TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How Old Are You & What Was Your 1st Coaster?

How old Are You Now?  

1,321 members have voted

1. 1. How old Are You Now?

• 12 - 15
    • 16 - 18
    • 19 - 21
    • 22 - 25
    • 26 - 30
    • 31 - 35
    • 36 - 40
    • 41 - 45
    • 46 - 50
    • 51 - 55
    • 56+

I think I was 14 or 15 and I rode the Scorpion. When I was in high school, I was in the Latin Club. Every year on our way to an annual competition, we'd stop by Busch Gardens before arriving at the school sponsoring the competition. I remember BG had 2 roller coasters then -- the Python and the Scorpion. The Sandstorm and the Phoenix was there too. Boy have times changed!

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was 9 and my first coaster was Jr. Gemini at Cedar Point. The very next year I rode my first looping coaster, which was Corkscrew at Deer Park Funland, which is known today as Michigan's Adventure.

Dragon Wagon at Blackbeards Cave. On 8/16/1998, My 4th Birthday. YAY!

p8891.jpg.f52e8c7b73ff7fb37ab221064d97875a.jpg

OMG! Just as I was typing this, I had a flashback to the day I rode it! The ride went around 2 out of 3 times before the Ride Op stopped the ride due to 2 teenagers in the front hitting the tree in the helix. They then got ejected from the park. It was fun to watch.

I'm 29 and my first coaster is a bit of a mystery. It was either Toboggan (with its ahead of its time vertical lift!) at Trimper's at Ocean City, MD or Scooby Doo Coaster at Kings Dominion. And I do know that I was 8 when I rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disney World but I have no clue which of these rides came first.

I'll go with Toboggan b/c it's the coolest of the three:

• 2 weeks later...

My first coaster was Shooting Star (John Allen out-and-back) at the now-closed Lakeside Park in Salem, VA. I was about 6, and was slightly below the height limit, but I put up such a fuss that the ride op let me ride, as long as my mom went with me. Big mistake.

The car only had a buzz-bar (I don't remember if it even had a seat belt), and my mom kept her hand on my shoulders because I kept coming so far off the seat on the drops. I was terrified and had nightmares for years where I flew out of the car, landed on the track with the train barreling down on me, and always woke up just before impact.

It was another 6 years before I'd have the courage to go on my next coaster (Whizzer at Marriot's Great America in Gurnee).

I'm almost 7 months old, my first coaster was a few weeks ago in Japan!

Probably the only member under 13 who actually has parental consent to be here. BTW I did not know she had a profile.

The I'm almost tied in credits with someone who cant read(but apparently can type) Ghost

^

OMG U went on Volcano when you were 5 . I went to SFMM when I was six and went on every other coaster I was tall enough for besides superman. And Volcanoes more intense than superman, all superman has is speed.

I'm impressed as that is an epic first big coaster, and Im guessing the only reason you waited is you were not tall enough.