TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^You're not saying anything that hasn't been said 100 times.

Personally, I think a giga would be all wrong for Knott's. Come think of it, I've probably said that 100 times.

Yeah i know. Also i feel like a good coaster for Knott's would be a nice Eurofighter in Screamin Swing's or Jaguar's spot. Even better would be a nice 150-175 foot tall B&M or Mack sit down in place of bumpercars and arcade.

Personally, I think a giga would be all wrong for Knott's. Come think of it, I've probably said that 100 times.

This whole thread repeats itself about every 10 pages or so!

Yeah i know. Also i feel like a good coaster for Knott's would be a nice Eurofighter in Screamin Swing's or Jaguar's spot. Even better would be a nice 150-175 foot tall B&M or Mack sit down in place of bumpercars and arcade.

When you say sit down, are you talking about a B&M sit down or a Mack sit down or just a mack one and any 150-170 foot tall B&M? Because that could mean a B&M wing coaster and, if so, NOOO! If, on the other hand, it were a B&M sit down, it would be awesome.

Nyteowl, Stopped by to say hi and ride La rev. Saw you while I was in line. But by the time I made it on the ride. You had gone to lunch. Sorry I missed ya. Be back in two weeks

Edited by JeromyL

At least Knott's has an excuse for one train operation due to Silver Bullet only having two trains, unlike other parks...

We criticize "the other park" for not spending money to buy a spare train, so why is KBF is any different?

At least Knott's has an excuse for one train operation due to Silver Bullet only having two trains, unlike other parks...

We criticize "the other park" for not spending money to buy a spare train, so why is KBF is any different?

Well, Scream is a different situation. When one train is taken off of Scream, you get 2 trains. However, SFMM seemed to feel the need to do what, if I understand correctly, was prolonged maintenance on two trains at once. On SB, you only have one train even if just one train is taken off. As for not having spare trains, I guess both parks are at fault for that to some extent.

Well, Scream is a different situation. When one train is taken off of Scream, you get 2 trains. However, SFMM seemed to feel the need to do what, if I understand correctly, was prolonged maintenance on two trains at once. On SB, you only have one train even if just one train is taken off. As for not having spare trains, I guess both parks are at fault for that to some extent.

I think an example jew might have been referring to was when people were complaining that Yolocoaster was only getting 2 trains instead of an unnecessary third train.

Exactly. One train operation on Xcelerator and Silver Bullet are brutal when it is crowded at KBF. They shouldn't get a free pass when we ripped on SFMM for not buying a spare for YOLOCoaster...

I do get what your saying... and it does make sense for parks that are not seasonal to have extra trains to handle the refurb schedules without impacting park going experiences... that hour wait I did tonight on SB was long!!! (and they already do that with ghostrider)

When you say sit down, are you talking about a B&M sit down or a Mack sit down or just a mack one and any 150-170 foot tall B&M? Because that could mean a B&M wing coaster and, if so, NOOO! If, on the other hand, it were a B&M sit down, it would be awesome.

Either or and tge B&M would be one of those mini hyperrs under 200 ft.

Nyteowl, Stopped by to say hi and ride La rev. Saw you while I was in line. But by the time I made it on the ride. You had gone to lunch. Sorry I missed ya. Be back in two weeks

No problem, hope you had a good day! Not sure where I'll be in two weeks, Ghost is supposed to be going down for rehab next week, but I'll probably be an extra in Fiesta then. Manager was saying I may go to Montezooma's or Jaguar. I'll keep you posted.

I completely agree with you here. Last year we went to Knotts on a really dead day in February and every coaster was a walk-on besides Silver Bullet which had a 20 minute wait (and 40 for the front). Silver Bullet and Xcelerator were only running one train. I don't understand why they don't have an extra train for Xcelerator but since the duration is so short it's not the end of the world when they run one train. On Silver Bullet they really need a third train. I would think on busier days this time of the year the lines would get unbearably long for that ride.

^My policy regarding Silver Bullet is simple: If it's a one- or two-train wait, I'll ride it. If the wait is longer than than that, I usually won't.

Edited by cfc

I completely agree with you here. Last year we went to Knotts on a really dead day in February and every coaster was a walk-on besides Silver Bullet which had a 20 minute wait (and 40 for the front). Silver Bullet and Xcelerator were only running one train. I don't understand why they don't have an extra train for Xcelerator but since the duration is so short it's not the end of the world when they run one train. On Silver Bullet they really need a third train. I would think on busier days this time of the year the lines would get unbearably long for that ride.

You would think, but the longest line Silver Bullet gets is around an hour and 45 minutes with running two trains