TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your 5 year plan and predictions for any park

Darien Lake:

2016: ProSlide Kracken slides in the old SplashTown entrance area and a new kids/family water playground to replace Hook's Lagoon

2017: Demolition of the Floodgate Falls,the 'Cuda Falls hill, and the Thunder Rapids tunnel for a new coaster

2018: Corn Popper and Sleigh Ride removed for new flat rides

2019: Nothing

2020: Nothing

Edited by DarienLaker

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playland(PNE), my home park. I imagine...

2016 - Nothing.

2017 - Nothing.

2018 - Park suddenly buys back newly done sports areas, created from the ashes of the original Empire Stadium!

Legalities ensue BigTime, but in this fairy tale coaster world, We Win! and the whole thing gets ploughed up.

2019 - "New Section" of the park opens with an all-circling coaster, a MegaLite, that riders get an over all view

of the progress that's going on, "on the other side of Coaster". It also passes over the main entrance of

Playland, and on around the original park area.

2020 - The Other Side is finished and ready to open to the public, with a pretty impressive attractions lineup...

...and then I wake up!!! Grrrrrrr.

If things go my way:

SFSTL:

2017: RMC Boss

2018: Hurricane Harbor Expansion

2019: New Show/Removal of Ninja

2020: Eurofighter coaster or hyper

2021: 50th year celebration/ addition of an epic roller coaster

I find your's pretty good HOWEVER, I think the coaster addition after whatever RMC they get would be a little while after the 50th anniversary, people seem to forget that a park's anniversary does not demand a big new ride, it's just a number and looking at how it's been almost 10 years since AT....

If things go my way:

SFSTL:

I find your's pretty good HOWEVER, I think the coaster addition after whatever RMC they get would be a little while after the 50th anniversary, people seem to forget that a park's anniversary does not demand a big new ride, it's just a number and looking at how it's been almost 10 years since AT....

Well, we just have to wait and find out! It could be a clone of the Joker from SFGADV

Alton Towers. This list will be very accurate.

Year 1: New "World's First" attraction

Year 2: New "World's First" attraction

Year 3: New "World's First" attraction

Year 4: New "World's First" attraction

Year 5: New "World's First" attraction

I'm pretty sure this will happen. Because it's Alton Towers and it has tons of "World's First" attractions.

And one for Thorpe, why not?

2017: New batch of family attractions, the park seriously needs more family rides. Close Slammer the whole year to restore it, so it doesn't break down every five minutes. Logger's Leap reopens.

2018: Slammer reopens. Rumba Rapids removed. Family coaster built in its space. If the family coaster fits without having to remove RR, keep it. Colossus gets lap bars.

2019: Not-So-Stealthy now gets an inverting top hat and is renamed . Angry Birds Land gets rethemed, with a kiddie ride package thrown in.

2020: Entrance gets re-done. General park improvements.

2021: Wooden coaster/RMC announced. New thrilling flat ride. Flying Fish rethemed.

If things go my way:

SFSTL:

Well, we just have to wait and find out! It could be a clone of the Joker from SFGADV

I heard they won't RMC Boss due to cost and how long it is. IN addition, they're retracking a lot this off season....I feel like if they were to RMC the whole thing, they wouldn't have done any costly re-tracking this off season

If things go my way:

SFSTL:

I heard they won't RMC Boss due to cost and how long it is. IN addition, they're retracking a lot this off season....I feel like if they were to RMC the whole thing, they wouldn't have done any costly re-tracking this off season

Where did you hear that?

If things go my way:

SFSTL:

Where did you hear that?

It was discussed at length in the SFStL thread....someone brought it up to the former President, Dave Rohmer. Sucks.

