Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back when I worked at Knott's as an Xcel ride op:

Guest: "What happened to the other side?"

Me: "what do you mean?"

G: "The yellow side, oh well, it's never open anyway, guess you guys just put it up"

M: "Oh, you're refering to WindJammer, Yea that got scrapped 5 years ago".

G: "No, I just rode it last week on that that side!"

Sure thing random guy.

"There's a roller coaster on top of the tower in Seattle!"

Me:" No, that's in Las Vegas!"

"You are wrong, it's in Seattle, state of Washington!"

The only time I've been wrong about a coaster was when I was drunk and I thought that Six Flags Great Adventure had a Deja Vu clone.

Last summer I worked as a kind-of-a ride-op in go-kart tracks. There are height restrictions, and when there are restrictions, there are complaints. To be able to ride the smallest ones, you have to be 3 foot 6 tall. And what do the GP say, when their kid is too small:

1) We measured at home and I swear he's tall enough!

2) My child (usually son) has a hobby of driving go-karts. Why can't he drive here?!?

3) Why do you have to be so darn exact! I will complain about you to your boss!

The funniest thing about answer 2, is that the go-karts there are rubbish. If their child has a go-kart of his/her own, then WHY don't you go home to drive it?

(Anyway, I liked my job.)

While waiting in line for Demon at SFGAM, someone said one of the trains got stuck on one of the loops. When his friend asked how they fixed it, he said they put a Raging Bull train on Demon, sent it through and it hit the car and finished the ride.

While waiting for Raging Bull someone said that it used to have a loop on it, but they took it out when someone fell out of the car.

At Mt. Olympus while waiting for Opa, a teenage girl said it used to have no restraints but someone fell out while it was spinning so they put on restraints from an old coaster thats gone. When her friend asked what coaster she said Tidal Wave. I said that was from Six Flags and she said they had one here that was only open for a month becuase 52 people died on it. She was stupid.

While me and a friend were walking out to Paradise Pier at DCA a lady asked us if we knew where Zac Efron was. I looked at her funny and said "what?" And the she replied with "Well I saw the High School Musical thing going on."

I guess the goth and the rocker are supposed to somehow be friends/know Zac Efron???

^^^I find that clip interesting for several reasons

*The reporter called the vertical loop a "Loop-de-loop"

*23 alleged people were stuck, one was interviewed, which leads me to believe they just found the one lady who freaked out the most

*At no point did the dialogue explicitly say that riders were in any danger, that it was a deadly situation, or that safety was not present, but the tone and implicity of the report would have you believe otherwise.

^^^I find that clip interesting for several reasons

*The reporter called the vertical loop a "Loop-de-loop"

*23 alleged people were stuck, one was interviewed, which leads me to believe they just found the one lady who freaked out the most

*At no point did the dialogue explicitly say that riders were in any danger, that it was a deadly situation, or that safety was not present, but the tone and implicity of the report would have you believe otherwise.

1 - Many people in the General Public call these elements verticals, it was even more prevalent 10 years ago.

2 - The girl interviewed didn't seem very freaked out to me.

3 - Hanging upside down for a prolonged time can cause serious health problems, varies by person. If you have never noticed, newscasts tend to be sensationalistic because unfortunately that is the type of news to which a majority of the public reacts.

I'm sure most of you have encountered GP like this, but I hate the GP that insist on arguing with you about where a certain ride is. This kid at my school was asking me, "Have you been on Supreme Scream at Six Flags?" and I replied back saying, "I don't think there is a Supreme Scream at Six Flags. It's at Knott's." and the kid just keeps saying "No, I'm pretty sure it's at Six Flags." About half way through the conversation I just gave up, saying "Oh, well I just don't remember then." It's so annoying...

Last summer I worked as a kind-of-a ride-op in go-kart tracks. There are height restrictions, and when there are restrictions, there are complaints. To be able to ride the smallest ones, you have to be 3 foot 6 tall. And what do the GP say, when their kid is too small:

1) We measured at home and I swear he's tall enough!

2) My child (usually son) has a hobby of driving go-karts. Why can't he drive here?!?

3) Why do you have to be so darn exact! I will complain about you to your boss!

The funniest thing about answer 2, is that the go-karts there are rubbish. If their child has a go-kart of his/her own, then WHY don't you go home to drive it?

(Anyway, I liked my job.)

Thats awesome, I wish someone complained to my boss that I was following the rules at the water park I work at. Occasionally last season, i would lt someone on if they were near the height requirement, but there is a huge difference between water slides and coasters. In fact, if weight distribution was not an issue, would there be any need to have a height limit on slides? I see the need for people who weigh too much to not be let on, but is height even an issue in any way?

On Ninja at SFOG many years ago

(To a ride op on the lift hill) Why dont you let us roll back down the hill?

(Ride Op) If I do that, you all will die

On Manta Today

1. Why are they making us ride in the barf position?

2. There are 4 trains with 9 rows of four

3.(during the technical difficulties)Well, i'm glad it got stuck here and not upside down where they couldnt get to us...