TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Was at the park Thursday. Run into some people I follow from a facebook Knott's site and had a good time. The park was empty and it was a warm day for this time of the year. I love what they did to the log ride and I can't wait for the mine ride to be finished. For some reason they had a very very slow crew at supreme scream but the rest of the rides were quick to load.

^Jeff Johnson isn't the persons real name. The letters have been scrambled so that only a select few can identify him/her/it. You can always refer to the entity known to TPR as Jeff Johnson by it's other monicker.

"The one that shall not go named."

Guy "To speaketh it's name, is to doometh the fate of man!" Koepp

^Just a hunch…but I suspect it is a bit easier to repaint pony express than it is Xcelerator.

True but I think they are not repainting Xcelerator's track because they painted the supports a couple of years ago and Xcelerator doesn't look that bad.

Compared to the coasters up north(scream, viper ,riddlers) Xcelerator looks okay.

^Jeff Johnson isn't the persons real name. The letters have been scrambled so that only a select few can identify him/her/it. You can always refer to the entity known to TPR as Jeff Johnson by it's other monicker.

"The one that shall not go named."

Guy "To speaketh it's name, is to doometh the fate of man!" Koepp

I know very little about Jeff Johnson. All I know is that he is old and has a very loose definition of a credit.

To some, Jeff Johnson is a myth. To others, a legend.

Some say that he once counted Colossus as 4 credits and that he once added Splash Mountain to his coaster-count, all we know is he's called the Jeff Johnson.

^Just a hunch…but I suspect it is a bit easier to repaint pony express than it is Xcelerator.

True but I think they are not repainting Xcelerator's track because they painted the supports a couple of years ago and Xcelerator doesn't look that bad.

Compared to the coasters up north(scream, viper ,riddlers) Xcelerator looks okay.

I think what it comes down to is logistics: there's no easy way to do it without spending lots and/or shutting the ride down.