TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How Old Are You & What Was Your 1st Coaster?

How old Are You Now?  

1,321 members have voted

1. 1. How old Are You Now?

• 12 - 15
    • 16 - 18
    • 19 - 21
    • 22 - 25
    • 26 - 30
    • 31 - 35
    • 36 - 40
    • 41 - 45
    • 46 - 50
    • 51 - 55
    • 56+

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 now and the first coaster I really remember riding is Corkscrew at Alton Towers (Rust In Pieces) in 1988ish. Pretty sure I must have been on some wacky worms or other kiddie coasters before that on visits to the seaside etc but I have no real recollection of those.

13 as of now, and I think my first major coaster was either the Wild Cat or the Coaster Thrill Ride, both at the Puyalup Fair in Western Washington.

I'm sure most people know about your typical Wildcat ride, but I have a couple of pics to give you an idea about CTR.

100_1173-640x480.jpg.6bccb910edc333bfb687b9eaa256b614.jpg

They name the trains. The yellow one's called Ol' Yeller. I forgot the name of the one that was parked, though...

100_1168-640x480.jpg.1e1c3a1698e0b64a1200b650a9a1bf06.jpg

CTR is the fair's woodie. Not bad, a great beginner with some airtime for

more fun!

The first roller coaster I remember was thunder mountain when I was like 5 but I may have had a traumatic experience with Matterhorn when I was younger. I still find that to be the scariest ride in the world and am still slightly scared of the yeti. My first looper was revolution at SFMM.

So 29% of TPR is 12-15 and fully half are 18 and under?

29% and half of the people that volunteered to take the survey, which is a self-selected group. The "proper" way to conduct is a survey is to randomly select people to participate in it. It's entirely possible that old people, like Jeff Johnson, are less likely to respond to an open survey like this.

My first coaster was the corkscrew at the now gone Myrtle Beach Pavillion in 1997 and I was 7 years old. I rode with my grandpa. Then I went and rode the red Galaxi right beside it. If anyone remembes these rides or has any pictures of them I would like to see a copy please.

Rodney

I'm 16, and I don't remember what my absolute first coaster was, but my first major coaster was Ghostrider, which my mom dragged me on when I was 6. I cried the whole way. My first looper was the wonderful, headache-inducing Windjammer at Knotts when I was around 8. Needless to say, it kept me off looping coasters until my 13th birthday when I decided to go on Silver Bullet.