TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags 2017 New Ride Predictions

Bring back Dick Kinzel!! If Ouimet had been in charge of Cedar Fair earlier, rides like Talon, i305, Patriot, Goldstriker, Prowler, etc probably wouldnt exist.

Oh, HELL NO!!! The parks were dying under Kinzel's watch. He was stuck in the 80's when running the parks (whereas Six Flags was using the latest technology to help move the parks forward). Matt Ouimet came in and did things that Kinzel would never have done therefore bringing the parks up to where they can be more competitive.

Six Flags may get picked on for various reasons but they are willing to try something new. We have yet to see CF use RMC 's services or put in an S&S 4D Free Fly. Cedar Fair is usually more conservative, using their 2017 announcements as an example. I get it that SF is more thrill oriented, that appears to be their niche compared to CF.

I'm not expecting anything mind blowing from Six Flags' announcement but I always like it when they announce something totally unexpected.

BTW under Kinzel Fury 325 would have been Fury 306 and not receive the praise the ride has been receiving.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring back Dick Kinzel!! If Ouimet had been in charge of Cedar Fair earlier, rides like Talon, i305, Patriot, Goldstriker, Prowler, etc probably wouldnt exist.

Oh, HELL NO!!! The parks were dying under Kinzel's watch. He was stuck in the 80's when running the parks (whereas Six Flags was using the latest technology to help move the parks forward). Matt Ouimet came in and did things that Kinzel would never have done therefore bringing the parks up to where they can be more competitive.

Hmmmmmm, Kinzel was stuck in the 80's? Yet he was responsible for green lighting some of the most iconic rides of the 2000's (Millennium Force, TTD, i305, and some say Fury 325 was conceived while he was still with the company). What exactly has Ouimet done that is forward thinking? Everything has been safe and done in the past. People also don't give Kinzel credit for buying the Paramount parks. Yes it was problematic in the beginning, but now that it's had time to flourish the Cedar Fair brand has become incredibly profitable. People credit and praise Ouimet for this, but it was Kinzel's vision.

Also not sure how parks were "dying" under Kinzel. All regional parks were having trouble during the recession, that time period just so happened to coincide with the end of Kinzel's stint.

Hopefully a mod can change the title to just Six Flags Predictions, as I did think there might as well be a forum to discuss them, as there wasn't already. Yeah, their additions tend to be a lot more similar than Cedar Fair's, but guessing what clone goes where, can be half the fun! It's like one of those quizzes where you're given the answer words, you just need to match them with the right spot!

America - Jester's Wild Ride (relocated from Great America)

Discovery Kingdom - Giant Discovery (No idea for them... Just a shot in the dark)

Fiesta Texas - Intamin Wooden Coaster off of the canyon wall where the 2017 attraction was teased.

Great Adventure - Justice League

Great America - S&S "4D" Free Fly

Great Escape - Another year of the Michigan's Adventure treatment...

La Ronde - Massive attention paid to painting, and updating entire park (The most "yeah, right!" prediction of them all!)

Magic Mountain - Justice League and new DC Themed area

Mexico - S&S "4D" Free Fly

New England - S&S "4D" Free Fly

Over Georgia - Justice League

Over Texas - Larson Loop

St. Louis - S&S "4D" Free Fly

-Obviously, it seems unlikely that there will be four "4D" installations added, but I would think by 2018 the four listed will have theirs. For 2017, New England is a sure thing, and I think Great America is a sound bet as well.

-The long awaited second Intamin woodie is a complete wild card guess, simply because it seems to me that SFFT will add a wooden coaster next. That's probably not what's going there, but hey, what's the fun of making predictions if you can't dream big with some of them!

-SFOT is rumored for a "4D" as well, but that seems unlikely to me. The Larson Loop guess is simply because they don't have one, so why not?

Honestly, unless 5 parks are actually getting Free Flys this year, there is a bit of uncertainty still left regarding some SF parks, when you actually sit down to predict them. As such, this does seem like a worthy thread, at least as much as any prediction thread is worthy!

