TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Single element with the most dropped items

As I am sitting here watching people's cell phones fly away on SFMM Goliath's third hill, I suddenly want to know, which coaster in your home/favorite park claims the most lost items from silly guests? And specifically which element in that coaster? Are coasters with inversions more likely to claim your stuff, or do non-inverting rides catch people with their guard down?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbS3M0KsN28

I should mention this, although most here don't need reminding: DON'T BRING LOOSE ITEMS ON COASTERS! Something as small as a cell phone could cause serious injury when it's flying through a theme park full of kids and people at 60 mph

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think steep lifts are worse for my pockets. Also have issues with Intimidator 305 seats push stuff around in your pockets, wrapping around up the side often below your stuff. I once didn't realize I had my phone and heard something that sounded like a cell phone hitting the floor and managed to keep my foot on it.

Also managed to lose something on Shockwave ... so my second answer is ejector turns

Came in here to post El Toro and Hydra, too late. I've lost track of how many times I've been waiting for Toro and watched something come flying off a train. The thing rips womens weaves out.

Honorable mention: S:UF pretzel loop.

Also, I wonder how many cell phones are at the bottom of the creek under Skyrush.

To this day I still see people lose items on I305, usually on the two airtime hills.

Also, I wonder how many cell phones are at the bottom of the creek under Skyrush.

I was wondering the same thing about Anaconda this year when I saw a cellphone fall out into Lake Charles as it went through the corkscrew. Those inversions have quite the hangtime.

Pretzel loops on B&M Flying coasters. Don't even know how many times I've seen objects go flying when you hit the top of the loop with the floater air.

True.

And while slower inversions hangtime providing inversions like hydra's jojo roll are also good ones generally people, when riding a coaster that "goes upside down", will be a little more careful when in reality inversions like loops are not that likely to make you lose stuff. On the other hand many non inverting coasters that have airtime moments will make people lose their items (I'm thinking about one ride on nitro when as we were going over the hill after the hammerhead turn a bunch of coins flew out of someone's pocket and one of them hit me in the head)

I'd say 90% of RMC coasters entire layout's minus the brake run and lift hill. The amount of crazy negative forces on those rides are insane. Which makes me wonder:

Has anyone here lost, or seen someone lose a loose article on an RMC coaster??

I'd say 90% of RMC coasters entire layout's minus the brake run and lift hill. The amount of crazy negative forces on those rides are insane. Which makes me wonder:

Yep. The number of lanyards and things that have flown up off the front end of WC's train (and often caught by the back) is astonishing.

I can attest.

Rode NTaG a couple years back as my first RMC. I've never ever had to even think about losing my wallet out of my back pocket on a coaster before, but during my 7th or 8th ride I saw it go flying into the row ahead of me on an airtime hill. Thank god it bounced into the guy next to me's lap and he grabbed it and gave it back. I flew back home a few hours after that and wouldn't have made it through security without it!

Love that ride.

I've seen some stuff go flying from Lightning Run's airtime hills while on the ride, but the most memorable one was a kid who wore a necklace with keys on it (which I assume were his way to get into his house). It rose from his neck and flew off on the first airtime hill. He panicked the rest of the ride, and had to make a sad phone call afterwards.

Came in here to post El Toro and Hydra, too late. I've lost track of how many times I've been waiting for Toro and watched something come flying off a train. The thing rips womens weaves out.

Honorable mention: S:UF pretzel loop.

LOL at Skyrush's creek, there is at least one phone from my household in there. Boyfriend had it in a buttoned cargo pocket and lost it during the element right after the first drop. It whipped out and flew right past my head but I couldn't grab it in time. He now puts stuff in my zippered fanny pack!