TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

If you do have to ride a train to get to one of the rides, I wonder how Universal will handle re-rides. Do you have a shortcut to do re-rides or will you have to ride the train again? I'd be interested to see how this is handled.

If you do have to ride a train to get to one of the rides, I wonder how Universal will handle re-rides. Do you have a shortcut to do re-rides or will you have to ride the train again? I'd be interested to see how this is handled.

Or, they could make a plaza so that people can ride it as many times as they want and leave whenever they please.

I've seen a few posts hoping that Dueling Dragons won't be much affected. And I'm sure that it won't. However, for me personally, as someone who's worked at nearly every ride in the park, Dragons is the first thing I would take out. Or, at the very least, seriously rework.

Why? Because, no matter how I arrange my visit, my positive guest experience and "park exploration ease" always comes to a screeching halt there.

Also, the park's big coaster experiences are far too similar to one another.

So, I say, TAER IT DOWN! And put in a hypercoaster instead.

Yes, I am serious.

No, I'm not trolling.

Yes, I will be flamed.

No, they won't actually do it.

But, yes, I would really like for them to.

Personally, I'd rather see Hulk replaced with a hyper. Sit down loopers are a dime a dozen. Although Hulk is one of the better ones, it's still not as good as Kumba. Other than the launch there's nothing that special about it. Dragons, on the other hand, is a very unique ride. I'd hate to see that go.

Hmmm.

The newspaper article about all of this FINALLY came out in one of today's (yawn) main newspapers.

Ho hum.

So "old-way-publicity"...

I've seen a few posts hoping that Dueling Dragons won't be much affected. And I'm sure that it won't. However, for me personally, as someone who's worked at nearly every ride in the park, Dragons is the first thing I would take out. Or, at the very least, seriously rework.

Why? Because, no matter how I arrange my visit, my positive guest experience and "park exploration ease" always comes to a screeching halt there.

Yes, I am serious.

No, I'm not trolling.

Yes, I will be flamed.

Personally, I'd rather see Hulk replaced with a hyper. Sit down loopers are a dime a dozen. Although Hulk is one of the better ones, it's still not as good as Kumba. Other than the launch there's nothing that special about it. Dragons, on the other hand, is a very unique ride. I'd hate to see that go.

Yes, I am serious.

No, I'm not trolling.

Yes, I will be flamed.

When I read posts like these it makes me wonder why I am even part of the coaster community. Ugh...

this is going to be simply amazing and i can just imagine that idead of lights all around DD's track and right before each train i light will fly as the train 'chases' it. Wonder how it will look if there is only one golden snitch and at each 'crossover' the snitch will look like it changes trains... now.. the great puzzle actually is if any of this made any sense at all...

Am I the only one who HATES Harry Potter and am bummed out they're going to wreck the Lost Continent for it?

I'm so mad right now. Why such a big section of park? I know it will make them loads of cash, but not everyone wants Harry Potter crammed down their throat.

It better be one hell of an "island."

Nope. If they do put it in I hope they don't replace LC (I don't know if there was a confirmation somewhere along the line, I'm not going to read 15 Pages of this)

^They are putting it in. Thaqt's the whole point of this thread...

The dragon entrance is still there in the concept art if you look at where you can see the coaster.

It will most likely become the 1st task from the 4th book.

this is going to be simply amazing and i can just imagine that idead of lights all around DD's track and right before each train i light will fly as the train 'chases' it. Wonder how it will look if there is only one golden snitch and at each 'crossover' the snitch will look like it changes trains... now.. the great puzzle actually is if any of this made any sense at all...

Not sure they will do that, but that's a great idea.

And if they do that will they make it so one side always wins or will it change randomly?

I for one am extremely excited about this news. I love the HP books. As far as them not having longetivity. I emphatically disagree. I'm 40 now and am getting ready to start reading them with my 7 yr old. When my little girl get to 7 I will begin reading them with her as well. Knowing them as well as I do. I can guarantee they will be chomping at the bit to read them with their kids 25+ years down the road. Right there you have 50 years of one familys fanbase. That says longevity to me.

As far as placement of the new Island is concerned. I will really reserve judgement until I see more details. I love DD, but have no issues with it being re-themed. It wont effect the ride. I personally hope to see 3 all new attractions, and think that the area through and behind Sinbad would be most logical for this.

Regardless, I am very excited about this news and can't wait to see how this area turns out.

I agree with Guy.Like I said before I'm 33 years old and I love the HP series of movies and books. I also love Star Wars,ever since I've been a little girl. And look, it just celebrated 30 years. People are discovering different things all the time. Look at Superman, he has been around for at least 50 years, right? Same thing with Spider-Man. I don't have children, but if I do I'll pass along my HP books to them to discover for themselves. Not everybody is going to be happy about this, but that's life. Also another question, I know the HP series is owned by Warner Bros Studios and The Simpsons are owned by 20th Century Fox Studios, how come Universal is putting in other studios characters and images in their theme parks? Could someone clear this up for me because sometimes I'm a dummy ! Thanks

The numbers (and posts like Guy's) don't lie: 325 million books sold plus 4 of the top-20 movies in alltime worldwide gross. And that's with a book and three movies to go.

I'd say this was a sound investment.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but there is no train going across to the parking lot. In fact nothing is going to be in that parking lot... except for cars. As mentioned Flying Unicorn and Dulling Dragons are going to be re themed, and the Sinbad show building is going to be gutted and thats where the Weasley family's Ford Anglia ride is going. There is going to be a train, but its only going to be a set piece. You can see it in the concept art just under the owls right wing.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but there is no train going across to the parking lot. In fact nothing is going to be in that parking lot... except for cars. As mentioned Flying Unicorn and Dulling Dragons are going to be re themed, and the Sinbad show building is going to be gutted and thats where the Weasley family's Ford Anglia ride is going. There is going to be a train, but its only going to be a set piece. You can see it in the concept art just under the owls right wing.

So then why in the Orlando Sentinel aritcle it said the new area would take up that parking lot on the other side of Dragons?

Where are you getting your information?

--Robb "Just curious." Alvey

I don't think the Sindbad Building is big enough to house that ride. Unless they gut it completely and add-on to the show building by taking up the space in the employee parking lot.

Which is what I think might happen. I mean..it sounds logical enough.

Nobody really knows what the ride is going to be like... the robotic arms could be stationary... kinda like the fast and furious thing at Universal in California (Even if they arn't stationary thats kinda what its going to be like). Don't forget how darn tall the building is.

OK this might sound really stupid but people keep mentioning that the dragon entrance to DD is visible on the concept art, but could somebody circle it or something because I can't see it at all!

I guess the real question is what will this do to Universal's attendance figures. Will it be enough to start to make a real dent in the large gap between Universal and Disney's attendance? And what will Disney do to respond to this significant competitive threat? Screamscape is already speculating that the response may involve both Star Wars and Indiana Jones.

I think the guests are going to be the real winners in all of this.