TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Longest queue line

Sorry if this topic is already a thing but what ride has the longest queue line not longest queue time. This could be a ride which spends the majority of the queue time walking up to the ride itself. Thirteen at Alton towers has a pretty long queue line.

What ride do you think is the longest?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The old Dueling Dragons.

Didn't Batman: The Ride at one of the SF parks (maybe SFStL) have an even longer queue than the other B:TRs?

Batman at SFOG has an unnecessarily long queue. The entirety of the space underneath the station, holding block, and switch track is occupied by switchbacks. With two trains, it's about a 4-hour wait when the entire queue is full. Not only that, but then there's the Gotham City park section, which weaves between Batman and Mindbender.

Goliath at the same park has a ridiculous amount of switchbacks as well. The thing is, there have been days when all of those switchbacks are used! I'll take my fast pass, please.

Also, a lot of the Universal Studios rides (Ripsaw Falls comes to mind) have extremely long queues.

I think the reason American Eagle is so long is because it's behind every other ride, and there's no really good way of getting from the County Fair midway to the station without weaving around rides and stuff.

Definitely American Eagle from what I've ridden. Because of the sheer length of the walkup, each side only has one set of swtichbacks, and usually they aren't needed.

Thunderation's is probably one of the most tedious with those unavoidable switchbacks going down the hill.

Indiana Jones Adventure (and Space Mountain to a lesser extent) at DL have long queue lines, especially considering that Space's indoor queue is never full while the crowds are held in the switchbacks outside.

I also remember Alpengeist having a long and confusing queue, which we didn't need at all because it was a station wait both days we were there.

While it's now (thankfully) gone, Rocket Rods deserves a mention for having a long line. The normal queuing area took up the entire CircleVision building, filled to the brim with switchbacks. Even then that wasn't really enough, since the queue often spilled outside the building on even the slowest of days.

Silver Bullet at KBF has tons and tons of switchbacks that are almost never used. The only time it would ever fill up would be Saturday on a holiday weekend with one train running. As long as two trains are running, I've never seen more than 4 rows of the first section of switchbacks filled.

And let's don't forget "Viper" at Six Flags Great America....not for the station queue, but that exit line is WAY longer than the ride itself....

I try to be the first person thru the exit turnstile, only because I am a fast walker and there's nothing worse than trying to get off of a ride and be saddled behind some shuffling peeps meandering, when all I want to do is get to the next ride.