Kings Dominion:

2017: B&M Hyper to replace dinosaurs alive and (hopefully) hurler

2018: Probably something planet snoopy related

2019: new shows probably

2020: I don't know lol

2021: A coaster of some sort, I'm not going to guess what because who knows who they will be working with at this point.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

1. New kiddie coaster to up count

2. Lame cheap and short coaster to up count

3. Another new kiddie coaster to up count

4. Good roller coaster to finally give SFMM fans something they want

5. kiddie coaster to up count

Six Flags Magic Mountain

1. New kiddie coaster to up count

2. Lame cheap and short coaster to up count

3. Another new kiddie coaster to up count

4. Good roller coaster to finally give SFMM fans something they want

5. kiddie coaster to up count

This seems accurate. Although both Full Throttle and Twisted Colossus are high quality coasters IMO..

At least they no longer have a long-time SBNO Flashback to up their coaster count.

Six Flags Great America

2017: Premier Sky Rocket II or Bourbon St. Fireball in Ragin Cajun spot

2018: Park improvements, removal of Dark Knight

2019: HH expansion & improvements

2020: B&M Dive Coaster in Dark Knight spot (around Oblivion:BH size)

2021: Park improvements again (45 years)

My home park- Dollywood

2017- Not much maybe an upgrade to the shows and a few minor things

2018- Park expansion into the train loop with shops and a family ride

2019- New thrill ride possibly a drop tower. I hope the bad taste of timber tower is gone by now

2020- New coaster with a few world's firsts also Tennessee Tornado removal

2021- A family ride and upgrades to county fair

^ Cuda Falls is all that guy has, it seems.

SF GAdv:

2017: Justice League

2018: RMC T-Rex in old Chiller spot

2019: new parking lot

2020: removal of Bizarro

2021: B&M Dive Machine in Bizarro's old spot

Edited by Genx24

My home park- Dollywood

2017- Not much maybe an upgrade to the shows and a few minor things

2018- Park expansion into the train loop with shops and a family ride

2019- New thrill ride possibly a drop tower. I hope the bad taste of timber tower is gone by now

2020- New coaster with a few world's firsts also Tennessee Tornado removal

2021- A family ride and upgrades to county fair

I highly doubt the removal of Tennessee Tornado is going to happen (at least not for decades) it is one of the latest built Arrow custom loopers, and widely considered to be the smoothest. The park has plenty of room to expand in other areas (more than most people think) if anything, they should extend the ride. I know thats just your prediction though, no harm in that. It would just truly be a sad day if it came to pass.

Not a park, but a company.

Six Flags

Year 1: Add a Larson Stupidloop and call them "roller coasters". Even if a park already has one, add another one.

Year 2: RMC all the wooden coasters. ALL OF THEM.

Year 3: Add a 240ft SkyScreamer at all parks and call them "drop towers". Even if a park already has one, add another one.

Year 4: Add an S&S 4D Free Fly coaster and call them either "The Joker" or "Batman: The Ride" at every park. Even if a park already has one, add another one.

Year 5: Retheme ALL kid's areas to "Loony Tunes Land". Even if a park already has a kid's area themed to Looney Tunes, add another one. Add a Flying Scooters ride. Even if a park already has one, well, ADD ANOTHER ONE.

Not a park, but a company.

Six Flags

Year 1: Add a Larson Stupidloop and call them "roller coasters". Even if a park already has one, add another one.

Year 2: RMC all the wooden coasters. ALL OF THEM.

Year 3: Add a 240ft SkyScreamer at all parks and call them "drop towers". Even if a park already has one, add another one.

Year 4: Add an S&S 4D Free Fly coaster and call them either "The Joker" or "Batman: The Ride" at every park. Even if a park already has one, add another one.

Year 5: Retheme ALL kid's areas to "Loony Tunes Land". Even if a park already has a kid's area themed to Looney Tunes, add another one. Add a Flying Scooters ride. Even if a park already has one, well, ADD ANOTHER ONE.

Cedar Point:

Year 1: Valravn opens. The #AwesomeBoat comes back.

Year 2: The boat gets its own flat ride, a looping pirate ship. Call it "Capsize".

Year 3: The boat gets its own 4th Dimensional Coaster. Call it "Boats: 4D Adventure".

Year 4: The boat gets its own 4D cinema. Call it "Boats: 4D Adventure #2".

Year 5: Mean Streak gets RMC'd. Give it a theme to the boat. Call it "Boat Ride".