TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Went to the park again today. It was a brief visit (Only two and a half hours!) but I was able to get Coast Rider, Xcellerator, Montezooma, and Silver Bullet (2x) in.

Something freaky happened to me on SB. On the top of the loop right after the first drop, the shoulder restraint lock gave and went up a bit! It wasn't much of an issue as the seatbelt lock was on and I pulled it back down, but that was a bit startling.

Don't work Bullet, but I've had this happen to me before. I think it might have to do with the restraint being halfway between two positions on the locking mechanism. I'll let maintenance know just in case.

I'm probably going to get a KBF season pass for next year as well. My park visit this year was so amazing that I just really wanna go back and visit over and over again.

I'm with you on that one. Bought my season pass in October and I have been 3 times so far and and it's not even 2014 yet

It seems like the Entertainment Team at KBF is excited for New Year's.

https://www.knotts.com/images/news/2013%20KNott%27s%20Berry%20Farm%20New%20Years%20Eve.pdf

KNOTT’S IS READY TO PARTY ON NEW YEAR’S EVE

New entertainment includes Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies

and a dramatic midnight countdown with fireworks

BUENA PARK, CA – The countdown to the New Year is on at Knott’s Merry Farm! With special fireworks, live entertainment, and extended hours, plus Knott’s signature rides and attractions, Knott’s New Year’s Eve celebration is the place to ring in 2014.

Special one-night-only entertainment serves up family fun for a variety of ages and interests, including the Midnight Party on the Midway! Count down the New Year with music, stilt walkers, party hats, and noisemakers for everyone. And new this year, the Knott’s Sky Cabin, adorned with special lighting effects, will dramatically rise to the top of the “K” tower to count down the final moments of 2013. The cabin will reach the top at the stroke of midnight and the skies above Knott’s will be ablaze with colorful fireworks!

There’s live entertainment everywhere you turn. Adding to the line-up of can’t miss performers are:

• Krazy Kirk & The Hillbillies! From the deep country hills of Anaheim, these boys will have toes tappin’ hands clappin’ and guts bustin’ during the best darn musical comedy show ever performed on the Wilderness Dance Hall stage.

• The Reflexx, the ultimate 80’s party band, headlines the Calico Square Stage with a blast to the past of radical music from Depeche Mode, Flock of Seagulls, A-Ha, and more. And before The Reflexx take the stage, DJ REESSO spins popular high energy music in the Calico Square.

• Comedy Magic of Dana Daniels will fill the Boardwalk Ballroom with uproarious laughter as he combines clean comedy, astounding magic, and a psychic parrot in his show.

• Sharp Turn Ahead will headline the Camp Snoopy Theater with the up-and-coming teen duo’s fresh combination of energetic acoustic guitar and smooth keys, playing original tunes and covers of today’s pop hits.

• Salsa Dancing with Louie Angon, DJ JC & Snoopy invite you to show off your dance moves at Fiesta Plaza and groove to the beat of this spicy music scene that’s Hot Hot Hot!

• Party in the Dance Hall is home to boot scootin’ line dancing and two-stepping good times led by Dusty, the line dance caller on the Wilderness Dance Hall stage (between Krazy Kurk sets).

• It’s Christmas, Snoopy will present encore performances into the evening. Join Snoopy and his pals as they skate their way through the joys of the Holiday season.

• Snoopy’s Magical Nights of Lights features thousands of sparkling lights and holiday music throughout Camp Snoopy all night long, beginning at dusk.

Knott’s New Year’s Eve Celebration is included with regular daytime admission. Park hours are 10 AM to 1 AM. A 2014 Knott’s Season Pass is a great way to visit on New Year’s Eve. 2014 passes offer a year of family fun and includes one free visit in 2013. And for a limited time, purchase a Season Pass for as low as six easy payments of $13! To purchase Season Passes or tickets, or for more information about Knott’s Berry Farm, visit http://www.knotts.com or download the Knott’s mobile app for your smartphone today. And join the conversation using #KnottsNYE.

About Knott’s Berry Farm and Cedar Fair Entertainment Company:

Knott’s Berry Farm is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a publicly traded partnership that is listed for trading on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “FUN.” In addition to Knott’s Berry Farm, Cedar Fair owns and operates ten other amusement parks, three water parks, one indoor water park, and five hotels. Cedar Fair also operates the Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park in California under a management contract.

This is probably one of the best ways I have ever seen a park cover for a ride removal. It certainly beats the Invertigarden. In fact, I think they did better than Disney's Maliboomer removal, considering that the potted trees there look much less permanent than this flower pot.

Saw the flower pot on Friday when I was at the park. I think it's the best thing Knott's can do at the moment to cover the space, and it's actually a nice feature that is worth looking at. I still hope they'll be a ride here in either 2014 or (more likely) 2015, but for now it doesn't look bad at all.

When Disney took down Maliboomer, they replaced it with planted trees and made it sort of a mini park setting.

ya but the disney attempt is completely embarrassing, you can't even go into their newly created "park" area and the trees they put in are surrounded by walls, all you can see is the top of the trees. Plus u can see all the old loading ramps and stuff, definitely the biggest eyesore in CA Adventure still, whenever i walk through that area i just shake my head.

When Disney took down Maliboomer, they replaced it with planted trees and made it sort of a mini park setting.

ya but the disney attempt is completely embarrassing, you can't even go into their newly created "park" area and the trees they put in are surrounded by walls, all you can see is the top of the trees. Plus u can see all the old loading ramps and stuff, definitely the biggest eyesore in CA Adventure still, whenever i walk through that area i just shake my head.

I never thought about it, but you're right. That area (which is now a smoking area) and the smoking area behind Mad T Party are the two weirdest parts of DCA. I always feel a little awkward in those areas. That all being said, I agree that KBF did a better job than Disney did with the former Maliboomer pad.

"They did a good job with that garden! BUT..... What if they filled in the whole area with grass or play fountains like the coca cola soke zone at USH?"

I am hoping this is a little less permanent; as in, until they can put in a new attraction. They still have the queue area up too so hopefully something else fits in the footprint and can be installed possibly by 2015.