The Larson Superloop for Over Texas is probably not gonna happen. They have said that they do not want one.

Based on the teaser today, it looks like you may be incorrect!

Hmmmmmm, Kinzel was stuck in the 80's? Yet he was responsible for green lighting some of the most iconic rides of the 2000's (Millennium Force, TTD, i305, and some say Fury 325 was conceived while he was still with the company). What exactly has Ouimet done that is forward thinking? Everything has been safe and done in the past. People also don't give Kinzel credit for buying the Paramount parks. Yes it was problematic in the beginning, but now that it's had time to flourish the Cedar Fair brand has become incredibly profitable. People credit and praise Ouimet for this, but it was Kinzel's vision.

Yes, but it's not all about the iconic rides! Theme parks can't, and don't just target our demographic. What is wrong with announcing additions that A) target the family demographic and / or B) improve the park's infrastructure?

Hmmmmmm, Kinzel was stuck in the 80's? Yet he was responsible for green lighting some of the most iconic rides of the 2000's (Millennium Force, TTD, i305, and some say Fury 325 was conceived while he was still with the company). What exactly has Ouimet done that is forward thinking? Everything has been safe and done in the past.

Yeah, and Ouimet did a lot of really basic, common sense things well. The stock price is dramatically up since he took over, and that's not an accident. Kinzel had a great mentality for a specific time period and now that times and the industry changed, he didn't change with it.

People also don't give Kinzel credit for buying the Paramount parks. Yes it was problematic in the beginning, but now that it's had time to flourish the Cedar Fair brand has become incredibly profitable. People credit and praise Ouimet for this, but it was Kinzel's vision.

Kinzel's vision tried to get Cedar Fair sold for $11.50 a share to a private equity firm. They'd probably be flopping around right now like SEAS if that had happened.

Since the announcement is tomorrow, does anyone have any last minute predictions?

Yes. I predict that many enthusiasts will feel entitled and butt hurt at the same time.

I would hope enthusiasts would have lowered their expectations of Six Flags by now, but you're probably right!

Since the announcement is tomorrow, does anyone have any last minute predictions?

Yes. I predict that many enthusiasts will feel entitled and butt hurt at the same time.

Yeah after announced I'll stay away from this thread!

Can't be worse than Cedar Fair's additions.... In My Opinion.

Can't be worse than Cedar Fair's additions.... In My Opinion.

Well, for the kinds of attractions that I am going to ride when I go to a park, I feel fairly confident that I will like the majority of SF's announcements more than the majority of CF's announcements.

Does anyone know what time tomorrow the announcements will be released? Thanks.

The a** crack of dawn per usual.

I want to say 5AM

Hey! Just in time for me to wake up and read them before heading down to Cedar Point for the day! I'm going to have a lot of reading here to get caught up on when I get back. Or, I can just skip to the last page of the SF threads, and avoid all the complaining...

Yes! The SFMM thread is a must visit tomorrow, if you want to see a bunch of passive aggressive fun!

Okay so with Screamscape's new leaks I figured I'd take a crack at this...

America - The leaked name is "Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth", sounds like a new model Enterprise to me.

Discovery Kingdom - See above, same leak.

Fiesta Texas - Mack Power Splash, the leaked name is "Thunder Rapids"

Great Adventure - Justice League

Great America - Larson Loop... go cry about it

Great Escape - Something stupid like a Disk-O or East River Crawler from Great America

La Ronde - The leaked name is "Titan" but I think this will be an incredibly underwhelming addition like a Larson Loop.

Magic Mountain - Justice League

Mexico - S&S "4D" Free Fly

New England - S&S "4D" Free Fly

Over Georgia - Justice League

Over Texas - Larson Loop

St. Louis - Disk-O

I predict SFOT will receive both a Larson Loop and a Disk'O to enhance their ever growing flat ride collection. Also, to me, Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth, sounds like it could be a Zamperla Endeavor ride.

I wonder if any other SF park's will be getting a Zamperla Giant Discovery like the one SFOT received.