TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ride that Makes You (a bit) Sick

Personally, coasters and flat rides never really make me feel dizzy/nauseous- I once rode a Top Spin 5 times in one day.

On the other hand,Tatsu always makes me feel a bit sick; Because of slow loading, if the ride is running 2 trains, after your ride you end up waiting outside the station in the flying position for what feels like forever. I am always relieved when the seats flip down to upright position.

Are there any rides that make you just a bit (or a lot) sick?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other day I rode an Enterprise that made me pretty dizzy, which honestly kinda bummed me out but at the same time, I wasnt necessarily nauseous...just had the spins for a while.

Theres only one ride to this day that has made me feel physically ill, though...Ecstacy at Wiener Prater. What an awesome yet miserable experience.

Spinning flats, can ride roller coasters till the cows come home but spinning flats make me feel blah, also, some swinging ships.

I totally agree with this. I can handle the most extreme roller coaster...but put me on a Tilt a Whirl, and I will hurl. But on the other hand....I really love swinging ships, as long as they do not go upside down. Those ones just hang upside down too long, and I end up with a headache.

Swinging ships and Huss frisbees consistently make me feel queasy. The rocking motion does me in. Oddly enough, the frisbees that rely more on swinging than spinning (KMG, Moser, & Chance Morgan) don't make me nauseous at all and are amazing rides.

Excessive headbanging can make me feel nauseous. One ride won't do it, but riding a SLC and a boomerang back to back can make me a bit sick.

I stay away from Spinning flats and swinging ships. I learned my lesson on both of them. My last trip to Magic Mountain which was over 20 years, I rode the Buccaneer and I was so sick. That Six Flags took me to their emergency room in the back of their park.

As for coasters, Out of the 60 to 70 coasters I have ridden. Only one has made me sick and that was Superman - Ride Of Steel which is now known as Bizarro. However, The reason why I think I threw up on that ride was that I ate about 30 minutes before the ride which I normally don't do.

Most flats will make me think twice about a second ride. What I find even more weird is I have a threshold for inversions. 7 or more on a coaster and I need to take it easy for a bit after riding, yet I can lap a 6 inversion coaster countless times with no issue.

I find that my feeling sick on a ride is rarely to do with the coaster itself and more to do with the circumstances surrounding it.

Though I have been sick from a coaster, I have felt very nauseous.

The worst one ever was Temple of the Nighthawk at Phantasialand. It's an indoor coaster with poor (read: no) air-conditioning, and I rode it during a hot summer day. The lack of airflow, the pitch black and the gentle motion of the long ride made me very bad. Thing is though, I had ridden it earlier that day and had no ill effect.

Black Mamba at Phantasialand has also made me feel ill, but that was a ride at the end of a long, hot day having been up since 5am (I had started said day in the UK, flew to Germany, checked into the hotel AND had a day at the park since then). I discovered that what made me feel ill was not so much the rollercoaster but the heat and low sun angle in the sky (rushing past buildings made the light 'flash' a lot in my eyes, giving a minor epileptic effect). Subsequently ridden this with no problems at other times of the day.

I have felt a bit ill from spinning flat rides, and as a rule I don't go on them at all.

Manta at SeaWorld Orland made me feel quite rough due to the pretzel loop combined with the high-heat.

Batman clones and Nemesis Inferno are two coasters that come to mind that have made me very dizzy when I arrive into the breakrun.

Spinning coasters but dependent upon the weight distribution. Han Katten at BonBon Land made me very dizzy yet I rode Tornado at Bakken several times and felt fine each time apart from the final lap and I came of feel extremely dizzy and sick. Amazing how the rider combination can affect a ride so much.

In terms of flatrides, I normally stay far away from rides that spin but I have made a rule for myself at new parks, which is if the park has a flat spinny ride that I have never ridden before then I will push myself to ride it at least once. This is what made me ride the inverted twist ride at Happy Valley, some of the chinese knockoff rides at Victory Kingdom, Kieppi at Linnanmaki and a nasty looking spinning ride at Sarkkanniemi.

However, I did ride Kieppi twice and I felt absolutely fine both times which surprised me.

I pretty much have a stomach of steel when it comes to rides. The only ride that makes me a bit nervous is Mission Space. I've never gotten ill on it, but I figure it is the closest I come.

I still ride it every time I am at Epcot, because it's great fun.

Coasters are never an issue for me. Any flat rides that spin are definitely not for me. The most sick I've gotten is on Wipeout at KBF. This is why the park only runs it in "Short" mode. "Long" mode was 1: Making too many people sick and 2: Putting too much stress on the rides hydraulic system as it had to stop mid-cycle and switch directions. I loved operating it but wouldn't step foot on it. It's the devil.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

• 2 months later...