TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ Nice photos thrillseeker. I had been hoping someone would post pictures of the new paint as I haven't been able to go to the park myself in a few weeks.

I was actually wondering, do you think the lack of repainting the Xcelerator track might be because of the extra difficulty of getting the insides of the box track? Does anyone know if other intamin box/triangle tracks have gotten repaints lately (MF, Storm Runner, TTD, KK)?

Or maybe I'm just trying to justify Knott's being a little "lazy" on this...

Millennium is so far the only Intamin that I know was repainted and that was 2 years ago now. There is a lot of surface area compared to the other track styles, so it's just more time consuming than anything. It's probably on the list next considering that Silver Bullet is now done (or at least getting close to be.)

Millennium is so far the only Intamin that I know was repainted and that was 2 years ago now. There is a lot of surface area compared to the other track styles, so it's just more time consuming than anything. It's probably on the list next considering that Silver Bullet is now done (or at least getting close to be.)

Superman Ride of Steel was repainted purple for some dumb reason.

More rain here in SoCal, park closed early again today at 5:30 so no work for me. As far as I know, the Coaster Run is still on for tomorrow if anyone was registered and going to that. On my way out, took a quick pic of Gr8 skate in the parking lot. Here you go!

1703493338_photo(1).thumb.JPG.1fadc47e96f347df5b9040beb8cc1578.JPG

To be fair, Tampico Tumbler was doomed before it was even assembled so we knew it wasn't going anywhere after KBF.

Gr8 Sk8 is a simple attraction that can easily be relocated with minimal investment.

^ I always forget they have a water park until I drive by the thing. Until they get another major tower of body slides, or preferably an aqua coaster, I have no intentions on returning.

On Sunday, June 8th, Knott's Berry Farm will once again be taking part in the Coasting for Kids charity event benefiting Give Kids The World. Event details are below. TPR is also supporting this great cause and will have a team of riders participating! Want to join in on the fun? To learn more, head on over to our Coasting for Kids 2014 thread!

Registration time: 7:45 a.m. - Knott's western employee parking lot located off of Western Avenue

Event time: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Marathon will take place on: Coast Rider and Jaguar!

Meal: 12:00 p.m. in Fiesta Village

Awards ceremony time and location: 5:30 p.m. in Fiesta Village

Regular park operating hours: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Prizes: 1st place - TBD

2nd place - TBD

3rd place - Give Kids The World gift basket

To be fair, Tampico Tumbler was doomed before it was even assembled so we knew it wasn't going anywhere after KBF.

Gr8 Sk8 is a simple attraction that can easily be relocated with minimal investment.

Used to love TT as a kid. Bring back the soap box racers