Dori for there party from the film. Bruce jumps out half-way up the lift-hill where I completely shat myself! (Don't laugh, I have a fear of sharks!!! Anyway at the top of the lift-hill Crush shouts "Grab Shell Dudes" enter the first drop. The ride from there on is brill! Very fast, intense and unpredictable. Was really shocked with how intense the was for a "little kids" coaster. Seemed a lot more like a family fun if not a thrill ride! It's A LOT better than SW at Alton Towers and was most definetly worth the wait! A great adition to the park!

It's not a very good review but if anyone has any Q's about the ride just ask!

Oh and was anyone else from TPR their? I'm sure I saw someone wearing a TPR shirt or a coaster shirt out of the corner of my eye.

[/u]