TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silverwood Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...

I was at the park on Sunday and they were just getting started on the supports for the 1st tower. They were also doing some things with the wires for the winch, not sure what exactly though.

From what I have heard from some higher ups at Silverwood, we are going to be flying in some higher up from SFGAm's rides department and lodging him at a hotel for about a month. He will be training the rides department for operating Aftershock, as well as training us in e-stop scenarios and other scenarios the GIB's have gone through.

In addition to that, once the track is complete, Vekoma should be arriving around the same time in order to begin work on installing Aftershock's new systems.

The power plant which will be built across the street from Aftershock still has not gone vertical yet, but I hear it should be going vertical soon.

There still is no word yet on the approximate opening date for Aftershock, and there are increasing rumors among employees that the ride will not open until August. More word on it's opening date as info comes in.

^^What new systems would these be?

Wish I knew what all it is, but all I have heard is that Aftershock will be completely rewired, it's computer(s) will be completely replaced, and other new systems will be installed.

I've also heard that Vekoma will be doing something about the retractible floor in the station which has supposedly been a problem. I'm assuming that all they will do is replace the floor and mechanisims that raise and lower it.

One other thing that I have heard is that we will get a random drop sequence. It's not confirmed, and it may only be a rumor started by a fellow employee to make Aftershock sound even more intresting. Basicly the random drop sequence is that during cycles, when being pulled up the 2nd lift, once the train reaches the top, it will either be released automaticly, or it will be held for 2 to 3 seconds before being released. From what I was told, Vekoma wants to give Aftershock the best of both versions, since certain GIB's drop immediately, and others are held. Honestly though, I think this is only a rumor. Sounds too good for Vekoma, and way too good for a GIB.

Another thing I wanted to mention is that I still havent seen the catch car mechanisms on site. There is the possibility that Vekoma has built completely new catch cars, to reduce the odds of miscatches, but I'm unsure about that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

According to Silverwood's website, Aftershock is now open!

http://www.silverwoodthemepark.com/coaster-opening.php

Fasten Your Seatbelts. . . Aftershock is OPEN!

Aftershock is finally here, the metal monster that will dominate the skies over Silverwood. This 191 foot tall beast is really two thrills in one, because not only does it take you forwards through a cobra roll and inverted loop at over 65 mph, but backwards as well!

Once you board, the cars will slowly move backwards up the starting tower until you’re staring straight at the ground at nearly 190 feet in the air. Then gravity will take over and pull you 177 feet straight down as you reach speeds of 65 miles per hour! You’ll twist and turn though mind-blowing loops and rolls until you reach the second tower. This time, you’ll be looking at the sky as the coaster pulls you upward at a 90 degree angle, only to release and send you barreling through the whole thing backwards!

Was anyone from TPR there for the opening?

--Robb

Am I the only one who thinks it looks out of place? It is so large, and with it's color scheme, it sticks out like a sore thumb. Even if it is repainted, it will probably still look out of place due to its size. I'd rather see an SLC than this, but I remember reading that Deja vu was sold for a cheap price, so it worked out well for the park.