TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Soft Drink

MSLSM

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note to those of you who drink regular Coke: if you visit a Mexican grocery store, you might find Coke made in Mexico. If you do, pick some up. See, what's different about it is that it's made with cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.

I don't know if Pepsi is the same way.

Eric

For those wondering why Revoultion and Supernova Mountain Dews are gone is that they were prototypes in a promotion for a new mountain dew drink. Voltage won the so called Dewmocracy promotion, stupid Voltage, I wanted Revoultion to win.

My favorite sodas are:

1. Mountain Dew

2. Coke

3. Cherry Pepsi

4. Vault

5. Sprite

I have many favorites, that's just narrowing it down to 5

Just a note to those of you who drink regular Coke: if you visit a Mexican grocery store, you might find Coke made in Mexico. If you do, pick some up. See, what's different about it is that it's made with cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.

EBL, that is great stuff! Lucky enough to have some this past spring. It tasted better to me than American Coke. Not sure if it rivaled American Pepsi, but it was very good.

My all time fave is Nitro Cola, which was around Nashville in 1993 and 94. Imagine Jolt, times ten, insanely sweet and you get the idea. Sure, you didn't blink the rest of the day and it hit you like a freight train, but so what? Yum!

"It tasted better to me than American Coke." (TheRapidsNerd)

That was how Coke was made before 1985. That's when they came out with the "New Coke," which was made with the high fructose corn syrup (HFCS). Remember that fiasco?

Then the public outcry: "OH NOEZ!!1 U CHANJED TEH COKE??2? NO WAE!1!! PUT IT BACK TEH WAE IT WUZ!!1" Alllll righty...so they came out with "Coke Classic," not as sweet, but still made with HFCS. For awhile, they sold it alongside the "new" Coke. Over time, "new" Coke went away and the "Classic" part of the name faded away. Then we were left with what we have now.

But in Mexico, they continue to use real sugar. Of course the corn industry swears it's chemically the same as sugar, but I have my doubts about that. It's all about saving money because HFCS is cheaper than sugar.

Eric

Ah, so that's it. I stock shelves at my Kroger and have wondered why they have special Spanish-labeled Coke (and in the international aisle, no less). I will have to give that a shot sometime.

EDIT: I suppose I can answer the topic question while I'm here...

1. IBC Root Beer

2. Jones Cream Soda (it tastes just like liquid cotton candy, and I like lots of sugar)

Of the cheaper stuff, I typically get Mountain Dew, or sometimes cherry Coke. Not a big cola fan.

--Luke

• 1 year later...