TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ Same and ^^ same. This and Joker have been my most anticipated projects this year, and luckily both are in my state!

I drive by Knott's just about every day on my commute so I'll eagerly be watching the rails looking for testing trains as I drive down Beach Blvd.

Hoping they are able to soft open in a couple of weeks.

It's great to finally see an opening date and I'm glad it wasn't delayed too long. Those new trains look great too, I really think GhostRider could become a Top 10 woodie once again!

Edited by VegasBaby

Air Race's sadly have a low PPH. The highest capacity still only goes through 600 PPH according to Zamperla's website. Probably the reason why not many big parks have purchased them yet.

600 PPH totally smokes Xcelerator's capacity though, so that may not be much a problem for a park like Knott's.

???

Xcelerator has a capacity of 1,300 PPH, according to both RCDB and Wikipedia. I don't think that a ride with half the PPH "totally smokes" Xcelerator in capacity

Sorry this is 3 months old, just though i'd say, Xcelerator Capacity realistically barely makes it over 400 PPH

It's also being rumored that Boomerang will finally close and be demolished in the next year or so. That would open up a pretty big plot of land with riptide recently being torn out. Please let it be a new major coaster!!!

God, I hope so! Screamscape is reporting it too.

(5/19/16) Knott's Berry Farm Tweeted a picture of one of the new GhostRider coaster trains (GCI Millennium Flyers) and announced that GhostRider will reopen on June 11th. In other news, get your rides in on Boomerang while you still can. I don't know exactly WHEN it may close down, but according to the gossip, Boomerang will be the next major ride to be removed from Knott's over the next couple years. With Ripride already removed, the combined plot from the two attraction could house something as big as the Timber Mountain Log Ride.

This is how I've wanted them to redevelop the park to gain space and utilize the real estate! I am hoping they can further improve the Boardwalk atmosphere. The 2013 renovation was great, I hope they can extend that across the whole back half of the park.

Here's the space I imagine they may be able to work with:

Yellow: The land occupied by Riptide and Boomerang

Red: The land occupied by Sky Tower, Wipeout, and various food/games buildings. Demolish the Sky Tower like they originally planned for Windseeker.

Orange: Move Wipeout to Windseeker's spot! Kinda like how they moved the Scrambler.

Blue: I don't know what these buildings occupy, but it may be possible to use this space too?

1150125021_KnottsFurutre.thumb.png.f406781ce7fd16a581504d67cb52ce84.png

Blue buildings are the boardwalk ballroom, a special event space (and where Trapped happened for a few years). I believe the rest are employee rec areas. I can't imagine them getting of them, but it is certainly possible.

It's also being rumored that Boomerang will finally close and be demolished in the next year or so. That would open up a pretty big plot of land with riptide recently being torn out. Please let it be a new major coaster!!!

The sheer joy and jubilation this would cause would even surpass the despair and gloom suffered by Guy in the Dollywood thread...there would be no tears shed...I will now standby as someone professes their undying love of Boomerang...

If they do get rid of Boomerang, then it better be replaced by a major new coaster. The park has lost Windseeker, Riptide, and Screaming Swing without any replacements. I'm all for removing old rides that don't have good ridership or constantly break down, but they should be replaced by new rides. The Riptide/Boomerang area will be a pretty decent plot of land. It probably won't be enough room for a Hyper, but a Hyper would fit if they got rid of the tower and move Wipeout as someone suggested. Based on the latest attendance numbers, the park is doing very well, so I don't think an investment on the scale of a Hyper should be out of the question. If not a Hyper, then something like a Megalite or a Chance GT-X would be a great fit for the park.

Bottom line is that it's been 12 years since a major thrill coaster was put in at Knotts and it's time to add another one, especially if Boomerang gets the axe.

I don't see where a hyper would go unless it went outside the park. The plot of land you're describing is only about the size of Pony Express. I have a thought, what about a dive coaster? It could be 200 feet, the holding brake makes it totally unique to the entire western half of the United States and it could probably fit in that spot and be very compact. Plus Cedar Fair just bought one at Cedar Point.

I don't see where a hyper would go unless it went outside the park. The plot of land you're describing is only about the size of Pony Express. I have a thought, what about a dive coaster? It could be 200 feet, the holding brake makes it totally unique to the entire western half of the United States and it could probably fit in that spot and be very compact. Plus Cedar Fair just bought one at Cedar Point.

It probably would be too small for a Hyper without them getting pretty creative with the layout. A Hyper would be my first choice as there are no B&M Hypers on the West Coast and they are capacity monsters. But a dive coaster would be a great option and would give the park something really unique for the region.

I would love a Chance Hyper GTX or a small B&M Hyper (Goliath at La Ronde) or small B&M Dive! Any of those coasters would essentially boost Knotts' coaster lineup to the best in California! New GhostRider+Xcelerator+something relatively tall with airtime is better than what SFMM has (Twisted Colossus+Coasters I don't really care to ride)

what SFMM has (Twisted Colossus+Coasters I don't really care to ride)

To each his own but I think Magic Mountain still completely punishes them in the coaster department. It's not even close. It would help their coaster lineup though which would help solidify Knotts' standing as a more well rounded park than Magic Mountain.